-Your dream guitar-

AuthorMessage
Dom
Jackass
Dom
April 22nd, 2007 at 05:23am
Yes I Am God:

hmm, probs hard to get a good SRV tone unless you do his whole "0.013 gauge strings downtuned to Eb trick". May aswell just get a strat and throw it at a wall a few times.
Dom
Jackass
Dom
April 22nd, 2007 at 05:25am
Franny.:
nope, the tempest model is popular but i don't like the figure of it. the c-1 elite (picture above) is exactly what i want mine to be. i don't like to buy off ebay (i'm not sure why...) but thanks for helping =)

be wary of buying a guitar off ebay. Go try it out first. The neck could be warped, there could be chips in the finish, could be badly set up (high action, bad inotation) and if youve got it off ebay theres the whole hassle of sending it back.
Dom
Jackass
Dom
April 22nd, 2007 at 05:28am
ELLIE.:
American Vintage ‘52 Telecaster®

One of the longest-running production models in Fender’s history, the Telecaster guitar has been modified only slightly in its more than 50 legendary years, with its great strength inherent in its classic simplicity.

We pay homage to our own with the American Vintage ’52 Telecaster. Its premium ash body, one-piece U-shaped maple neck with 7.25”-radius fingerboard, single-ply black pickguard and original Tele circuit with three-position switch exude vintage authenticity, as do the brass bridge saddles and ashtray bridge cover. A vintage six-saddle bridge and a modern wiring update kit are included.

ya i copied it off the fender site but that's the one i want.

ive got a fender telecaster, honey blonde finish. the neck is the sexiest maple ever, i love it. slightly more than my gibson SG i think. I'll work out how to get a picture of them up. oh... my dream guitar..id probably be really boring and go with a gibson les paul.
PentatonicA
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
PentatonicA
April 22nd, 2007 at 10:44pm
Between Halloweens.
Banned
Between Halloweens.
April 23rd, 2007 at 08:50am
I'd LOVE Billie Joe's sig Gibson Les Paul Jnr guitar. In sunburst.
Very Happy
Franny.
Falling In Love With The Board
Franny.
April 23rd, 2007 at 10:22am
PentatonicA:

hammett's guitar, niiice.
beans
Geek
beans
April 24th, 2007 at 10:47am
ooh mine is probably gibson les paul custom ace frehley. not sure how good the sound but i love the look.
High Fidelity
High Fidelity
April 24th, 2007 at 04:31pm

OR

Eventually, I want this. Joe Strummer's my favorite guitarist, and even though I prefer Gibsons to Fenders, I still really want a Telecaster to get that Strummer sound.
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
April 28th, 2007 at 05:27pm
Mine:

Jimmi Hendrix Flying V

and

Billie Joe Armstrong Les Paul Jr.
Nimrod72593
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Nimrod72593
April 29th, 2007 at 09:00am
I want the Billie Joe Armstrong Les Paul Junior SO bad!
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
April 30th, 2007 at 06:25am
Nimrod72593:
I know, it's so awesome, I wonder what the price is Think
PentatonicA
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
PentatonicA
May 2nd, 2007 at 12:46pm
Franny.:

That's right baby!

I also have a soft spot for this one:

But I'm not that keen about the little 'triangles' on the frets.
The body is gorgeous though... and Jackson's upside-down heads are the meanest in the business!

Headbang
PentatonicA
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
PentatonicA
May 2nd, 2007 at 12:58pm
Nimrod72593:

Meski:

Here guys, all you need to know about BJ signature Gibson:
Gibson USA - Billie Joe Armstrong Les Paul Junior

(Plus at the top of the page you got an option to select your region/country)

Prices varies but here's an example from $1,469.00 to $2,169.00
www.americanmusical.com
or
www.guitarcenter.com
Franny.
Franny.
May 3rd, 2007 at 01:03am
PentatonicA:
Franny.:

That's right baby!

I also have a soft spot for this one:

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/products/prod_images/guitars/2910100585_xl.jpg
But I'm not that keen about the little 'triangles' on the frets.
The body is gorgeous though... and Jackson's upside-down heads are the meanest in the business!

ooo very nice. the body looks great. are the pick ups the sustainer ones? the only downside of jacksons [for me] is that they're really heavy. it's quite uncomfortable to play so i never thought to buy one. i might one day...when i get more muscular =P

Headbang
High Fidelity
High Fidelity
May 5th, 2007 at 12:21am
PentatonicA:
Nimrod72593:

Meski:

Here guys, all you need to know about BJ signature Gibson:
Gibson USA - Billie Joe Armstrong Les Paul Junior

(Plus at the top of the page you got an option to select your region/country)

Prices varies but here's an example from $1,469.00 to $2,169.00
www.americanmusical.com
or
www.guitarcenter.com
I don't really think it's worth the price. The specs aren't very different from the Les Paul Jr. which is usually $699.
PentatonicA
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
PentatonicA
May 6th, 2007 at 06:36am
Franny.:
ooo very nice. the body looks great. are the pick ups the sustainer ones? the only downside of jacksons [for me] is that they're really heavy. it's quite uncomfortable to play so i never thought to buy one. i might one day...when i get more muscular =P

About the weight… you know I never noticed, but now that you mentioned it, yeah I think you’re right they can be quite heavy. I didn’t notice for two reasons. One; I never got my hands on that many different guitars, never got the opportunity and I’m quite shy to ask to try them in shops, Two; because I’m more of a bass player I started playing guitar fairly recent, so after feeling the weight of a Fender Precision… everything else feels lighter after that (lol). And no I’m not muscular at all I’m tiny and wimpish (lol) I just get a horrible pain in the neck and shoulders… no pain no game I suppose…

About the “sustainer” pick ups you got me there. I know they’re EMG 81 and 85 hum bucking pickups.
PentatonicA
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
PentatonicA
May 6th, 2007 at 06:41am
Color Me Impressed:
I don't really think it's worth the price. The specs aren't very different from the Les Paul Jr. which is usually $699.

I don’t understand this obsession with the Les Paul BJ signature, it cost that much BECAUSE it’s a signature model plus Gibsons tend to be expensive anyways, but all signatures in general tend to cost more. I agree with you I’d just go for an economic junior version (given that I'd like Gibsons wich I don't) and save me the difference, it’s foolish to fork that kind of cash only because, you know… it’s BJ guitar! Screw that!
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
May 6th, 2007 at 09:50am
PentatonicA:
Color Me Impressed:

I don’t understand this obsession with the Les Paul BJ signature, it cost that much BECAUSE it’s a signature model plus Gibsons tend to be expensive anyways, but all signatures in general tend to cost more. I agree with you I’d just go for an economic junior version (given that I'd like Gibsons wich I don't) and save me the difference, it’s foolish to fork that kind of cash only because, you know… it’s BJ guitar! Screw that!
I have a Rockson Les Paul Jr. and it cost me 99 €, it's very similar to the Gibson one
Dom
Jackass
Dom
May 6th, 2007 at 10:03am
Meski:
PentatonicA:
Color Me Impressed:

I have a Rockson Les Paul Jr. and it cost me 99 €, it's very similar to the Gibson one

possibly in terms of looks, but not much else. As for the BJ signature one, its not gunna be much different that the regular Les Paul Jr. only it'll cost more. You could probably upgrade a regular one, or even an epi, to sound as good.
Protest the Hero.
Protest the Hero.
May 11th, 2007 at 07:02pm
Color Me Impressed:

I'm getting that one, but it's a crappy Maestro.
Register