July 24th, 2006 at 12:09pm
^^ he sure does Cool im not a huge fan.. but i don't mind them Smile
mikey1000
Idiot
mikey1000
July 25th, 2006 at 03:19am
A.D.I.D.A.S.:
international_idiot:
Shocked I love Slipknot. Corey Taylor has a damn good set of lungs on him.

I know Shocked

Ditto. Glad we agree on something. Cool
radioactive
Geek
radioactive

Mibba
July 25th, 2006 at 03:33am
\m/..(- -)..\m/ *head bang*
Ex's and Oh's
Geek
Ex's and Oh's
July 25th, 2006 at 05:33am
I like them, but I don't actually own any of their stuff. Any album recommendations? Where should I start?
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
July 25th, 2006 at 06:36am
A.D.I.D.A.S.:
mikey1000:

Hmmm i don't know. In my version, being from europe the last song is 12 minutes long. Surfacing lasts for 4 minutes and then they talk about something for about 5 minutes...what i have no clue. And then eeyore kicks in Cool.
And yes start with the self titled. Then maybe check Mate feed kill repeat. It's before the self titled just with a different lead singer. Not bad at all. Cool
I think there watching something. ROFL. Cause they are like
SHUT UP!
Then it's EEWWWW.
IDK Cool

Um. Its the initiation for Chris to join the band. Thats what I've always heard, anyways.

and as for MFKR, only 1000 were made, and they were given out at one of their early shows, whilst Anders was still with the band. But I guess you could download some off the internet, in my opinion, well, I wouldn't recommend it, Slipknot with Corey is better.
Buckfast Wine.
Falling In Love With The Board
Buckfast Wine.
July 25th, 2006 at 08:24am
BigMirror:
I like them, but I don't actually own any of their stuff. Any album recommendations? Where should I start?

Self titled album.
mikey1000
Idiot
mikey1000
July 25th, 2006 at 01:21pm
Hell yea self titled then iowa then vol3...then maybe 9.0 live and then MFKR. And anders was good too, sure corey is better and fits into the slipknot image better. I enjoyed MFKR just as much as the others...and i bought mine for 20 euro Very Happy, got lucky i guess. I heard some fan payed 650$ for a copy. Now that's a maggot. Very Happy
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
July 25th, 2006 at 07:59pm
I personally don't like Iowa as much. Iunno, its just not as good, musically. Like, on ST and SV, it sounds like they really tried to be the best they could be, and on Iowa, they just tried to be as heavy and as "fuck that" as they could be.
mikey1000
Idiot
mikey1000
July 25th, 2006 at 09:04pm
Coff:
I personally don't like Iowa as much. Iunno, its just not as good, musically. Like, on ST and SV, it sounds like they really tried to be the best they could be, and on Iowa, they just tried to be as heavy and as "fuck that" as they could be.

Yes i agree Iowa was their heaviest album. I like it cause it has the whole fuck you feel to it. And musically i gotta admit they surprised me with vol3. It wasn't what i expected but i was totally shocked Shocked . They just showed they can combine heavyness with very very well written acoustic songs. And that means they're not just a one act band. Too bad i never heard vermilion part2 live. They don't sing it cause well...not many people who go to see them want to hear that i guess, but i'd be curious to see Corey and Shawn how they sing it live...maybe on the DVD who knows? Very Happy
Forget December
Geek
Forget December
July 26th, 2006 at 05:47am
Exactly i agree he's good but not the best. And that drum solo was more croud pleaser than anything. He developed his own style and that's good but he has much much much more work in front of him. Still he's one fast bastard.

