Any bass players out there?

AuthorMessage
dysLEXIa
King For A Couple Of Days
dysLEXIa
August 19th, 2005 at 04:41am
^ nice!! I like em!

And I was practicing again today and like...I made up my first...er....rhythem/song thing! But my sister thinks that it's already been used, or she finds it familiar. I kinda do too. We think it's a nirvana song, but we can't place it. It's kinda cool though. lol. I feel so proud. Retard
cheese_for_a_day
Falling In Love With The Board
cheese_for_a_day
August 20th, 2005 at 01:31am
Whatsername_:
^ nice!! I like em!

And I was practicing again today and like...I made up my first...er....rhythem/song thing! But my sister thinks that it's already been used, or she finds it familiar. I kinda do too. We think it's a nirvana song, but we can't place it. It's kinda cool though. lol. I feel so proud. Retard

haha cool, whats the thing you made up? ...if you dont mind typing it up...in tab form.........if you get what i mean.....Retard
dysLEXIa
dysLEXIa
August 20th, 2005 at 06:07am
cheese_for_a_day:
Whatsername_:
^ nice!! I like em!

haha cool, whats the thing you made up? ...if you dont mind typing it up...in tab form.........if you get what i mean.....Retard

hm. let's see. Nah, I don't mind. let's just see if I could do it. First try. It's all the top string, so it's pretty easy.

----------------------------------------------------
-9-99-12-1212-9-99-7-777-------------------

Then repeat that. It looks like it's 1-2-1-2, but it's actually 2 #12's. Smile So you'd just repeat it over and over and stuff. I think it's actually the verse part in the "song" or whatever and then the ending is somethign like...

---------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------
-44444444444455555555555555566666666666-5554443330---

Something like that. You can hit it as much as you want, but the 5430's stay as they are. lol. It's somethign like that. I was just expirimenting one day and Now I use it as a warmup and stuff. Start slow and go faster. Smile
dysLEXIa
dysLEXIa
August 20th, 2005 at 06:08am
Wait, did I do that right?? I'm hoping I did. I'm thinking the bottom row is the thickest string correct???? Laughing
bassdude200
Geek
bassdude200
August 20th, 2005 at 03:30pm
Heck yes i play just look at my name lol
bassdude200
Geek
bassdude200
August 20th, 2005 at 03:32pm
bassdude200:
Heck yes i play just look at my name lol
I have a red peavey forum
Dom
Jackass
Dom
August 20th, 2005 at 05:16pm
The bassist from Rancid, Matt Freeman is it?, is an amazing player.
cheese_for_a_day
cheese_for_a_day
August 21st, 2005 at 01:56am
Whatsername_:
Wait, did I do that right?? I'm hoping I did. I'm thinking the bottom row is the thickest string correct???? Laughing

haha yeah
dysLEXIa
dysLEXIa
August 21st, 2005 at 04:19am
crap. I think I typed it funny. The second tripple of 9's are together. lol. And today, my stepdad was messin around with it (which I don't mind AT ALL) and he told me that next weekend or so, we're gonna check out straps. I don't have one and he's like, "That fucker is heavy! But I have no idea how much the straps are, so that's why we'll check them out. I get pics and strings there for the guitar, but I've never really looked around". So yeah. Does anyone know how much straps usually go for?? Or do they range by alot??
Dom
Jackass
Dom
August 21st, 2005 at 05:52am
Whatsername_:
crap. I think I typed it funny. The second tripple of 9's are together. lol. And today, my stepdad was messin around with it (which I don't mind AT ALL) and he told me that next weekend or so, we're gonna check out straps. I don't have one and he's like, "That fucker is heavy! But I have no idea how much the straps are, so that's why we'll check them out. I get pics and strings there for the guitar, but I've never really looked around". So yeah. Does anyone know how much straps usually go for?? Or do they range by alot??

crappy ones that snap cost about £5, so dont bother with one of those. But decent ones e.g Levy's can be aroun £10-20, and the uber-posh ones about £40.
cheese_for_a_day
cheese_for_a_day
August 21st, 2005 at 12:46pm
Whatsername_:

i got mine for like 6 bucks on a website..haha...even though it broke, it still works fine...they're usually pretty cheap though...something around 10-20 dollars maybe for just a plain one or somethign..
dysLEXIa
dysLEXIa
August 21st, 2005 at 10:07pm
Ahh. So they're not that expensive then. For some reason, I thought they were like 60 bucks. Don't ask me why though. Thank ya. Smile
cheese_for_a_day
cheese_for_a_day
August 21st, 2005 at 10:43pm
haha......leather ones would be that much...
or around that much...
http://www.cinderblock.com/wc.dll?WebStore~RViewItem~GD~GD-BLT5~SID=05082116485260532640
^^thats a leather strap that has the heart grenade on it, and its $45
KATH!
Idiot
KATH!
August 22nd, 2005 at 09:04am
xAnarchy4theUSAx:
+PanhandlingMisery+:
I wanna drop guitar and pick up bass, but mother won't let me. She says "they're the same anyway".

why would you wanna drop guitar for bass? all bass is is an easier version of the guitar...

oh, and i play both.

Easier version than guitar? Have you heard the bassist from Mudvayne or Red Hot Chili Peppers play? O.o
~whats wrong with you?~
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
~whats wrong with you?~
August 22nd, 2005 at 08:00pm
MY sister is like the extreme bassist, so i know alot about it and i can play pretty well, but myself is a drummer.
veroTHEbassiste
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
veroTHEbassiste
August 23rd, 2005 at 10:08am
I play bass!!!

you just have to look at my name...

and i have a music man sterling...for the one who want to know it Guitar
bassdude200
Geek
bassdude200
August 23rd, 2005 at 03:32pm
Bass is really fun im playing it in my band class but the nut broke and the E sting broke so i have to get it fixed lol
bassdude200
Geek
bassdude200
August 23rd, 2005 at 03:32pm
Bass is really fun im playing it in my band class but the nut broke and the E sting broke so i have to get it fixed
bassdude200
Geek
bassdude200
August 23rd, 2005 at 03:33pm
bassdude200:
Bass is really fun im playing it in my band class but the nut broke and the E sting broke so i have to get it fixed
?????
Spirit Of '77
Spirit Of '77
August 23rd, 2005 at 11:36pm
bassdude200:
bassdude200:
?????

fix it yourself...
Register