SPORTS: Hockey

AuthorMessage
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
June 13th, 2009 at 06:25pm
I was freaked out the whole series, and then game 5 was just frustrating. But it's awesome that they were able to win this year.

Teehee at Hossa. tehe
Janie Jones
Falling In Love With The Board
Janie Jones
June 17th, 2009 at 06:21pm
Being in Pittsburgh the last five days has been pretty fucking glorious Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
June 18th, 2009 at 06:58pm
The parade was pretty great.

I got a high five from Ziggy. Iceburgh skipped me Molly so did talbot. Molly
Janie Jones
Janie Jones
June 19th, 2009 at 10:41am
Dean.:

Aw Molly I got a high five from Orpik! But most everybody skipped me because the media was all perched in front of where I was standing and they didn't want to go through them, bah.
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
June 19th, 2009 at 01:09pm
Janie Jones:
Dean.:

Aw Molly I got a high five from Orpik! But most everybody skipped me because the media was all perched in front of where I was standing and they didn't want to go through them, bah.
aw. Molly

I'm still amazed I got in the first row. though in the end I let two 7 or 8 year olds in front of me so they could see the Cup.

I didnt see Gonchar at all.
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
June 19th, 2009 at 10:37pm
That's awesome! I didn't go, because my brother was out of town and nobody else wanted to go to the parade with me, bums. So I watched it on tv. Sad But it looked amazing, there was a shitload of people there.

The guy who is Iceburgh is the Pirate Parrot to, he's a really nice guy.
Janie Jones
Janie Jones
June 19th, 2009 at 10:49pm
I was technically in the second row, but I basically climbed on the back of the kid in front of me when the parade actually came by XD he was cool about it. It was tough getting up to the front, though - I got there way early and still almost got pushed out.

I didn't see Gonchar either. In the pictures I saw later he was on the back of Malkin's car, though, haha. I guess nobody noticed him.
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
June 20th, 2009 at 08:54am
I got there at quarter to 11. some college kids moved so I ran to the front.

That sucks you couldnt go Fizz.
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
June 23rd, 2009 at 08:39pm
I got the special all-Pens issue of Sports Illustrated.

I havent finished reading it yet, but the pictures are really great.

I wish Malkin or Fleury was on the cover though.
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
June 25th, 2009 at 11:06pm
I got both issues the other day, but I haven't read them yet. They should've done alternate covers, for the all Pens issue.
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
July 2nd, 2009 at 11:25pm
i cant believe we didnt resign Sucderi =\

edit:roflz @ Hossa leaving the wings.
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
July 5th, 2009 at 01:19am
He's going to the Kings, and he's not all that awesome without the Pens according to me. I thought it was a typo when I heard the Blackhawks signed Hossa for 12 years. And Conklin going to the Blues, maybe he'll get to be a starter there (since I have no clue who their goalie is now). No more Gill either.

I think the Blackhawks are going to be a pretty strong team this year though.
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
May 7th, 2010 at 12:02am
Playoffs?
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
May 29th, 2010 at 01:46am
I'm rooting for the Flyers for the first time ever. Only because I want Hossa to lose three years in a row, for great lulz
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
May 29th, 2010 at 10:50am
Yeah I hate both teams, so I'm going to be somehow pissed either way. I'd kind of like that to because if Hossa can be a jinx for 3 years straight I think that'd be hilarious.
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
May 29th, 2010 at 04:09pm
If he loses again, he'll probably retire. Though atleast it wouldnt be against the team he left.

So, Winter Classic y/n?
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
May 29th, 2010 at 05:24pm
Nah, I think he'd stay around even if he lost again, I think he got a huge contract with the Blackhawks. Then he'd be a rich loser.

I'm pretty excited about the Winter Classic being in Pittsburgh, and I really want to go. I'm surprised that they let the Penguins play in another one though, I thought the NHL might try and run through more teams before having a repeat. I wonder what kind of jerseys they're going to use though, because they want to do new ones for this year. They should play in late 80's early 90's jerseys, and Washington can wear their ugly ones from the same era to.
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
May 29th, 2010 at 07:48pm
I'm going to try to get tickets. I hope they wont be too expensive. And that it wont be -15 that day. I'm nervous about going though, since its against the Caps.

I like the 90s jerseys. I think I'm the only one that liked the old logo that "looked likea pidgeon" I have a hat with that logo.

So what do you think about tearing down the Igloo/starting at the Consol Energy Center
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
May 29th, 2010 at 08:20pm
I hope can afford tickets of some kind to, that are not at the very very top. It would really suck if Pittsburgh decided to get colder than usual for that game, but I'd still like to go. Yeah, I don't really like that it's against the Capitals either, but hopefully it'll be a good game.

I actually liked the pigeonheaded logo to. I had the black jersey with the 3 fading stripes and wore it up until a couple of years ago, my brother asked me to stop wearing it to the games with him haha. But the current Penguin is classic, and I like that they brought it back. The other logo was way easier to draw though.

I'm kind of sad about it, I thought about it and I've spent a huge chunk of my life there. This year I was able to go to the opener and the last regular season game. I don't think that they should tear it down, I think the Heinz History Center should move in there and make some kind of super cool museum. I don't know how logical that is, but it makes perfect sense to me. I want to own one of those disgusting orange seats. Consol Energy Center looks pretty cool though, I walked by it a lot while they were building it because my school's down the street. I want to try and get opening night tickets. How about you?
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
May 29th, 2010 at 08:33pm
I like pretty much all the logos. I really love the blue throwback jersey. I want one. Duper probs.

I dont think they should tear it down either. Theres no where for people on the hill to work, why not make it into a mall or something. It could be pretty upscale. I cant imagine just tearing it down for a parking lot or hotel. I never thought of them moving the Heinz History Center there, but thats a pretty good idea. A friend of mine had the idea that they could put the mall in the arena,but take a wedge out and build the hotel into the wedge.

I'd love to go to opening night. I went to one of the last games this season, against Atlanta on April 3rd. pretty epic. I went to most of the games at the screen outdoors. I heard they might make that a permanent fixture at Consol. That'd be great
Register