Bittersweet World

Blog
August 14th, 2007 at 01:58am
Santi! Queercore:
I think she said that the real Jeanae is a bitch
I'm not sure about that though
Cause she seems pretty nice when she's on the boards
And my friend is friends with her.

Chris says overwise. That she is basically a complusive liar.
swoon-
Post Whore
swoon-

Mibba
August 14th, 2007 at 03:21am
Grenade Jumper:
Santi! Queercore:
I think she said that the real Jeanae is a bitch
I'm not sure about that though
Cause she seems pretty nice when she's on the boards
And my friend is friends with her.

Chris says overwise. That she is basically a complusive liar.
Well maybe.

I don't know
I don't judge people unless I've talked to them
swoon-
Post Whore
swoon-

Mibba
August 15th, 2007 at 05:26pm
PETE IN KERRANG

xxBenzinxx:
Fall Out Boy bassist Pete Wentz has revealed to Kerrang! that the band feared for their lives during a recent trip to Africa to raise awareness for Invisible Children, a charity set up to provide health care, safety, education and employment for the people of Northern Uganda affected by its 20 year war.

“There was one moment when I really feared for our life,” says Wentz. “We were riding motorcycles and these local guys used barricades to lock us in this little patch of ground. They saw that we were American and thought that we should give them money for being on their ground. When they locked us in, I actually thought, ‘We’re going to die, right now’. Luckily, we had our guide Kenny to bail us out and pay them off but that was really, really terrifying, living through something like that.

“It probably doesn’t seem much in retrospect but at the time when we were going through it, it was a real ‘Hotel Rwanda’ moment,” he adds. “The whole experience brought our band closer together and that’s a great thing.”

We caught up with Wentz after the band returned to the US and got the lowdown on their life-changing trip and how their experiences have put the pressures of stardom into perspective.

HOW DID THIS WHOLE TRIP COME ABOUT?
In April, we took part in this thing called ‘Displace Me’ in Southern California. I think there were 67,000 people taking part in 15 cities across the country, where we had to sleep in a box and have nothing to eat but crackers and a bottle of water. It makes American kids empathise with what’s going on in the rest of the world. It’s a great idea and it made us want to go out and experience what is actually going on in the world first-hand, so that’s what we did by going out to Africa.

HOW LONG DID YOU STAY THERE FOR?
We were in Uganda for four of five days [July 13 to 18] and in south Africa for three days [July 18 to 21]. We played a show at the Coca-Cola Done in Johannesburg. It was fun.

DID YOU EXPERIENCE A LOT OF WHAT LIFE IS LIKE OUT THERE?
We experienced it so much. We met a lot of children and listened to a lot of their stories. There’s a lot of child abduction in Uganda, where they’re taken from their home and turned into child soldiers. They told us about how education is their only way out and how no kind of work is really sustainable. It sounds bad enough but when you’re being told this from someone who’s personally experienced that kind of thing, that’s when it becomes really shocking and sad.

WERE THERE MANY THINGS THAT WERE ALIEN TO YOU?
Yeah. You can’t help but be immersed in the culture and it seemed quite normal after a few days. When things like losing electricity at midnight and having to sleep under a mosquito net felt normal really quickly. If things don’t go your way, like a taxi drops you off at the wrong point or something like that, all they’ll do is laugh and say ‘This is Africa!’...

WHAT WAS THE SADDEST THING THAT YOU SAW?
The way children are treated at times was terrible. We saw kids strapped to other kids’ backs, like a six year old was having to carry a one year old as they were walking along. That’s hard labour for a small kid to be doing!

DID YOU DOCUMENT ANYTHING OR SHOOT ANY FOOTAGE OUT THERE?
We shot a video for the song ‘I’m Like A Lawyer With The Way I’m Always Trying To Get You Off (Me And You)’ and we ended up shooting another video which I don’t want to talk about too much. I want people to be surprised when they see it but that video in particular, because it turned out a lot scarier than we ever expected it to. It’s something that people might not be able to comprehend or digest as easily as a lot of what we do.

