SPORTS: Hockey

AuthorMessage
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
May 29th, 2010 at 10:21pm
There's like a million people with the blue ones at the games, I think they outnumber all of the other colored jerseys. I want a black Malkin jersey, I just haven't gotten around to buying it yet.

If they made it a mall/hotel I think that'd be pretty sweet. Because a lot of the stores downtown suck. But it's such a unique building I really hope that they don't tear it down.

That's cool, I've never been to any of the outdoor games. Yeah, I heard that they were moving the screen and making it permanent at the Consol Energy Center. Did you heard about the RC Cola? I can't believe they did that.
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
May 29th, 2010 at 10:42pm
I dont have any jerseys, just a couple shirts. Fleury in every color, and a Talbot in black.

I think they're going to tear it down to be honest. It'll be really sad when they do. I've signed pretty much every petition about it, but they seem to have their minds made up.

The outdoor games are great, but you have to get there atleast 2-3 hours early to see.

no I didnt hear about RC Cola? do tell?
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
May 29th, 2010 at 11:03pm
Most of mine are blank, but I've got a Lemieux jersey. I've got a Malkin and Fleury jersey shirt, both of mine are black.

They probably will, because they want to put in roads, that connect something to something (I can't remember what right now). But that's probably my favorite building in the city.

The new arena won't have Coke or Pepsi products, they will sell RC Cola. They picked that brand because the Penguins get to keep 100% of the profits, instead of just a portion. But that stuff is awful, so I will be smuggling a Coke in somehow. I thought it was a joke when I first heard about it, but then it was on the news.
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
May 29th, 2010 at 11:12pm
I want a jersey badly. Talbot black or white, Dupuis blue. Way out of my budget though, even the childrens size.

Its one of my favorite buildings too. I think its most peoples. Too many great memories to tear it down. Its in great shape for its age too.

RC Cola. Ew.

I'm really hoping to get a job at the Consol, they said theres going to be like 300 job openings and I need one bad. My cousins husband works at the Mellon Arena, hopefully that can give me an in
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
May 29th, 2010 at 11:44pm
The fake ones from China or Japan are actually pretty nice. I think you can get them for like $50 on ebay.

I'll go watch if they do tear it down/blow it up. I went when they imploded Three Rivers, even though I really didn't care about that place. I heard they want to try and open the roof, and they're trying to book a final concert.

I know, it's not even close to being a relevant brand. I hope it fails miserably.

That'd be cool if you could work there, hopefully your connections will help. Everytime I checked for a job at Mellon Arena it was always for either a janitor, or green vest wearing usher.
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
May 30th, 2010 at 12:23am
I plan to go if they tear it down too. It'll be so depressing though. I wonder how the players feel about it.

How do you think the lineup will change for next year?
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
May 30th, 2010 at 04:46pm
Yeah, I wonder to. Because that's where a bunch of them have spent their whole career. I'll be sad to see it go, because I've seen a lot of great hockey games there, and done a lot of other cool things there to.

I don't know yet, I'm not really sure whose contracts are supposed to end this year and stuff like that. I think we're definitely getting rid of Fedotenko, and maybe Gonchar. Because I heard he's probably going to want more money, but he's old and that so we'll see. I want an awesome backup goalie.
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
May 30th, 2010 at 05:24pm
I know Fleury said he was uncomfortable moving to a new arena. I'm sure the rest are pretty upset too.

Pretty much the whole d-line's contracts are up. I think we're going to get rid of Fedo too. I'd like to see Gonchar stay. I think Johnson s a pretty good backup. we signed him for 2 more years.
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
May 30th, 2010 at 06:20pm
I like Gonchar to, he's still good. Johnson is a pretty good backup, especially compared to some of the more recent ones we've had. Except for Conklin, he's probably my favorite. I don't know about hte 4th line, I guess it depends on who else is available.
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
May 30th, 2010 at 07:01pm
I'd like to see Billy Guerin stick around too. Hes old, but I dont think he plays old, I was suspicious if this was his last season since his back was bothering his a lot.

