Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Magical
August 19th, 2006 at 03:23am
i like the Arctic Monkeys there songs are really good
S i a n
Geek
S i a n
August 19th, 2006 at 04:24am
I only like one song by them, i actually find them quite boring now.......
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
August 19th, 2006 at 04:32am
I'm not usually one for liking bands that are so over rated, but I still think they're bloody brilliant. Alex Turner just has this great knack for writing songs about nothing that mean everything to a lot of people. He tells great stories in his songs - something Noel Gallagher could never do.

Their album was great (esp. Fake Tales, You Probably Couldn't and A Certain Romance), the recent EP even better (esp. Despair in the Depature Lounge), but the new single 'Leave Before The Lights Come On' is somewhat of a disappointment. Hopefully the other new stuff will retain the edge that they had before.
Canadian_saint
Idiot
Canadian_saint
January 1st, 2007 at 11:21pm
I love the arctic Monkeys, Alex Turners dad was my music teacher at school lol
miau
King For A Couple Of Days
miau
January 2nd, 2007 at 01:21am
I like them. =]
Dom
Jackass
Dom
January 22nd, 2007 at 05:23pm
I guess their pretty good. some decent riffs, but its all a bit samey, and a bit too forgetable for my liking. A little overhyped and over-rated probably for mine and their own liking. Respect them for not doing kids saturday morning breakfast shows like McFly or whatever.
Dom
Jackass
Dom
January 22nd, 2007 at 05:25pm
409 Coffeemaker:
I'm not usually one for liking bands that are so over rated, but I still think they're bloody brilliant. Alex Turner just has this great knack for writing songs about nothing that mean everything to a lot of people. He tells great stories in his songs - something Noel Gallagher could never do.

Their album was great (esp. Fake Tales, You Probably Couldn't and A Certain Romance), the recent EP even better (esp. Despair in the Depature Lounge), but the new single 'Leave Before The Lights Come On' is somewhat of a disappointment. Hopefully the other new stuff will retain the edge that they had before.

Noel Gallagher might not have been able to tell stories! but i dunno..lyrics dont need to mean anything. Oasis have some great lyrics, and much more fun to sing along to drunk, than the arctic monkeys.
FrankFuckingIero
Jackass
FrankFuckingIero
February 28th, 2007 at 04:27am
Dom:
409 Coffeemaker:

Noel Gallagher might not have been able to tell stories! but i dunno..lyrics dont need to mean anything. Oasis have some great lyrics, and much more fun to sing along to drunk, than the arctic monkeys.

I beg to differ. Lyrics don't mean anything?!?! Hand Lyrics mean everything!! I mean the music's obviously a vital part, but if the song has no story to tell...it lacks something y'know? And I think listening to the Arctic Monkeys drunk is heaps better that listening to Oasis drunk...they're more bouncy and fast and it gets me all excited. That adrenaline rush together with alcohol...absolute gold! Oasis to me is more like.. Coffee
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
February 28th, 2007 at 11:31am
Ah the new song (I think its called Brian Strom) was aired on XFM this morning but I missed it Cheese I guess I'll catch it soon though.
FrankFuckingIero
Jackass
FrankFuckingIero
February 28th, 2007 at 10:58pm
Jay Tee:
Ah the new song (I think its called Brian Strom) was aired on XFM this morning but I missed it Cheese I guess I'll catch it soon though.

Really? I missed it too then! omgno Eh. As you said. I'll hear it at some stage.
Amy.
Falling In Love With The Board
Amy.
March 2nd, 2007 at 02:12pm
I used to hate them and then I guess they just grew on me Dno
But the lyrics are brilliant, and the songs are just so catchy
I love the new single too Cool I've got a good leak of it I'll upload if anyone wants it (:
FrankFuckingIero
Jackass
FrankFuckingIero
March 3rd, 2007 at 10:49pm
Amy.:
I used to hate them and then I guess they just grew on me Dno
But the lyrics are brilliant, and the songs are just so catchy
I love the new single too Cool I've got a good leak of it I'll upload if anyone wants it (:

Ooooooooohhhhh!!! Upload pleeeeaaaassseee!!! Pray
Amy.
Amy.
March 5th, 2007 at 05:14am
redgreendayfan
Geek
redgreendayfan

Mibba Blog
March 6th, 2007 at 10:38am
i love the arctic monkeys
Dom
Jackass
Dom
March 7th, 2007 at 03:07pm
FrankFuckingIero:
Dom:
409 Coffeemaker:

I beg to differ. Lyrics don't mean anything?!?! Hand Lyrics mean everything!! I mean the music's obviously a vital part, but if the song has no story to tell...it lacks something y'know? And I think listening to the Arctic Monkeys drunk is heaps better that listening to Oasis drunk...they're more bouncy and fast and it gets me all excited. That adrenaline rush together with alcohol...absolute gold! Oasis to me is more like.. Coffee

i never said they don't mean anything, i just said that they dont have to. "slowly walking down a hall, faster than a cannon ball" makes little or no sense,but i like it.. (thats champagned supernova by oasis by the way).
Canadian_saint
Idiot
Canadian_saint
March 7th, 2007 at 03:40pm
I cant wait for the new album to come out!
Buckfast Wine.
Buckfast Wine.
March 19th, 2007 at 12:49pm
I actaully never liked them first time round.

But Brianstorm.

Wow, bloody great
FrankFuckingIero
Jackass
FrankFuckingIero
March 20th, 2007 at 09:02pm
Dom:
FrankFuckingIero:

i never said they don't mean anything, i just said that they dont have to. "slowly walking down a hall, faster than a cannon ball" makes little or no sense,but i like it.. (thats champagned supernova by oasis by the way).

Okie dokie. Sorry. Misunderstanding. I still maintain that the Arctic Monkeys are better though. Each to their own I guess. And it's Champagne Supernova, not Champagned Supernova...there's no d Smile I also believe I stuffed up the quoting again Doh
FrankFuckingIero
Jackass
FrankFuckingIero
March 20th, 2007 at 09:03pm
Amy.:

Thanks sooooo much!!!! Dance
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
April 27th, 2007 at 11:35am
Ok yeah so new album "Favourite Worst Nightmare" was released this week. Apparently it sold like 83,000 copies on the first day and is set to break the record the debut album created by the end of this week...

I think its fucking awesome! Everyone should go buy it! OMGyes Who else has got it?!
Register