Rock Star Dad

AuthorMessage
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
November 19th, 2007 at 01:25pm
Billie is not necessarily talking about himself or his own point of view in a lot of his lyrics. He has said in various interviews that the song that particular lyric was taken from was written based on the observations he had made on the type of young people today that don't bother earning a living or trying to make something of themselves, they just rely on being spoonfed everything from their rich parents.

He has also stated that he wants his boys to be normal, down to earth, hard-working young men with morals and values. I really don't think he'll let them sit around waiting for his fortune.
whatsername_stjimmy
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
whatsername_stjimmy
May 10th, 2008 at 06:44pm
Onstage + like 'Rock-star' (for want of a better description) Billie Joe would be a completely different person to Dad Billie Joe-kinda like an alter-ego, cept less drastic. He's said it himself, didnt he? or at least i think he did? I read something like that in the book about Green Day by mark spitz that I forget the full name of and couldnt be bothered looking to see!
Disappearing Girl 16
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Disappearing Girl 16
May 13th, 2008 at 02:29pm
I read somewhere that he said he doesn't actually set rules for his kids. He just gives them guidelines on how to live and also that he wants to teach his sons to be sensitive and not some idiotic "macho" dude.
The D-Cup Wonder!!
King For A Couple Of Days
The D-Cup Wonder!!

Mibba
May 19th, 2008 at 02:45pm
whatsername_stjimmy:
Onstage + like 'Rock-star' (for want of a better description) Billie Joe would be a completely different person to Dad Billie Joe-kinda like an alter-ego, cept less drastic. He's said it himself, didnt he? or at least i think he did? I read something like that in the book about Green Day by mark spitz that I forget the full name of and couldnt be bothered looking to see!

Book's called 'Nobody Likes You'. Wink
And I remember something along those lines in it.
MyNameIsKatie
Geek
MyNameIsKatie

Mibba
May 26th, 2008 at 04:25pm
idk i think hed be a really kool dad. but i read that his oldest son was born in the same year as me. and i think that is kool....
Bones
Falling In Love With The Board
Bones

Mibba Blog
May 26th, 2008 at 06:21pm
You know its not cool to spell cool with a K
thought I'd point that out now before you continue down the road of abusing the English language

And I agree with one of the above comments, we only see one aspect to him, none of us have any idea how he is when he's not in the public eye, he could be the best dad in the world, he could be the worst, we just don't know
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 27th, 2008 at 02:29pm
kathleen.luvs.BJ:
idk i think hed be a really kool dad. but i read that his oldest son was born in the same year as me. and i think that is kool....

o ya v. kool 4 sho Sad
The D-Cup Wonder!!
The D-Cup Wonder!!

Mibba
May 30th, 2008 at 06:03pm
^ I don't understand that sentence at all. If that is a sentence.
Jesse Lacey
Post Whore
Jesse Lacey

Mibba Blog
May 30th, 2008 at 06:11pm
Garth:
^ I don't understand that sentence at all. If that is a sentence.

"Oh yeah, very cool for sure."
I think she was agreeing? Confused
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
May 30th, 2008 at 06:12pm
... you guys can't sense sarcasm, can you? Coolio
The D-Cup Wonder!!
The D-Cup Wonder!!

Mibba
May 30th, 2008 at 08:27pm
It's hard to catch over the internet.
Especially when you don't understand.
Bones
Falling In Love With The Board
Bones

Mibba Blog
June 1st, 2008 at 05:02pm
hence the smiley after it
and that's the point, it wasn't supposed to make sense, it's called taking the piss
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 2nd, 2008 at 10:10pm
Sorry, I won't make sarcastic remarks anymore. It causes too much confusion evidently. Coolio Talk about daddy Billie now.
Rocker Chic
Rocker Chic

Blog
June 2nd, 2008 at 11:00pm
You know what really got me? At the end of 2005, Rolling Stone asked him what his best moment was all year. In 05, there were the Grammys, the tour, the record sales, Bullet in a Bible - there were so many huge achievements he could've named. And you know how he replied? "I taught my son to play guitar."

That right there speaks volumes about what kind of father, what kind of man he is.
saar-
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
saar-
June 5th, 2008 at 06:15am
You know what really got me? At the end of 2005, Rolling Stone asked him what his best moment was all year. In 05, there were the Grammys, the tour, the record sales, Bullet in a Bible - there were so many huge achievements he could've named. And you know how he replied? "I taught my son to play guitar."
^^
Aww Shake
MyNameIsKatie
Geek
MyNameIsKatie

Mibba
June 23rd, 2008 at 02:33pm
Elegant Rubble:
You know its not cool to spell cool with a K
thought I'd point that out now before you continue down the road of abusing the English language

well who gives a fricken crap. i can spell words the way i want to. i wanna be different. and the only people who care about the english language are teachers pretty much.
Rocker Chic
Rocker Chic

Blog
June 23rd, 2008 at 03:03pm
^ And that's a terribly ignorant thing to say. Confused

Anywho - back to Billie the rockstar daddy!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
MyNameIsKatie
Geek
MyNameIsKatie

Mibba
June 24th, 2008 at 09:14pm
i think he would be like the awesome-ist dad ever!! (but my dad is pretty awesome tooo.) but i wonder if his kids and mikes like hang out..

i have a question... didnt billie's dad die when he was 10?? cuz like everything u read is like different...
Jesse Lacey
Post Whore
Jesse Lacey

Mibba Blog
June 25th, 2008 at 11:58pm
Boobmeister:
... you guys can't sense sarcasm, can you? Coolio
I knew she wasn't agreeing.

Alright.
On topic. Shifty
I think it would suck to have him as a father.
For me, personally, I don't know much about him.
But anyone "famous" as a father would most likely force you to not trust a lot of people growing up.
k. done.
CurlyFries
Idiot
CurlyFries

Mibba
June 26th, 2008 at 03:15am
NO one thinks their parents are cool, so it's different for them than it is for us. Unless they think of Billie the same way we idolize him. I hope this makes sense.
Register