DNA issues

AuthorMessage
dysLEXIa
King For A Couple Of Days
dysLEXIa
January 5th, 2006 at 01:31am
And because of this, there will be lawyers defeding and going against it. It will be a chaotic world. ONe side verses another side and oi. I hate to think about it. And we're in the middle of all of it!
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
January 6th, 2006 at 09:49am
don't you all think that you should just have kids and not choose the colour of they're eyes, who they'll look like.

ALL BECAUSE WE CAN DOEST MEAN WE SHOULD
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 6th, 2006 at 11:11am
tre_cool_is_god:
don't you all think that you should just have kids and not choose the colour of they're eyes, who they'll look like.

We're talking about eradicating serious and widespread genetic illnesses...The eye colour example was just that, and example of how far some people would take things.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 6th, 2006 at 06:30pm
Bloodraine:
tre_cool_is_god:

We're talking about eradicating serious and widespread genetic illnesses...The eye colour example was just that, and example of how far some people would take things.

Those diseases are part of life, if the only way to fix them was to tamper with genetics, they were not meant to be fixed in the first place.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 7th, 2006 at 07:22am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Bloodraine:
tre_cool_is_god:

Those diseases are part of life, if the only way to fix them was to tamper with genetics, they were not meant to be fixed in the first place.

Aah, but would you be singing the same tune if your child was born with one? Say they were born with Cystic Fibrosis...and spent half of their life having gunk and mucus drained from their lungs, suffering...Wouldn't you think;
"Oh, I could have fixed this so simply"?

I know I would...I wouldn't want to see them suffer. But I suppose you could argue that letting them suffer is the most loving thing you could do, if you get me...
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 7th, 2006 at 07:23am
For illness purposes yes.
For the way they look, no, unless I knew they'd be horribly disfigured. Then yes.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 7th, 2006 at 07:26am
Nine_Inch_Nails:
For the way they look, no, unless I knew they'd be horribly disfigured. Then yes.

Good point...For confidence reasons, adjusting big disfigurements might help them. Did anyone see that program about those kids? (I can't remeber quite what the disease was)...The bones in their faces grew at different speeds so the poor things ended up badly disfigured.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 7th, 2006 at 07:28am
Bloodraine:
Nine_Inch_Nails:

Good point...For confidence reasons, adjusting big disfigurements might help them. Did anyone see that program about those kids? (I can't remeber quite what the disease was)...The bones in their faces grew at different speeds so the poor things ended up badly disfigured.

That's awful.
I'd hate that so much.
I agree with cosmetic surgery in those conditions.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 7th, 2006 at 07:29am
Faith:
The only thing that I found wrong in that movie is that they stated that beeing left-handed is a downfall and a perfect human being cannot be left-handed...That's weird, you know, I don't think that's an imperfection - just a variant...

Which makes me think...it's scary if some messed up homophobes go "correcting" people and making all of the next generation straight or something. Not sure if it's possible, but either way, all that shit would take uniqueness away from us, make us all alike. Playing God..

Shocked
I'm left handed!
Ohh how cruel. lmfao I'm imperfected.
†walbot†
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
†walbot†
January 7th, 2006 at 09:05am
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Faith:
The only thing that I found wrong in that movie is that they stated that beeing left-handed is a downfall and a perfect human being cannot be left-handed...That's weird, you know, I don't think that's an imperfection - just a variant...

Which makes me think...it's scary if some messed up homophobes go "correcting" people and making all of the next generation straight or something. Not sure if it's possible, but either way, all that shit would take uniqueness away from us, make us all alike. Playing God..

Shocked
I'm left handed!

Surprised I'm left handed too! I'll never watch that film as long as i live!
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 7th, 2006 at 09:08am
†walbot†:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Faith:

Shocked
I'm left handed!

