my friend likes that song

[/randomness]
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
May 1st, 2006 at 06:27pm
TwistedTransistor:
I am more into them in the musical way.
I fully support and love what they're doing with Axis of Justice and whatnot, but I'm just not a really a political person.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
May 1st, 2006 at 08:30pm
i didnt know they had a Boom! video! i love that song! i just saw it, it rocked

im so slow
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
May 1st, 2006 at 09:15pm
im obsessed with sugar
Robin Sparkles
This Board Is My Home
Robin Sparkles

Mibba Blog
May 3rd, 2006 at 08:16am
I like them.

Highway Song's a favorite Very Happy
Amy.
Falling In Love With The Board
Amy.
May 3rd, 2006 at 07:15pm
I think they're really good Very Happy
But but buuuuuut...
Is Hypnotize as good as Mezmerize? I just haven't got around to getting it yet baecause all the reviews I read said it was pants in comparison Confused
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
May 3rd, 2006 at 07:47pm
PunkPixie:
But but buuuuuut...
Is Hypnotize as good as Mezmerize? I just haven't got around to getting it yet baecause all the reviews I read said it was pants in comparison Confused
no, Mezmerize owns more. its my favorite album. i havent listened to it in a while
rolypoly_punk
Idiot
rolypoly_punk
May 3rd, 2006 at 07:49pm
they are quite shaweet! i like uhhhh....hypnotize mucho
Amy.
Amy.
May 3rd, 2006 at 07:50pm
Kombucha Mushroom People:
PunkPixie:
But but buuuuuut...
no, Mezmerize owns more. its my favorite album. i havent listened to it in a while

mmmkay
I'll just get it off limewire instead
billie_joe_is_a_hotti
Geek
billie_joe_is_a_hotti
May 3rd, 2006 at 07:53pm
system of a down rocks
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
May 3rd, 2006 at 07:54pm
PunkPixie:
PunkPixie:
But but buuuuuut...

mmmkay
yeah its really alot better than hypnotize.

you should try some toxcicity. thats an excellent album
but you dont have to now.
Amy.
Amy.
May 3rd, 2006 at 07:59pm
PunkPixie:
PunkPixie:
But but buuuuuut...

mmmkay

Got Toxicity aaaaaaages ago Cool
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
May 3rd, 2006 at 09:13pm
PunkPixie:
PunkPixie:
PunkPixie:
But but buuuuuut...

mmmkay

Got Toxicity aaaaaaages ago Cool
oh oops iforgot about whatyou said in yourfirst post Retard
Troubled_Times
King For A Couple Of Days
Troubled_Times
May 3rd, 2006 at 09:14pm
they are a really good band to dance too

oh yeh
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
May 3rd, 2006 at 09:58pm
Lips of Deceit:
they are a really good band to dance too

oh yeh
i always jump around to their music. its fun Retard
~tre's_lost_nut~
King For A Couple Of Days
~tre's_lost_nut~
May 4th, 2006 at 10:13am
SYSTEM ARE ON HIATUS!! O_O

*steals from other message board*

System Of A Down Aren't Breaking Up — They're Going On Hiatus
Guitarist Daron Malakian says bandmembers need a break.

by Chris Harris

System of a Down are not breaking up. But if you'd like to catch them live, you may want to consider buying an Ozzfest ticket.

There have been plenty of rumors suggesting that the band's headlining stint on this summer's Ozzfest would be the last time frontman Serj Tankian, guitarist Daron Malakian, bassist Shavo Odadjian and drummer John Dolmayan would be appearing onstage together under the System banner. But Malakian said that's just not true.

"I'll always be a member of System of a Down," he said. "That will never change. There's no rule that says you have to make records constantly, like clockwork, to continue being who you are. We want to live our lives, [because being in a band] really consumes a big part of your life, and sometimes you just want to stop and slow down. We started being just these guys in a band, and the next thing you know, everyone's asking for autographs. It plays with your head."

So, Malakian said, after this summer's Ozzfest — which will kick off in Seattle on June 29 and wrap up August 13 in West Palm Beach, Florida (see "System Of A Down, Disturbed To Headline Ozzfest"Wink — System of a Down will go on "hiatus."

"We're not breaking up," Malakian insisted. "If that was the case, we wouldn't be doing this Ozzfest, because we're a little nervous" about trying to fill Ozzy Osbourne's shoes. Ozzy will be headlining just 10 of this year's Ozzfest dates, with System topping the bill on Ozzy's off days. "We're going to take a very long break after Ozzfest and do our own things," he added. "We've done System for over 10 years, and I think it's healthy for us to get away from it for a while and come back to it later on. So, this is probably going to be ... well, it's not a farewell tour, but it's going to be a little while before we go out again."

Malakian said he couldn't guess just how long System's hiatus will be, other than to say a few years. System of a Down have generally held recording sessions every three years since their self-titled debut in 1998, although the release of the material has been staggered: 2001's Toxicity was followed in 2002 by the outtakes collection Steal This Album!, and in 2005 the band issued the two halves of its double album, Hypnotize/ Mezmerize, five months apart. This fall, Malakian said he'll start work on his next project, Scars on Broadway, a band he's still assembling. He's also in talks to score a feature film, but hasn't inked a deal just yet.

And the rest of the band has other interests, too. Tankian runs his own record label, Serjical Strike, and Odadjian has been talking with members of the Wu-Tang Clan about working together on a project (see "System Of A Tang? Shavo Collaborates With RZA, GZA"Wink.

