Gypsies, new age traveler etc etc

AuthorMessage
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
June 6th, 2006 at 08:37am
The other night i watched a programme on Gypsies, and i was disgusted to hear that even after they have bought they're land planning permission was refused for a permanent camp, if they dont leave they're land they are sent to prison for 2 days and the longest sentance was 4 weeks, there was this horrible lady on televison saying that its ok they willhave an holiday at HMS pleasure, horrible nasty thing to say. Now these people havent been bought up in a house like we have they traval, they make money by doing gardening jobs and by doing building work, so why shouldt they be able to stay on theyre own land?

Now to me if they buy they're land they should be allowed to stay there, if they are caught throwing litter then yes they should be made to clear it up, i think this is the goverment trying to force a certain way of life on these people and i dont think its right, this particular family bought they're land and yes had dogs and yes they had kids, the residents of the area didnt like the mess, but my other point to that is, if they make a permanent camp they wil settle and the mess will get sorted, because they had they're older kids going around picking up the mess.

In the forest where i am from ther're is a gypsie site who were given planning permission to stay and make a permanent camp, they now live there and are contributers to the community.

i think this is anouther case og the govermant wanting hold of these people and are getting mad because its not working, these travellers do not claim benefits they "live for today and worry about tommorrow tommorrow"

what do you all think i would love to know your views on this matter, because i was disgusted that they are being treated like this.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 6th, 2006 at 09:48am
I can understadn the pollution aspect upsetting people, but if they legally purchase the land and pay the taxes for it, they could tunr it into a landfill. Thats extremely un fair to try and stiop them from living the way they are accustomed too.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 6th, 2006 at 09:50am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
I can understadn the pollution aspect upsetting people, but if they legally purchase the land and pay the taxes for it, they could tunr it into a landfill. Thats extremely un fair to try and stiop them from living the way they are accustomed too.

the piont is that if they make a mess and we all do, they should clear it up, but the police shouldnt be moving these people of tehy're OWN land.

(anyway did you enjoy the zoo)
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 6th, 2006 at 09:51am
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

the piont is that if they make a mess and we all do, they should clear it up, but the police shouldnt be moving these people of tehy're OWN land.

Yeah the Zoo was fun, my brother got attacked by birds.

BACK on topic. Do you know what law they are violating that they are being moved on?
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 6th, 2006 at 09:54am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

BACK on topic. Do you know what law they are violating that they are being moved on?

oh shit i forget, they did say but i was to busy being angree at te police it took 5 policemen to move one family of land.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 6th, 2006 at 09:56am
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

oh shit i forget, they did say but i was to busy being angree at te police it took 5 policemen to move one family of land.
Ok, I'll go look for it. Thats sad, so what it happeneing to their land now that they are moved off of it?
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 6th, 2006 at 09:57am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

Ok, I'll go look for it. Thats sad, so what it happeneing to their land now that they are moved off of it?

absolutley nothing it stay empty, what a waste, on one hand they say they want these people to settle but they are moving them on what are they suppose to do
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 6th, 2006 at 09:59am
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

absolutley nothing it stay empty, what a waste, on one hand they say they want these people to settle but they are moving them on what are they suppose to do
So, do they still own the land they paid for? if not, thats pretty corrupt
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 6th, 2006 at 10:00am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

So, do they still own the land they paid for? if not, thats pretty corrupt

yes they do still own the land
suzie_k
Falling In Love With The Board
suzie_k
June 6th, 2006 at 11:02am
Over gere they are everywhere.
We call them Irinerents. But the more common name is knackers.
I just don't like them coming to my door and asking for stuff.

But if they move into a plot of land the government is obliged to provide water facilities.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
June 6th, 2006 at 11:09am
I don't know, we get a seasonal crowd of them, mostly during the summer. I don't mind, there are plently of fields around here for them to set up camp in and I respect their way of life, I think there is something in it that appeals to me although I would never take it up myself.

They do get treated with a lot of stigma that isn't right; though like any group of people there are bad ones who steal and make a mess etc.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 6th, 2006 at 02:26pm
Bloodraine:
I don't know, we get a seasonal crowd of them, mostly during the summer. I don't mind, there are plently of fields around here for them to set up camp in and I respect their way of life, I think there is something in it that appeals to me although I would never take it up myself.

They do get treated with a lot of stigma that isn't right; though like any group of people there are bad ones who steal and make a mess etc.

yes i agree there are good ones and bad ones, but they should be allowed to stay on they're land its not fair they buy this land and are moved on.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 6th, 2006 at 02:44pm
Magne:
Bloodraine:

yes i agree there are good ones and bad ones, but they should be allowed to stay on they're land its not fair they buy this land and are moved on.
Were their kids attending school or legally being homeschool? Were they paying taxes? Were they bothering those around them? There had to be something as to why they were removed besides trash.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
June 6th, 2006 at 02:48pm
Being homeschooled isn't illegal in this country, you can be homeschooled if you want.

Believe me, this country has a lot of flaws in the laws, it wouldn't surprise me if they were 'just moved along'.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 7th, 2006 at 04:41am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
Bloodraine:

Were their kids attending school or legally being homeschool? Were they paying taxes? Were they bothering those around them? There had to be something as to why they were removed besides trash.

nope they were moved because the goverment is trying to force a way of life on them, these people were not bought up in houses and they wouldnt like to live in a house, so who are the govermant to say that they should?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 7th, 2006 at 11:01am
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
Bloodraine:

nope they were moved because the goverment is trying to force a way of life on them, these people were not bought up in houses and they wouldnt like to live in a house, so who are the govermant to say that they should?
they do have to provide there kids with shelter.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
June 7th, 2006 at 12:49pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:

Umm...Have you ever been inside a gypsy caravan?
Its not like some little wooden hut on legs.

Its a real, normal caravan, like you go on holiday in. Its not like they aren't providing shelter. Besides, if that was the case, they'd get social services involved, not just move them along.
Togepi.
Togepi.
June 7th, 2006 at 12:54pm
I think that if they have their own land then fine and the government shouldn't take it away from them, I don't see anything wrong with their lifestyle etc. But like someone said before I think, there are good ones and bad ones. What is annoying is when they set up camp in public areas (e.g. a layby on a road that doesn't belong to them) and leave a load of rubbish when they leave.
TheFaggot
TheFaggot
June 7th, 2006 at 03:15pm
I think it's AWFUL. I mean, when it somes to people far away in deserts and rainforests they try to make them keep their own religion but people HERE- nah-ah, they are to be like everybody else.

(You have to be a bit over-bearing on this one 'cause myself, I'm actualy part gypsy/romanian traveller, so I have some pretty stong opinions on the subject.) Not too long ago, they were lobotomized, placed in institutions and sterilized against their will by the state and they were even killed by people whoms land they crossed. everything about them was made illegal. now, the country I live in has made an official apologize, but that doesn't change the average persons view much, especially not old people whom grew up hating these people. Belive me, that kind of racism really hurts, being treated like shit 'cause you're not all "pure-breed".
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 8th, 2006 at 11:16am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
Bloodraine:

that is the job of the perants andf not some govermennt department, why should a way of life be forced upon these people?
Register