AuthorMessage
just_call_me_dookie
Addict
just_call_me_dookie

Mibba
October 30th, 2007 at 12:50am
Billie's Willie:
bjtp:
There was a skit on British TV where Dumbledore was leaning over the pensieve and was like "Harry.. we have to talk, but first.. dance with me!" and the camera pulled out, and he has his ass hanging out in chaps, and started dancing to some disco music! lmfao lmfao It was awesome. tehe
Shocked OMFG OMFG OMFG
lmfao lmfao
Roisin-Marie
King For A Couple Of Days
Roisin-Marie

Blog
October 30th, 2007 at 04:56pm
Peardrops:
It's not like his sexuality makes any difference at all.
If it was supposed to, it would've been mentioned in the books - not after the series had finished.

Maybe she just wanted to 'keep the fire lit' as it goes.you know, more to spazz about even after the books are finished...or maybe she just wanted to wind up all those over obsessive christians Faith

Roisin-Marie
Roisin-Marie

Blog
October 30th, 2007 at 04:59pm
just_call_me_dookie:
Billie's Willie:
bjtp:
There was a skit on British TV where Dumbledore was leaning over the pensieve and was like "Harry.. we have to talk, but first.. dance with me!" and the camera pulled out, and he has his ass hanging out in chaps, and started dancing to some disco music! lmfao lmfao It was awesome. tehe
Shocked OMFG OMFG OMFG
lmfao lmfao

LMFAO! i saw that! i think it was on the Graham Norton show Laughing
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
October 31st, 2007 at 05:15pm
obsessed much?:
Peardrops:
If it was supposed to, it would've been mentioned in the books - not after the series had finished.

Maybe she just wanted to 'keep the fire lit' as it goes.you know, more to spazz about even after the books are finished...or maybe she just wanted to wind up all those over obsessive christians Faith

Or maybe it didn't make the slightest bit of difference to her and she just gave an honest answer to a fan's question.
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
October 31st, 2007 at 05:33pm
obsessed much?:
Hand It was on Friday Night With Jonathan Ross. Cassie
Roisin-Marie
Roisin-Marie

Blog
October 31st, 2007 at 05:41pm
lyrical_mess:
obsessed much?:
Peardrops:

Or maybe it didn't make the slightest bit of difference to her and she just gave an honest answer to a fan's question.

well that was implied...it sounds like your making out that im homophobic.
Roisin-Marie
Roisin-Marie

Blog
October 31st, 2007 at 05:42pm
bjtp:
obsessed much?:
Hand It was on Friday Night With Jonathan Ross. Cassie

aaaaaaaaah yes yes yes.i love british television Cool
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
October 31st, 2007 at 06:32pm
I love JR. tehe
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
October 31st, 2007 at 06:53pm
bjtp:
I love JR. tehe
me too Shifty

Although he stole James` ska joke. Mad
Miley Cyrus
Basket Case
Miley Cyrus

Blog
October 31st, 2007 at 08:27pm
I think it's kind of stupid, to be honest. It was an after-the-fact thing to get publicity that had nothing to do with the story line. Also, Dumbledore, like the wizards he's based upon (Merlin, Gandalf, et cetera) is supposed to be this old wizened non sexual guy. He's not supposed to even think about sexual feelings, it ruins his portrait.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
October 31st, 2007 at 10:02pm
Sheepless and redundant:
I think it's kind of stupid, to be honest. It was an after-the-fact thing to get publicity that had nothing to do with the story line. Also, Dumbledore, like the wizards he's based upon (Merlin, Gandalf, et cetera) is supposed to be this old wizened non sexual guy. He's not supposed to even think about sexual feelings, it ruins his portrait.

It's hardly a publicity stunt when someone asked her the question. It's not like she woke up one morning and said 'right! Dumbledore's gay, let's tell the world!'

And I'm sorry, just because someone is old it means they're not supposed to love? A sexual preference isn't just about intercourse, it's about love as well, and to even think for a moment that once you get to a certain age you are not allowed to love is preposterous, in my opinion.
just_call_me_dookie
Addict
just_call_me_dookie

Mibba
October 31st, 2007 at 10:21pm
Flaming Phalanges!:
Sheepless and redundant:

It's hardly a publicity stunt when someone asked her the question. It's not like she woke up one morning and said 'right! Dumbledore's gay, let's tell the world!'

And I'm sorry, just because someone is old it means they're not supposed to love? A sexual preference isn't just about intercourse, it's about love as well, and to even think for a moment that once you get to a certain age you are not allowed to love is preposterous, in my opinion.
I agree FP.
Miley Cyrus
Basket Case
Miley Cyrus

Blog
November 1st, 2007 at 03:21am
Flaming Phalanges!:
Sheepless and redundant:

I know, but it just seems to not have anything to do with the book. I'm not saying he can't love at a certain age, it's just that all the wizards he's directly based off don't and it seems rather strange for me
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
November 1st, 2007 at 09:18am
It's very important to the book! Why did Dumbledore turn a blind eye to all Grindelward's plans for muggle torture? Because he was blinded by love. It's not irrelevant in the slightest. Had Dumbledore not loved Grindelward, he probably would have seen him properly for what he was and tried to prevent his plans before he got a chance to cause much damage.

What you have to remember is that Dumbledore is as human as the rest of us, and it shouldn't be strange from any sort of perspective that he is also prone to having feelings, just as we all do.
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
November 1st, 2007 at 10:52am
Also.. Gandalf is a raging queer. tehe
Roisin-Marie
Roisin-Marie

Blog
November 1st, 2007 at 06:57pm
bjtp:

lmfao!!!!!!!!!
just_call_me_dookie
Addict
just_call_me_dookie

Mibba
November 1st, 2007 at 10:01pm
Flaming Phalanges!:
It's very important to the book! Why did Dumbledore turn a blind eye to all Grindelward's plans for muggle torture? Because he was blinded by love. It's not irrelevant in the slightest. Had Dumbledore not loved Grindelward, he probably would have seen him properly for what he was and tried to prevent his plans before he got a chance to cause much damage.

What you have to remember is that Dumbledore is as human as the rest of us, and it shouldn't be strange from any sort of perspective that he is also prone to having feelings, just as we all do.
I second that. I'm glad that JK wrote what she wrote and said what she said. It makes him more human, to show that everyone makes mistakes and most of the time in the end that things can turn out okay, or that people will still love you for who you are.
It's about tolerance Smile
dr cunningham
This Board Is My Home
dr cunningham

Blog
November 2nd, 2007 at 01:21am
bjtp:
Well the hobbits do only come up to his waist Lick

Anyway.I like teh idea of Dumbledore being gay. He'll be like the George Micheael of our time (But he wont sing or shag in public areas Smile )
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
November 2nd, 2007 at 10:33am
Laura omg:
bjtp:
Well the hobbits do only come up to his waist Lick
omg! lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
November 2nd, 2007 at 09:57pm
I want to make a tee saying:

"Dumbledore was gay,
..."

I really don't know what to come up with.
Register