Foo Fighters

AuthorMessage
High Fidelity
Falling In Love With The Board
High Fidelity
March 24th, 2008 at 06:44pm
Janie Jones:
Color Me Impressed:

(forgot to reply earlier) Very Happy thank you thank you. I'm liking these so far.
I can upload more later if you want, those are just the ones I like the best. Con
High Fidelity
High Fidelity
March 24th, 2008 at 06:48pm
Janie Jones:
Yeah, Green Day are way too melodic to ever be really considered punk...I mean, they sound a good bit like the Buzzcocks, who were considered punk in their time but really they were more of a pop band who played fast and loud. And there's nothing wrong with that, that's probably how a lot of the bands I like would be described Dno I have certain standards my music has to meet, but I'm trying to be more open minded about it. (it's tough sometimes though, if it sucks it sucks Laughing )

Dood, I want to do classes like that in college too Cheese
Ugh, come on, the Ramones and the Stooges were damn catchy and melodic and they STARTED punk. Even the Clash were catchy and melodic. lmfao That had nothing to do with what's punk and what isn't. Punk's about the message and attitude, not about the catchiness. Jeez, I wanna take your brother's classes. I can't wait to go to college. tehe

And Annie, there's nothing wrong with being a music snob. Con If you listened to everything, you'd be a bore.
High Fidelity
High Fidelity
March 24th, 2008 at 06:50pm
The Fool On The Hill:
Janie Jones:
Yeah, Green Day are way too melodic to ever be really considered punk...I mean, they sound a good bit like the Buzzcocks, who were considered punk in their time but really they were more of a pop band who played fast and loud. And there's nothing wrong with that, that's probably how a lot of the bands I like would be described Dno I have certain standards my music has to meet, but I'm trying to be more open minded about it. (it's tough sometimes though, if it sucks it sucks Laughing )

My brother was showing me all the music classes that were available they had one with the history of rock n roll but i think he said it didn't fit his schedule or something. tehe

Oh so I was looking at the UVM dorms yesterday online (I was bored!). They have dorms that are themed and they have one hall for musicians only and you have to apply and they have 2 practice spaces where you can practice. tehe I'm not gonna apply for that dorm cuz I'm nowhere near as musical as I give myself credit for but hopefully I'll make a friend who lives there tehe
Shocked That's fucking awesome. I want to live with people that appreciate music as much as I do. lmfao
Janie Jones
Janie Jones
March 24th, 2008 at 08:54pm
Color Me Impressed:
Janie Jones:

Ugh, come on, the Ramones and the Stooges were damn catchy and melodic and they STARTED punk. Even the Clash were catchy and melodic. lmfao That had nothing to do with what's punk and what isn't. Punk's about the message and attitude, not about the catchiness. Jeez, I wanna take your brother's classes. I can't wait to go to college. tehe

And Annie, there's nothing wrong with being a music snob. Con If you listened to everything, you'd be a bore.

This is true, and the Ramones did love the Beach Boys and all those 50s girl groups, which is pretty much as poppy as it gets. But I dunno, I still don't really think of Green Day as a punk band for whatever reason. I don't think it's the major-label-ness, seeing as the Clash were on a major label from the beginning, and you're right about the catchiness... Cheese augh, I say good music is good music, call it whatever you want.

Exactly, I don't trust people who say they listen to "everything," they obviously don't even know what they like tehe
Janie Jones
Janie Jones
March 24th, 2008 at 08:54pm
Color Me Impressed:
The Fool On The Hill:
Janie Jones:

My brother was showing me all the music classes that were available they had one with the history of rock n roll but i think he said it didn't fit his schedule or something. tehe

Oh so I was looking at the UVM dorms yesterday online (I was bored!). They have dorms that are themed and they have one hall for musicians only and you have to apply and they have 2 practice spaces where you can practice. tehe I'm not gonna apply for that dorm cuz I'm nowhere near as musical as I give myself credit for but hopefully I'll make a friend who lives there tehe
Shocked That's fucking awesome. I want to live with people that appreciate music as much as I do. lmfao

DUDE! I want to live there! And hang out playing guitar and rambling about music all day! *jealous*
The Fool On The Hill
Had A Life Before GSB
The Fool On The Hill
March 24th, 2008 at 09:22pm
Janie Jones:
Color Me Impressed:
Janie Jones:

This is true, and the Ramones did love the Beach Boys and all those 50s girl groups, which is pretty much as poppy as it gets. But I dunno, I still don't really think of Green Day as a punk band for whatever reason. I don't think it's the major-label-ness, seeing as the Clash were on a major label from the beginning, and you're right about the catchiness... Cheese augh, I say good music is good music, call it whatever you want.

