Education

AuthorMessage
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
March 21st, 2006 at 03:21pm
Magne:

what fun kids have these days HAY! Stopping other kids who want to get a good standard of education, i wish i payed more attention at school though, i got my qualifications out of school and i would never suggest anyone do it like that either, i was wrong kids!

I have a load of attention seeking wankers in my class that the teachers can't control but I wouldn't go so far as to say they were stopping me from keeping a good education.
And in case you think I'm just on about a few kids talking in class I'm not for example today whilst the teacher was writing something on the board half the class thought it would be hilarious to climb on the desks and throw school-bags at each other. And in another class later on in the day the same group started throwing themselves at the partition (thats this large screen that sperates a large classroom into two). And yet with even with those complete assholes in my class I still somehow managed to learn something over the past three years!
But thank god next year they will be legally old enough to quit school and I'll only have to see them again when they're working at McDonnalds Twisted Evil
a-dawg.
Falling In Love With The Board
a-dawg.
March 21st, 2006 at 03:29pm
There's this boy with ADD in my music class, he distracts the whole thing but it's SO fucking funny!
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
March 21st, 2006 at 05:40pm
What I absolutly hate is when a teacher just gives you an overhead to copy down, or just tells you what to do, and then sits there for the rest of the lesson not helping anyone!

I have learn absolutly nothing in music this year, because of a teacher like that. I chose to do music because I love it, and I want to learn in music!

And when he goes "I don't want to be teaching you this either"

If you don't want to teach, don't become a fucking teacher.
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
March 23rd, 2006 at 06:22pm
I thinks boards of education (or whoever is responsible) take education WAY to far. Most of the stuff that I learn is nowhere near what I want to learn. Don't you think you should have a choice on what you learn? Or mayeb these teachers and other conductors of education think were not responsible enough to chose what we learn....

I think it all depends on what you want to be. Like if you want to be an artist, learning algebra and chemistry is completely useless. Or if you want to do something in music, learn about MUSIC, not about the circulatory system or Christopher Columbus.....
ren
Idiot
ren
March 23rd, 2006 at 09:48pm
Handguns For Hearts:
I thinks boards of education (or whoever is responsible) take education WAY to far. Most of the stuff that I learn is nowhere near what I want to learn. Don't you think you should have a choice on what you learn? Or mayeb these teachers and other conductors of education think were not responsible enough to chose what we learn....

I think it all depends on what you want to be. Like if you want to be an artist, learning algebra and chemistry is completely useless. Or if you want to do something in music, learn about MUSIC, not about the circulatory system or Christopher Columbus.....

i understand where you are coming from im forced to take classes at my school that will not benefit me and take me away form classes that would help me gain knowldege for what id like ot do after high school. I do however commend my school district because we have our own auto lab with lifts nad tools thats some smaller schools dont have. We have a huge art department and such but we also have to faciliate 5000+ teens. I think we need have more choice on choosing our classes so that we can focus on our future. By forcing me to take years of science im not learning anything but to hate science. I do think that we should have basic knowledge of all subjects but there is a point where it becomes extreme.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
March 24th, 2006 at 04:41am
Incubus:
Magne:

what fun kids have these days HAY! Stopping other kids who want to get a good standard of education, i wish i payed more attention at school though, i got my qualifications out of school and i would never suggest anyone do it like that either, i was wrong kids!

I have a load of attention seeking wankers in my class that the teachers can't control but I wouldn't go so far as to say they were stopping me from keeping a good education.
And in case you think I'm just on about a few kids talking in class I'm not for example today whilst the teacher was writing something on the board half the class thought it would be hilarious to climb on the desks and throw school-bags at each other. And in another class later on in the day the same group started throwing themselves at the partition (thats this large screen that sperates a large classroom into two). And yet with even with those complete assholes in my class I still somehow managed to learn something over the past three years!
But thank god next year they will be legally old enough to quit school and I'll only have to see them again when they're working at McDonnalds Twisted Evil

kids do it because they know that they can get away with it.
Siobhan
Geek
Siobhan
March 24th, 2006 at 06:45am
Magne:
Incubus:
Magne:

No, kids do it becuse it is fun
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
March 24th, 2006 at 07:08am
roll_on:
Magne:
Incubus:
Magne:

No, kids do it becuse it is fun

its fun hindering other kids getting a decent education? Mmmmm.......i think its juvenile, the kids that muck about, the chances are they'll only end up working in dead end jobs, or they'll have to get they're qulifiactions after school, i had to do that and trust me i wish i never, i wish i knuckled down and did my school work when i was at school. Even now after getting the qualifactions that i have i am now being told that you have to have experiance to work in the enviroment that i want, so i have to find some one who will take me on and work up from the bottom, whereas if worked at school i would be there already and not struggling.
Gustavatron.
Addict
Gustavatron.
March 24th, 2006 at 07:13am
The biggest problem is how the teachers are treated, our music teahcer spends 30 minutes just shouting at us, it's horrible to look at. They have made her cry twice.
It's the same with PE and German.
And this is all the teachers and parents problems, the teachers never make any home calls so the parents don't know anything abou it etc. etc.
No one gives a damn anymore.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
March 24th, 2006 at 09:01am
Gustavatron.:
The biggest problem is how the teachers are treated, our music teahcer spends 30 minutes just shouting at us, it's horrible to look at. They have made her cry twice.
And this is all the teachers and parents problems, the teachers never make any home calls so the parents don't know anything abou it etc. etc.