"I have a few things lined up that I want to do," Malakian explained. "For me, personally, I've written all the System records from day one, so it's kind of healthy for me to go off and do a few other things and then come back to it, as it is for the rest of the band. Some people would call it a breakup, but we don't really call it that. You know, even U2 took a little time off, and then they came back with a new sound. We're not trying to follow anyone — that's just an example of a band that kind of took a little break and then came back.

"People get very focused on the band and away from the art," he continued. "The art, in my opinion, is the most important part of the whole thing — whether it's called System of a Down or Scars on Broadway or whatever. It's the songs and the art that's the most important thing, and for me, creatively, I kind of want to go somewhere else at the moment. We're not making any plans. For 10 years, it's been make a record, plan on making the next record, plan on the next tour, plan on this, plan on that. There have always been plans around System. Our lives have been planned around System. We want to go live our lives a bit. We feel this is healthy for the longevity of System."

This report is from MTV News.

http://www.vh1.com/artists/news/1530066/05032006/system_of_a_down.jhtml

Obviously I'm not happy, but if they need this then they gotta do what they gotta do.
I just hope that when they're ready they're gonna come back better than ever and tour england and rock my fucking socks off! Cool
MakeToastNotWar
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
MakeToastNotWar
May 4th, 2006 at 12:04pm
Noooooo!! i shall not see my Serj for years ;-;
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
May 4th, 2006 at 08:54pm
~tre's_lost_nut~:
SYSTEM ARE ON HIATUS!! O_O

*steals from other message board*

System Of A Down Aren't Breaking Up — They're Going On Hiatus
Guitarist Daron Malakian says bandmembers need a break.

by Chris Harris

System of a Down are not breaking up. But if you'd like to catch them live, you may want to consider buying an Ozzfest ticket.

There have been plenty of rumors suggesting that the band's headlining stint on this summer's Ozzfest would be the last time frontman Serj Tankian, guitarist Daron Malakian, bassist Shavo Odadjian and drummer John Dolmayan would be appearing onstage together under the System banner. But Malakian said that's just not true.

"I'll always be a member of System of a Down," he said. "That will never change. There's no rule that says you have to make records constantly, like clockwork, to continue being who you are. We want to live our lives, [because being in a band] really consumes a big part of your life, and sometimes you just want to stop and slow down. We started being just these guys in a band, and the next thing you know, everyone's asking for autographs. It plays with your head."

So, Malakian said, after this summer's Ozzfest — which will kick off in Seattle on June 29 and wrap up August 13 in West Palm Beach, Florida (see "System Of A Down, Disturbed To Headline Ozzfest"Wink — System of a Down will go on "hiatus."

"We're not breaking up," Malakian insisted. "If that was the case, we wouldn't be doing this Ozzfest, because we're a little nervous" about trying to fill Ozzy Osbourne's shoes. Ozzy will be headlining just 10 of this year's Ozzfest dates, with System topping the bill on Ozzy's off days. "We're going to take a very long break after Ozzfest and do our own things," he added. "We've done System for over 10 years, and I think it's healthy for us to get away from it for a while and come back to it later on. So, this is probably going to be ... well, it's not a farewell tour, but it's going to be a little while before we go out again."

Malakian said he couldn't guess just how long System's hiatus will be, other than to say a few years. System of a Down have generally held recording sessions every three years since their self-titled debut in 1998, although the release of the material has been staggered: 2001's Toxicity was followed in 2002 by the outtakes collection Steal This Album!, and in 2005 the band issued the two halves of its double album, Hypnotize/ Mezmerize, five months apart. This fall, Malakian said he'll start work on his next project, Scars on Broadway, a band he's still assembling. He's also in talks to score a feature film, but hasn't inked a deal just yet.

And the rest of the band has other interests, too. Tankian runs his own record label, Serjical Strike, and Odadjian has been talking with members of the Wu-Tang Clan about working together on a project (see "System Of A Tang? Shavo Collaborates With RZA, GZA"Wink.

"I have a few things lined up that I want to do," Malakian explained. "For me, personally, I've written all the System records from day one, so it's kind of healthy for me to go off and do a few other things and then come back to it, as it is for the rest of the band. Some people would call it a breakup, but we don't really call it that. You know, even U2 took a little time off, and then they came back with a new sound. We're not trying to follow anyone — that's just an example of a band that kind of took a little break and then came back.

"People get very focused on the band and away from the art," he continued. "The art, in my opinion, is the most important part of the whole thing — whether it's called System of a Down or Scars on Broadway or whatever. It's the songs and the art that's the most important thing, and for me, creatively, I kind of want to go somewhere else at the moment. We're not making any plans. For 10 years, it's been make a record, plan on making the next record, plan on the next tour, plan on this, plan on that. There have always been plans around System. Our lives have been planned around System. We want to go live our lives a bit. We feel this is healthy for the longevity of System."

This report is from MTV News.

http://www.vh1.com/artists/news/1530066/05032006/system_of_a_down.jhtml

Obviously I'm not happy, but if they need this then they gotta do what they gotta do.
I just hope that when they're ready they're gonna come back better than ever and tour england and rock my fucking socks off! Cool
i know i read that... i guess i could go to their soncert, ill jusy have to bring pepper spray with me XD
this sucks, i love their music, and i just started being a fan, i dont wanna wait a while for new material well....its what they gotta do.
Register