Exactly, I don't trust people who say they listen to "everything," they obviously don't even know what they like tehe

Yeah I think people should just listen to what they want and not base it on the genre.. although I'm guilty by assoication.. I don't like rap and I don't listen to it and I won't listen to it.

There's just too much music out there to listen to! Although my music listenings have been pretty limited lately. I keep wanting to get more into classic rock but meh Finger
The Fool On The Hill
Had A Life Before GSB
The Fool On The Hill
March 24th, 2008 at 09:24pm
Janie Jones:
Color Me Impressed:
The Fool On The Hill:
Janie Jones:

DUDE! I want to live there! And hang out playing guitar and rambling about music all day! *jealous*

I know it almost sounds too good to be true.. but I'm scared that they'll know so much more than I do.. which is true and I'll be so overwhelmed. I'll just settle for making friends with people there. I'll walk inside and be like "Ooops.. I think I'm lost...OOOH a 1967 DOT EPIPHONE!!!"
Janie Jones
Janie Jones
March 25th, 2008 at 05:18pm
The Fool On The Hill:
Janie Jones:
Color Me Impressed:
Janie Jones:

Yeah I think people should just listen to what they want and not base it on the genre.. although I'm guilty by assoication.. I don't like rap and I don't listen to it and I won't listen to it.

There's just too much music out there to listen to! Although my music listenings have been pretty limited lately. I keep wanting to get more into classic rock but meh Finger

Yeah, I don't own any rap CDs and there are none on my to-buy list...but hey, if a rapper ever caught my attention by not being a complete jackass, I'd give him/her a try Dno

I know, it's overwhelming when you think about it Cheese I'm seriously impressed by the people who have 9000 songs on their iPod or whatever. I want to be that person someday Retard
Janie Jones
Janie Jones
March 25th, 2008 at 05:19pm
The Fool On The Hill:
Janie Jones:
Color Me Impressed:
The Fool On The Hill:
Janie Jones:

I know it almost sounds too good to be true.. but I'm scared that they'll know so much more than I do.. which is true and I'll be so overwhelmed. I'll just settle for making friends with people there. I'll walk inside and be like "Ooops.. I think I'm lost...OOOH a 1967 DOT EPIPHONE!!!"

Yeah, if they started talking about equipment and amps and stuff I'd be lost Shifty I'd be like "ermm...I PLAY THE GUITAR!" Retard
The Fool On The Hill
Had A Life Before GSB
The Fool On The Hill
March 25th, 2008 at 05:35pm
Janie Jones:
The Fool On The Hill:
Janie Jones:
Color Me Impressed:
Janie Jones:

Yeah, I don't own any rap CDs and there are none on my to-buy list...but hey, if a rapper ever caught my attention by not being a complete jackass, I'd give him/her a try Dno

I know, it's overwhelming when you think about it Cheese I'm seriously impressed by the people who have 9000 songs on their iPod or whatever. I want to be that person someday Retard

I have almost 2300 songs on my ipod.. I'm getting there!
The Fool On The Hill
Had A Life Before GSB
The Fool On The Hill
March 25th, 2008 at 05:37pm
Janie Jones:

Yeah, if they started talking about equipment and amps and stuff I'd be lost Shifty I'd be like "ermm...I PLAY THE GUITAR!" Retard

I know a little bit.. just like names and stuff from going onto the Equipment forum on the Foo board but those people are insane.. They know so much. I think it's pretty cool.

