Nostradamus

AuthorMessage
robotchicken.
Falling In Love With The Board
robotchicken.

Mibba
December 28th, 2005 at 09:50pm
I was wondering your views on the acclaimed prophet. Could his writings predict wars, death of popes, natural disasters?
Lock if this had been made or anything else.....
Mike's Demonic Daunter
Mike's Demonic Daunter
December 28th, 2005 at 10:26pm
i dont think i've read anything by him Confused
stilinski
King For A Couple Of Days
stilinski

Blog
December 28th, 2005 at 10:35pm
my dad has a book of Nostradamus, but i haven't really got around reading it XD

it's seems long...but i like to think he DID predict events...but i think he said that there would be the end of the world after an 'x'th pope was erected...and that it would be this one or the next one or something...i don't know...but it'd be kinda creepy if it did, right?...

anyways
Faith
Addict
Faith
December 28th, 2005 at 10:42pm
His predictions do work, but you have to internprit them correctly...So, usually we only figure it out after it's already happened...
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
December 28th, 2005 at 10:52pm
Longtime, Sunshine.:
my dad has a book of Nostradamus, but i haven't really got around reading it XD

it's seems long...but i like to think he DID predict events...but i think he said that there would be the end of the world after an 'x'th pope was erected...and that it would be this one or the next one or something...i don't know...but it'd be kinda creepy if it did, right?...

anyways
thats just scarry O_O There was a program on him yesterday, said about him predicting all the wars that happened already. e_e
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 28th, 2005 at 11:06pm
I'm not sure if it's the same guy, but I remember being sent something after 9/11 that somebody had written about how 'twin brothers would fall' and it basically metaphorically described 9/11. It may have also said something about the date being 9-1-1.
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
December 28th, 2005 at 11:10pm
ExtraodinaryGirl:
I'm not sure if it's the same guy, but I remember being sent something after 9/11 that somebody had written about how 'twin brothers would fall' and it basically metaphorically described 9/11. It may have also said something about the date being 9-1-1.
yeah same guy. I also read something like that, where the buildings of "the new city" would fall.
Faith
Addict
Faith
December 29th, 2005 at 01:06am
ExtraodinaryGirl:

He also said the war would start after this. And there's something about WW III starting about...now...
Kira
Jackass
Kira
December 29th, 2005 at 01:18am
I don't know if it was that guy, but a "Renowned Psychic" said that in 2015, beings from another world will arrive with the technology to help us survive "doomsday."

Shocked

Yeah.
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
December 29th, 2005 at 01:22am
Kira from Urban Bohemia:
I don't know if it was that guy, but a "Renowned Psychic" said that in 2015, beings from another world will arrive with the technology to help us survive "doomsday."

Shocked

Yeah.
okaaaayy. I dont think Ive heard of that one, but I wouldnt doubt it. o_o
Aliens wanna help us. Thats nice, i guess.
Kira
Jackass
Kira
December 29th, 2005 at 01:26am
Sheepo@_@:
Kira from Urban Bohemia:

Shocked

Yeah.
okaaaayy. I dont think Ive heard of that one, but I wouldnt doubt it. o_o
Aliens wanna help us. Thats nice, i guess.

Yes, I'll say, at least it's a bit more positive than War of the Worlds.
Kitti
Kitti
December 29th, 2005 at 10:58am
Kira from Urban Bohemia:

Shocked

Yeah.

we dont deserve surviving the "apocolypse."
"aliens" aren't gonna help us 'cause we're stupid fuckers.
and psychics are full of shit. say something vague enough and you'll always be right.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 29th, 2005 at 11:00am
The cynic in me tells me this is bullshit. I don't think any earthly being has the power to predict the future. Anyone can take an educated guess and people can interpret it as right.
Just like as if
Jackass
Just like as if
December 29th, 2005 at 11:17am
He's extremely interesting, I've read some article about him ages ago. He's been right quite many times.