my childrens school is excellent for calling me when anything goes wrong, i know about almost everything my kids do at school, emphesis on the wrold ALMOST!!
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
March 24th, 2006 at 05:28pm
Gustavatron.:

Absolutly. And, at my school, even if my parents do ring up, they don't take any notice.

I was getting bullied, so mum and dad made a zillion calls to the school.

They finally told my mum that they would have a meeting with me to see who it was and things like that. They said that they would call me to the office when they were going to have the meeting.

A week passed, no meeting. I had to go to the office myself, and ask for the teacher.

He said that he would deal with it, and he wouldn't tell them that I went and saw him, he would say that friends of mine came and saw him.

Three terms passed, didn't get any better. Mum and dad saw the school again, and so then the teacher goes, and tells the kids off, using my name, and basically implying, or telling them that I saw him about it.

Its pathetic.

And to Magne: Some kids do see it as fun. Its fun to get a reaction out of people, its fun to mess up. I don't think that they are necessarily thinking about everyone elses education that they are stuffing up, they are only thinking of themselves.

But I hate watching people stuff up the lesson and give the teacher a bad time. two years ago, in my italian class, I didn't learn a thing, I can only remember how to say "How are you" "Good morning/evening/night" and "My name is..."

Because the kids stuffed up so much in it. Our year co-ordinator came in so many times to yell at us over the year, and it did nothing.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 24th, 2006 at 05:51pm
I feel quite sorry for some of you on here, I really do.

In comparison, my school is great. We rarely have disrupitions, behavior is sorted out quickly and if it isn't the kid gets put in an internal seclusion unnit to stop them preventing our learning.

As for bullying; it is taken so seriously here even I (and bear in mind I rarely speak to others during school time...I'm pretty much a pariah of the school) have been accused of bullying. You don't even want to think about the number of times the more...unsavoury people have been pulled up on it.
ren
Idiot
ren
March 24th, 2006 at 07:54pm
wow.. thats very impressive. like i said before i have a school of 5000+ kids so controlling them is extremely difficult. I believe my high schoool is one of the largest in the US...
Siobhan
Geek
Siobhan
March 24th, 2006 at 08:04pm
Gargh, i hate when people stuff up in class for no reason.

Our Italian teacher two years ago was new, and i felt sorry for her, cuz she had our class. This is when i was in a class with people who were jack arses.

Anyway, she cried nearly everyday in our class, and she left when the year ended. I hated seeing her cry, cuz she was actually really nice. I had to put up with people like that, and they did thing to get a reaction from the teachers and other people in the class. They did it for fun, and a laugh, and generally they got it.

I didnt do this, but others did, and still do.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 25th, 2006 at 05:34am
kingforafewdays:
wow.. thats very impressive. like i said before i have a school of 5000+ kids so controlling them is extremely difficult. I believe my high schoool is one of the largest in the US...

Ours is just below 2000 pupils.. It must be very hard to control 5000
It Had to Be You.
It Had to Be You.
March 25th, 2006 at 11:28am
I think today's education is somewhat...different from the previous years.

Don't get me wrong, I love school and everything, but it's just that the teachers are teaching the children things that cross the line. Does that make sense? Confused

Yah, I love school. Cool
ren
Idiot
ren
March 25th, 2006 at 02:06pm
Bloodraine:
kingforafewdays:

It is, we have 'security' and i use that term loosely, and are understaffed but i like to look at hte good; im able to take classes most schools wouldnt offer and there is a very diverse campus it sort of crushes the idea of cliques.

Another problem thats prevelent in many schools is the huge class sizes. I know here its like were fighting to get the attention of the teacher half the time. I dont think that any of my classes have less than like 30 people.
I Heart Bunney
I Heart Bunney
March 25th, 2006 at 02:22pm
Its gone down the pan, theres no respect anymore. Rolling Eyes
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
March 25th, 2006 at 10:28pm
Bloodraine:
kingforafewdays:

Wow, my school has around 800 students, although there are three schools in my area, two of them being public schools.
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
March 25th, 2006 at 10:56pm
Coff:
Bloodraine:
kingforafewdays:

Wow, my school has around 800 students, although there are three schools in my area, two of them being public schools.

There's only 200 kids in my school. I feel so small...where I live is really small.
Register