According to Kerrang! Joey's one of the fastest drummers metal has ever seen or something xD
mikey1000
Idiot
mikey1000
July 26th, 2006 at 07:04am
Coff:
A.D.I.D.A.S.:
mikey1000:

Hmmm i don't know. In my version, being from europe the last song is 12 minutes long. Surfacing lasts for 4 minutes and then they talk about something for about 5 minutes...what i have no clue. And then eeyore kicks in Cool.
And yes start with the self titled. Then maybe check Mate feed kill repeat. It's before the self titled just with a different lead singer. Not bad at all. Cool
I think there watching something. ROFL. Cause they are like
SHUT UP!
Then it's EEWWWW.
IDK Cool

Um. Its the initiation for Chris to join the band. Thats what I've always heard, anyways.

and as for MFKR, only 1000 were made, and they were given out at one of their early shows, whilst Anders was still with the band. But I guess you could download some off the internet, in my opinion, well, I wouldn't recommend it, Slipknot with Corey is better.

Yes i listened to it and may very well be the guys convincing him to join the band. Thanx for that one.
And about joey he once held the record for double bass pedals or something. He's good no one is saying he isn't but beating the shit out of the double bass doesnt't make you the best drummer out there.
Many maggots are blind like that and go: joey's the best in the world, mick pwns x and y...they're all good at what they do, very good but not the best. That's what i'm trying to say.
the_feeling_isn't_fear
Geek
the_feeling_isn't_fear
July 26th, 2006 at 07:07am
i've hated them for along long long long long long long long long long time
DragingIntoTheLite
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
DragingIntoTheLite
July 26th, 2006 at 07:49am
I don't like Slipknot. My reason their metal is too lite like Korn.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
July 26th, 2006 at 08:57am
mikey1000:

Yes i listened to it and may very well be the guys convincing him to join the band. Thanx for that one.
And about joey he once held the record for double bass pedals or something. He's good no one is saying he isn't but beating the shit out of the double bass doesnt't make you the best drummer out there.
Many maggots are blind like that and go: joey's the best in the world, mick pwns x and y...they're all good at what they do, very good but not the best. That's what i'm trying to say.

Nooo. Not convincing him to join the band, making him take a test before he does join the band.

No, but it does make you very good, it takes a lot of control and strength to be able to play that fast and play it all in time. Its not that easy to play the double kick pedal that fast.

The drummer from an Australian band called Cog is better though. So, yeah, I know he isn't the best in the world. But they are all fantastic musicians and they can write fantastic music.
mikey1000
Idiot
mikey1000
July 26th, 2006 at 11:45am
I know alor of drummers that are better than jordison...but that's not the point. He fits the band perfectly.

And yes i know it's hard to keep it up with the double bass. I mean heck listen to The heretic Anthem...there's a workout for the legs. My friend plays drums for 5years and can barely play it.

Plus Joey also writes some of the songs plus he can play the guitar so you have to respect him as a musician.
http://drummerworld.com/drummers/Joey_Jordison.html - Check out his drummin in the first video. That's only a soundcheck but somehow it impressed me more than the disasterpiece solo. Cool
mikey1000
Idiot
mikey1000
July 27th, 2006 at 04:26am
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sH0xVNH88TU OMG!!! Someone gave me this link...and i almost pissed myself. He really did make it work. lmfao lmfao lmfao
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
July 27th, 2006 at 06:45am
lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao thats hilarious. And it really does seem like they are playing it lmfao lmfao
Buckfast Wine.
Falling In Love With The Board
Buckfast Wine.
July 27th, 2006 at 07:47am
mikey1000:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sH0xVNH88TU OMG!!! Someone gave me this link...and i almost pissed myself. He really did make it work. lmfao lmfao lmfao

OMG
lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao
It's funniest when they are all headbanging.
mikey1000
Idiot
mikey1000
July 27th, 2006 at 09:40am
A.D.I.D.A.S.:

OMG
lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao
It's funniest when they are all headbanging.

lmfao that's my fav part too Cool. It fits a bit too much lol
Here's another with American idiot.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=txalsgU_5sk
Gotta love it.
mikey1000
Idiot
mikey1000
July 27th, 2006 at 01:39pm
http://youtube.com/watch?v=x2yZbURCeCg OMG HE MADE THAT WORK!!! And he kept playing after that. Corey's the shit. Cool
Register