Oh I went into the little CD store today since I was in town with my friend and I bought a Supergrass CD. It's actually not bad.. and it was only like 8 bucks.. although tax was a bitch and made it over 10 bucks Grmml Little fucker. Although I hear Wal-Mart is trying to lower the prices of CDs... as much as I hate major corporations.. I think it's a good idea!
Janie Jones
Janie Jones
March 25th, 2008 at 06:16pm
The Fool On The Hill:

I only have like 1900 *feels inadequate*
The Fool On The Hill
Had A Life Before GSB
The Fool On The Hill
March 25th, 2008 at 06:16pm
Janie Jones:
The Fool On The Hill:

MWAHAHA *feels inferior*

I don't listen to a lot of them.. but I'm trying to fix that .. ugh.
Janie Jones
Janie Jones
March 25th, 2008 at 06:17pm
The Fool On The Hill:
Janie Jones:

I know a little bit.. just like names and stuff from going onto the Equipment forum on the Foo board but those people are insane.. They know so much. I think it's pretty cool.

Oh I went into the little CD store today since I was in town with my friend and I bought a Supergrass CD. It's actually not bad.. and it was only like 8 bucks.. although tax was a bitch and made it over 10 bucks Grmml Little fucker. Although I hear Wal-Mart is trying to lower the prices of CDs... as much as I hate major corporations.. I think it's a good idea!

I know, I'm always impressed by people who know a lot about that stuff but I can never get interested enough to bother to learn it myself. *fails*

Haha yeah, it's tough to disagree with lowering prices...although I'm sure there's some evil Wal-Mart twist.
Janie Jones
Janie Jones
March 25th, 2008 at 06:19pm
The Fool On The Hill:
Janie Jones:
The Fool On The Hill:

MWAHAHA *feels inferior*

that'd be SUPERIOR hon Very Happy

I know, I don't want to have a bunch of songs I never listen to. But I already do Laughing And I haven't bought a CD in a while...oh my God, I just realized the last one I bought was the Juno soundtrack. Shocked That was like 2 months ago!
The Fool On The Hill
Had A Life Before GSB
The Fool On The Hill
March 25th, 2008 at 07:22pm
Janie Jones:
The Fool On The Hill:
Janie Jones:
The Fool On The Hill:

MWAHAHA *feels inferior*

I know, I don't want to have a bunch of songs I never listen to. But I already do Laughing And I haven't bought a CD in a while...oh my God, I just realized the last one I bought was the Juno soundtrack. Shocked That was like 2 months ago!

Ugh. *smacks myself*
The Fool On The Hill
Had A Life Before GSB
The Fool On The Hill
March 25th, 2008 at 07:41pm
San Diego(3/3)
(one of the cutest pics of Chris EVER. he looks like a slightly deformed kitty cat tehe
Ok.. I don't understand how Dave can sleep like that.. WTF How does he NOT suffocate?!

Montreal (3/17)
Towelhead makes another appearence! Retard

Toronto (3/22)
D'aw Tay being the cute Rush fanboy he is Retard
High Fidelity
High Fidelity
March 25th, 2008 at 11:44pm
Janie Jones:
The Fool On The Hill:
Janie Jones:

I know, I'm always impressed by people who know a lot about that stuff but I can never get interested enough to bother to learn it myself. *fails*

Haha yeah, it's tough to disagree with lowering prices...although I'm sure there's some evil Wal-Mart twist.
I used to feel really inferior because I know so little about the technicals of music, but I dunno, I'm more into the music not the tecnicals of it, if that makes any sense. Dno I do know a good amount about music theory so I have one up on that. Up

As much as I hate Walmart, I'm really looking forward to the price drop, and I think if Walmart drops the prices, Best Buy will probably do the same. Con
High Fidelity
High Fidelity
March 25th, 2008 at 11:46pm
Janie Jones:
The Fool On The Hill:
Janie Jones:
The Fool On The Hill:

MWAHAHA *feels inferior*

I listen to way too much music for my own good. Sadly, I'm only just ahead of El: 2497. tehe I have 4812 on my iTunes though, I don't put stuff on my iPod unless I've listened to it and enjoyed it.
High Fidelity
High Fidelity
March 25th, 2008 at 11:47pm
ANNIE ANNIE ANNIE!!!! GZA

Foos add Cleveland and Grand Rapids Shows
posted on Mar 24, 2008 by Foo Fighters
July 22nd - Grand Rapids, MI - Van Andel Arena
Tickets go on sale this Friday, March 28th at 10am here

July 25th - Cleveland, OH - Quicken Loans Arena
Tickets go on sale this Saturday, March 29th at 11am here
Register