We can't know what can be seen and what can not, the cynic ones just believe what they've learned by experience only. Quite narrow-minded, since it doesn't matter wheter these predictions are true or not.
Kitti
Kitti
December 29th, 2005 at 11:34am
Just like as if:
He's extremely interesting, I've read some article about him ages ago. He's been right quite many times.

We can't know what can be seen and what can not, the cynic ones just believe what they've learned by experience only. Quite narrow-minded, since it doesn't matter wheter these predictions are true or not.

Vagueness does not equate truth. Prophets and psychics tend to speak in what can be interpreted as metaphors for a reason. If you make a vague enough statement, you'll inevitably be right. It creates a sense of credibility. On that same note, it's also self-fulfilling prophecy. The idea that this thing is embedded in your psyche and you make interpret events in a way that makes it seem true.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 29th, 2005 at 11:36am
Just like as if:

Evidently it does if he's predicting the apocolypse. Pretty damn important, wouldn't you say?. I call that something that matters. Narrow minded?. Now, generalising people on the basis of one post, I call that narrow minded. I'm cynical for a reason, and a very good reason at that. I'd rather live my life blindly than spend a good portion of it interpreting the 'Future' and making plans on this fragile knowledge that could well be wrong.

And even if I do 'believe what i've learned by experience only' (Which I don't quite understand what you're getting at there...) at least i'm believing in something I know is real.
Kitti
Kitti
December 29th, 2005 at 11:46am
Bloodraine:
Just like as if:

Evidently it does if he's predicting the apocolypse. Pretty damn important, wouldn't you say?. I call that something that matters. Narrow minded?. Now, generalising people on the basis of one post, I call that narrow minded. I'm cynical for a reason, and a very good reason at that. I'd rather live my life blindly than spend a good portion of it interpreting the 'Future' and making plans on this fragile knowledge that could well be wrong.

And even if I do 'believe what i've learned by experience only' (Which I don't quite understand what you're getting at there...) at least i'm believing in something I know is real.
How can it NOT matter if the predictions are true or not?! Isn't the whole...prophet thing based on being right when you make a prediction?

And Bloodraine, I wouldn't say that cynicism means living blindly. More like not living blindly, since cynicism and skepticism are very much interrelated.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 29th, 2005 at 11:53am
paradoxical:
Bloodraine:
Just like as if:

How can it NOT matter if the predictions are true or not?! Isn't the whole...prophet thing based on being right when you make a prediction?

And Bloodraine, I wouldn't say that cynicism means living blindly. More like not living blindly, since cynicism and skepticism are very much interrelated.

Perhaps I would rephrase that. I meant I would rather live my life 'blindly' (meaning without the guidance of psychics, and only stick to what I know) than live putting a heavy amount of faith in something which could well be untrue. I think this is one such case where there is a good reason to be had in being skeptical or cyincal.
Kitti
Kitti
December 29th, 2005 at 11:58am
Bloodraine:
paradoxical:
Bloodraine:
Just like as if:

Perhaps I would rephrase that. I meant I would rather live my life 'blindly' (meaning without the guidance of psychics, and only stick to what I know) than live putting a heavy amount of faith in something which could well be untrue. I think this is one such case where there is a good reason to be had in being skeptical or cyincal.

I know...but really, is it more blind to put a great deal of faith in some psychic, or to analyzle the world around you and make inferences based on experience and observation? That's kind of what I was getting at... Maybe I should've said that...Rolling Eyes
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 29th, 2005 at 12:01pm
paradoxical:

I know...but really, is it more blind to put a great deal of faith in some psychic, or to analyzle the world around you and make inferences based on experience and observation? That's kind of what I was getting at... Maybe I should've said that...Rolling Eyes

Good question. I think you are right in that respect. Putting a lot of faith in something as questionable as this is a very unwise thing to do. Of course, I might regret saying that when aliens fall from the sky to herald the end of the world as we know it Confused .
Register