I'm curious about all the Malkin trade rumors
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
May 30th, 2010 at 10:31pm
Me to, he's old but he works well on his line.

I think it'd be dumb to trade Malkin. There'd be a void without him. Like last year everybody wanted to trade Staal, because he wasn't like scoring tons of goals. But he had a good season this year, and he's a good center.
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
May 30th, 2010 at 11:08pm
greenday6:
Me to, he's old but he works well on his line.

I think it'd be dumb to trade Malkin. There'd be a void without him. Like last year everybody wanted to trade Staal, because he wasn't like scoring tons of goals. But he had a good season this year, and he's a good center.
I'm pretty sure Billy wants to finish his career here, I know he took a pretty decen pay cut last year to stay, he'd probably be willing to again. Hes worth it, he gets a good ammount of goals

Just cause Malkin had a bad season doesnt mean we should trade him. Hes been great every other year. Someone on one of the sunday night sport shows said we should trade him for Ovechkin. I'd hate that.
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
May 31st, 2010 at 12:26am
I don't think he wants to be like Recchi, and keep getting traded just so he can drag on his career. But Recchi's actually still playing well with Boston. Didn't we sign Guerin to a 2 year contract last year? He can still play, and he doesn't take any shit either, so it's not like we're just keeping him around because he's a veteran player.

No way, I hate when people get all 'lets trade him' whenever a player's in a slump, or has a not quite as awesome as it could've been season. That's retarded, I don't want Ovechkin, he's a good player and everything but how could we afford both him and Crosby, and still put together a good team around them? I think it'd be impossible. Besides the Capitals and their weird coach love him too much.
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
May 31st, 2010 at 01:10am
No, we only signed him to one year, general opinion is he he'll be traded because hes "too old". Thats bull, he still plays and fights like a younger player. Isnt Recchi like 45?

I'd hate to have Ovie on our team. Aside from being too expensive, he seems obnoxious.
St. Dude
St. Dude
May 31st, 2010 at 09:55am
the Cincinnati Cyclones won the Kelly Cup again. 2 of them in the past 3 years. yayy ^_^
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
May 31st, 2010 at 11:43pm
Oh, okay I wasn't sure. If we were just keeping him around as a namesake or something, I'd say he should retire. So hopefully he can stay around another season. I googled him, Recchi's 42, Guerin's 39.

He does, I think he fits well where he is. He acts like it's the only goal he's ever scored in his life, every time he scores which gets old fast.

Hossa scored the game winning goal. Cheese
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
June 1st, 2010 at 01:20am
I knew Guerin was 39. Wasnt sure about Recchi though. Isnt Jarkko Ruutu getting up there too? I think Billy could put in another year or two.

Yeah. I hate how he jumps into the glass. When he scores 40-60 goals in a season its a bit much.

Boo Hossa. Flyers need to have an epic comeback and destroy Hossa's hopes of ever winning.
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
June 1st, 2010 at 04:33pm
I couldn't remember how old Guerin was. Ruutu's about 35. Then there's Chris Chelios, who doesn't seem to know when to quit.

But they eat that up in Washington. If he hadn't been suspended for being a dirty player, he would've probably had the most points this season.

I know, I want to see him pout on the ice again, along with Kane and Toews (whose pronunciation makes no sense).
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
June 1st, 2010 at 05:46pm
I thought Ruutu was kinda getting older. Chelios is like ancient.

I dont understand how Washington fans can bitch about Sid being a puck hog when Ovie tried to play the entire series against the Habs himself

Toews pronunciation makes me rage. I refuse to call him "Taves". I call him Toes. Like it looks.
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
June 1st, 2010 at 06:27pm
I know, if I was him I would've retired after he won the cup with the Red Wings. Go out on top. But last I heard, he was playing for a farm team somewhere, hoping to get called up by the Thrashers.

I know, Ovechkin's a puck whore. He takes such a ridiculous amount of shots. But Halak was amazing, I really missed Carey Price when the Penguins played the Canadiens.

I usually refer to him as that guy from the Blackhawks, and people know who I'm talking about.
Register