WHAT DID YOU LEARN FROM YOUR TRIP?
It made my own problems seem very small. If I’m being chased by paparazzi or bitching about something on my blog online, that’s such a small and trivial problem compared to the sort of thing that these people are having to go through. Before I went there I had been drained of any sense of real life. I wasn’t living life like a normal person and that was becoming very boring to me and, once I’d experienced what was going on there and while we were a part of that, I feel like it gave me purpose and direction in my life again.

SO IT REALLY WAS A LIFE CHANGING EXPERIENCE, THEN?
It was one of the most life changing experiences I’ve ever gone though. It makes you realise what you have. I know that sounds cliched but it does. When a child out there can smile and not know if they’re going to eat that evening or if they are going to live though the week or a parent has to worry about their child being taken from them, then it puts your own life into some sort of perspective and you realise a lot of things. It doesn’t matter if my band puts out another record or if someone is talking shit about me on a website or anything like that at all. At the end of the day, I have a lot of things to be thankful for “ we all do “ and a trip of that nature makes you very aware of that. Doing something like that was an adventure in the truest sense of the word.

Benz typed it out
I just copy and pasted.
swoon-
Post Whore
swoon-

Mibba
August 15th, 2007 at 05:28pm
oh and if you're a boardie, join the LLT boards :3
swoon-
Post Whore
swoon-

Mibba
August 15th, 2007 at 06:47pm
abc25
King For A Couple Of Days
abc25
August 15th, 2007 at 07:10pm
omfg have i missed anything while i was gone?
swoon-
Post Whore
swoon-

Mibba
August 15th, 2007 at 07:55pm
Boys Like Blaine:
omfg have i missed anything while i was gone?
you were gone two days..
what would you have missed omg
abc25
abc25
August 15th, 2007 at 08:22pm
i dunno you know how stuff comes up fast
Matticus
Jackass
Matticus
August 18th, 2007 at 10:51pm

This totally just made my day Retard
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
August 19th, 2007 at 03:00pm
Matticus:

poor patrick, aslways the biggest =[
Laughing
abc25
abc25
August 19th, 2007 at 07:56pm
yeah i better fucking win thats all i gotta say
Matticus
Jackass
Matticus
August 19th, 2007 at 10:33pm
2 days yo Cool
swoon-
Post Whore
swoon-

Mibba
August 19th, 2007 at 11:31pm
Matticus:

LMFAO PETE'S TINY.
Matticus
Jackass
Matticus
August 21st, 2007 at 05:38pm
I know lmfao Awesome right? It looks like they all want to eat him... Razz And Pete's just there like "wutvur brah, ah'm cool wid dat"
He rules Very Happy
abc25
abc25
August 21st, 2007 at 08:36pm
obv. pete pwns like everyone else in DEM FALL OUT BOIEEZZZ!
Brian May
Brian May
August 21st, 2007 at 11:17pm
i like them..

Their type of music its not what im usually used 2
swoon-
Post Whore
swoon-

Mibba
August 23rd, 2007 at 12:53am
Boys Like Blaine:
obv. pete pwns like everyone else in DEM FALL OUT BOIEEZZZ!
no that's the jewfro
the jewfro will take over the world
Matticus
Jackass
Matticus
August 23rd, 2007 at 09:48pm
Speaking of the jewfro, he oooooowned last night tehe
AAAAND so did the rest of the band...
Especially Patrick...
And Pete...
And Andy...
Yay Cassie

SETLIST:

Thriller, Grand Theft Autumn (feat. Gabe Saporta Cassie ), The Take Over... (feat. Travis McCoy), Sugar We're Going Down, Hum Hallelujiah, Nobody Wanna See Us (that RNB song..), Our Lawyer Made Us..., I Slept With Someone In Fall Out Boy..., Carpal Tunnel Of Love, I'm Like A Lawyer..., Sophomore Slump..., This Ain't A Scene...

Then the encore was Thnks Fr The Mmrs, Dance Dance and Saturday Very Happy

AMAZING.

PS I got Pete's water bottle. w00t w00t ^_^
abc25
abc25
August 24th, 2007 at 12:45am
awww im glad you had a good time
Register