It's not worth the cut (unless you see blood)

AuthorMessage
ladyramone
Post Whore
ladyramone
May 24th, 2006 at 10:39pm
lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao
PunkPenguin
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
PunkPenguin
May 24th, 2006 at 10:54pm
hrm...so sad...
The Spelling Nazi Minx
Idiot
The Spelling Nazi Minx
May 24th, 2006 at 11:17pm
I wrote my first song when I was 12, and my writing style used to be a lot like yours. Except, I used metaphors more often. They're often quite powerful, I find.
And, sometimes, a rhyme isn't all that bad. It makes it seem more together and flow a little better. If you don't like that, use the syllable rule. Which means trying to keep all the lines within 3-5 syllables of each other. It works really well, too.
Not a bad effort overall, but metaphors would have painted an image that was much stronger and longer lasting.
Sara.
This Board Is My Home
Sara.
May 24th, 2006 at 11:22pm
As Sweet As Sin:
That's sooooo cool.
I love it. Retard
Sylar
Falling In Love With The Board
Sylar
May 24th, 2006 at 11:36pm
Underneath the cliche's there's something... If you worked on it, it could be good sweetheart.
Try using some different language techniques Wink
whersermind
Geek
whersermind

Mibba
May 24th, 2006 at 11:37pm
wow, it's fucking awesome, wow, i don't know what else to say, this is a fucking great poem. WOW! *claps*
razzledgirl
Jackass
razzledgirl

Mibba
May 25th, 2006 at 01:41am
druscilla_armstrong:
I've actually been writing for the past 11 years.

I don't like to capitalize the letters in my poems. I think it makes to into something formal rather than something that just spills from me.

I didn't sit down and write this poem to make something beautiful with twisted imagery and beautiful stanzas.

I wrote this song while I was cutting, popping pills, contemplating suicide, etc.

So that's where it came from. Cliche as it may be.

At least I understand it.

i never really could, write a good poem when i just wanted to, i would just write down random lines, like if you see the poem silence
Whatsername409
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Whatsername409
May 25th, 2006 at 02:04am
Cutting is so overated. If you want to die so badly, shoot yourself. And, I'm not trying to be mean, it's just kind of pathetic to me, that's all. But the poem is still good, I just think what its about is pointless. But, good job, anyway.
billie's_little_jinx
King For A Couple Of Days
billie's_little_jinx
May 25th, 2006 at 02:24am
I know how you fell I wright poems just like that Shifty
razzledgirl
Jackass
razzledgirl

Mibba
May 25th, 2006 at 02:29am
tre's_love_slave:
I know how you fell I wright poems just like that Shifty

i also uesed to write poems like that....and now i just write them every once in a while. People used to read them and they were like, your really deppressing.
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
May 25th, 2006 at 03:15am
druscilla_armstrong:
I wrote this song while I was cutting, popping pills, contemplating suicide, etc.

Why are you saying this on a messageboard with 1486598746289 registered people?
Things like that are rather personal, mate.
xXx depressed_emo xXx
Geek
xXx depressed_emo xXx
May 25th, 2006 at 04:56am
Fukin awesome
What's in a name?
What's in a name?

Mibba
May 25th, 2006 at 06:44am
Ella:
druscilla_armstrong:

Well, it does suggest that she’s one of those attention seekers.
(Not accusing you, dear. That’s just how it comes across.)

And about the poem. Or so called poem. That’s just venting, right?
So yeah, if to be judge as a poem it does suck. Badly. Use proper language first of all.
Then try to make it flow. If you like, use metaphors and if you don’t feel like using them
at least use some kind of poetic way to tell your message. The good thing about it is that
it’s easy to grasp and not hard to relate to, so that’s a plus. Overall it’s just plain bad though.
That doesn’t mean you can’t improve of course. So keep writing. Up
Sylar
Sylar
May 25th, 2006 at 10:19am
Ella:
druscilla_armstrong:

Sometimes it's easier to say these things on a message board- you don't know the people, you get either their unbiased sympathy or criticism. They feel no need to hold their tongues like your true friends if you see where I'm coming from Wink
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
May 25th, 2006 at 07:07pm
Mikko Lindstrom:
Ella:
druscilla_armstrong:

Sometimes it's easier to say these things on a message board- you don't know the people, you get either their unbiased sympathy or criticism. They feel no need to hold their tongues like your true friends if you see where I'm coming from Wink

I don't care if people think I'm an attention seeker. I'm not. I no longer cut or make myself throw up. I was just explaining where the poem came from. But I have no problem talking about my past problems. I don't know why. I just don't see any problem with discussing them.
What's in a name?
What's in a name?

Mibba
May 26th, 2006 at 05:26am
I didn’t say that I thought you were an attention seeker. It’s just that people who
do talk so carelessly about such things often only wants to be noticed.
Perhaps you have no problem talking about past problems
because it’s all in the past? It’s easier to say (things like) “I was suicidal”
than “I am suicidal“. I think the reaction you got was a result of the pretty
careless way you told everybody here that you’ve been cutting etc.
But what I’m actually trying to say here is: no hard feelings.
I never meant to offend you or anything (if you were offended).
Take care Cool
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
May 26th, 2006 at 11:34am
Teh Coolest Mohican....:
Ella:
Ugh. Rolling Eyes

Give her some critisim at least, don't just go 'ugh'.

She could improve it!

no I think Ella gave the best reveiw. Suicide and emo poems are getting REALLY old in this forum.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
May 26th, 2006 at 11:38am
druscilla_armstrong:
Mikko Lindstrom:
Ella:
druscilla_armstrong:

I don't care if people think I'm an attention seeker. I'm not. I no longer cut or make myself throw up. I was just explaining where the poem came from. But I have no problem talking about my past problems. I don't know why. I just don't see any problem with discussing them.

I don't want you to be offended by anything I say so: A lot of people here are tired of straight-forward suicide/anorexic/bullemic/emo/cutting/etc. poems. Where you just say everything straight-forward with nothing poetic other than incomplete sentences. If you need to vent through poetry I suggest the Journals. Title a journal: Warning: Cutting Poem.

That way the people who aren't sick of this know not to read it. That way they won't waste their time rolling emoticon eyes at you for writing a poem that sounds like half of the poems on here.

I'm saying this with your best intrest in mind. This really sounded like a journal as opposed to a Poetry forumm poem.

I just don't want people yelling at you for venting.
I never talk about past suicide problems in the forums, but my journals are riddled with them (I really only post journals in the summer anyway.)

You see what I'm saying?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 26th, 2006 at 11:49am
I'll never ever tell a poet they can't write about any subject matter and it's stupid. I will tell you that there is more to poetry then dark emotions. Especially when nothing makes this one stand out, it's just kind of bland. If you choose to write "emo" poems, do it with vivid details and descriotive words, so it's different. Don't make it sound like everything else.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
May 26th, 2006 at 11:53am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
I'll never ever tell a poet they can't write about any subject matter and it's stupid. I will tell you that there is more to poetry then dark emotions. Especially when nothing makes this one stand out, it's just kind of bland. If you choose to write "emo" poems, do it with vivid details and descriotive words, so it's different. Don't make it sound like everything else.
I'm just concentrated on her reputation on here.
She did this for venting but posted it as a poem that has been done a million times before...I don't want her turned away from GSB because she posted venting in a forum.
Register