Surprised I'm left handed too! I'll never watch that film as long as i live!

lmfao We're screwed dude.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 7th, 2006 at 12:01pm
Bloodraine:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Bloodraine:
tre_cool_is_god:

Aah, but would you be singing the same tune if your child was born with one? Say they were born with Cystic Fibrosis...and spent half of their life having gunk and mucus drained from their lungs, suffering...Wouldn't you think;

I know I would...I wouldn't want to see them suffer. But I suppose you could argue that letting them suffer is the most loving thing you could do, if you get me...

After they are born no tampering should be done with their genetics at all, so If I had already made the choice not to fix it I would probably feel awful about what happened, but messing with genetics is very wrong, before or after the child is born.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 7th, 2006 at 12:29pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Bloodraine:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Bloodraine:
tre_cool_is_god:

After they are born no tampering should be done with their genetics at all, so If I had already made the choice not to fix it I would probably feel awful about what happened, but messing with genetics is very wrong, before or after the child is born.

Wrong in your opinion.
I think it can be either. I'm not one to judge, I believe that if the child is disabled or whatever, and the parents want to, then I think they are right to.
I'm not saying I wouldn't accept a child with a disability or anything. One of my good friend's has got asbergers, but lemme see you, his parents say had they had the chance to "fix" him they would have done. It's not fair on him and it's not fair on his family. Because think about it, the parents are the ones who are going to have to deal with the disability, having to care for it and everything.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 7th, 2006 at 12:51pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:

Personally...I would 'fix' my child if they were found to have a seious illness. Basically, its all very well saying I'd love them for who they were anyway (Which, obviously I would...) but how would they feel? It isn't going to be me coping with this life threataning, terminal, disfiguring disease or whatever.

They will have to have some kind of treatment for the rest of their lives, maybe even die young.

Also they may well be bullied by other children, and knowing I could have 'Made them normal' before they were born will perhaps make them feel resentful.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 7th, 2006 at 01:00pm
Bloodraine:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

Personally...I would 'fix' my child if they were found to have a seious illness. Basically, its all very well saying I'd love them for who they were anyway (Which, obviously I would...) but how would they feel? It isn't going to be me coping with this life threataning, terminal, disfiguring disease or whatever.

They will have to have some kind of treatment for the rest of their lives, maybe even die young.

Also they may well be bullied by other children, and knowing I could have 'Made them normal' before they were born will perhaps make them feel resentful.

What about all the children who wont have the option to get fixed? This is going to cost an arm and a leg, children that "need" it wont be able to get it.

I hate using the word fix, its like we are refering to them as something broken. They arnt broken, they just wont be like everyone else, thats sad, but as of now its not preventable.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 7th, 2006 at 01:03pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Bloodraine:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

What about all the children who wont have the option to get fixed? This is going to cost an arm and a leg, children that "need" it wont be able to get it.

In my country we have the NHS...I know very few countries have free healthcare but in many years time, in the event of genetic modification becoming widespread, it will no doubt become available through the NHS to those who need it. So that isn't really an issue...
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 7th, 2006 at 01:05pm
Bloodraine:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Bloodraine:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

In my country we have the NHS...I know very few countries have free healthcare but in many years time, in the event of genetic modification becoming widespread, it will no doubt become available through the NHS to those who need it. So that isn't really an issue...

I highly doubt it will become avalible through there anytime soon, and it isnt a nessascary procedure.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 7th, 2006 at 01:06pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Bloodraine:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Bloodraine:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

I highly doubt it will become avalible through there anytime soon, and it isnt a nessascary procedure.

I know that if I was born with a horrible disease and my parents hasn't "fixed" me because they said "they'd love me whatever" then I would resent them. I think that's a selfish reason personally.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 7th, 2006 at 01:10pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:

Believe me, it will Wink . It is a very necessary procedure. Eradicating the disease before birth will save years of expensive treatment...
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 7th, 2006 at 01:13pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
I know that if I was born with a horrible disease and my parents hasn't "fixed" me because they said "they'd love me whatever" then I would resent them. I think that's a selfish reason personally.

Were you referring to me being selfish then?

But I too would probably resent my parents for not choosing to modify my genes...Like I said, It wouldn't be my parents living with a horrible illness for the rest of their lives, I'd be the one living and dealing with it every day.
Register