The Sex Pistols

AuthorMessage
Maiku's Kind Ghost
King For A Couple Of Days
Maiku's Kind Ghost

Mibba
December 30th, 2006 at 10:30am
11th Street Kid:
Wait... was it true that Sid's amp was turned down real low during shows so you couldn't hear him?

Yeah, Sid couldn't play bass. Shocked
The guy that played bass on Never Mind the Bollocks was Glen Matlock.
After Glen left they got Sid, not so much because he could play bass, but because he, 1. was freinds with Johnny and 2. Fit the image of The Sex Pistols . But dispite that fact he invented the pogo dance. And single handedly set the major standered for "punk fashion."
And since I'm on the topic of Sid, he didn't Kill Nancy.
The only reason why he was charged with her death is because that was easiest way to go. Even though a third party murder or suicide pack that fizzed out on the part of Sid could really be the truth, (the latter is more likely since the day before Sid gave his belongings to someone, and it's stated in his suicide note.)
it's funny how investigastions tend to not look at everything to explain things.
Nancy, angst filled girl in hotel loaded with drug dealers+dead on floor with stab wound=Sid Killed her -knife whipped clean, missing money, evenidce of suicidal intent and referance to suicide pack in Sid's last's words.
Generation Terrorist
Geek
Generation Terrorist
December 30th, 2006 at 10:35am
Maiku's Requiem:
11th Street Kid:
Wait... was it true that Sid's amp was turned down real low during shows so you couldn't hear him?

After Glen left they got Sid, not so much because he could play bass, but because he, 1. was freinds with Johnny and 2. Fit the image of The Sex Pistols . But dispite that fact he invented the pogo dance. And single handedly set the major standered for "punk fashion."
The only reason why he was charged with her death is because that was easiest way to go. Even though a third party murder or suicide pack that fizzed out on the part of Sid could really be the truth, (the latter is more likely since the day before Sid gave his belongings to someone, and it's stated in his suicide note.)
it's funny how investigastions tend to not look at everything to explain things.
Nancy, angst filled girl in hotel loaded with drug dealers+dead on floor with stab wound=Sid Killed her -knife whipped clean, missing money, evenidce of suicidal intent and referance to suicide pack in Sid's last's words.

Yep, they paid Glen to come back and play on the album, after he had already left the band. haha. and I think Steve might have recorded some of the bass on the album too.

and I agree. I don't think Sid killed Nancy either. There's lots of reasons, but I don't really feel like typing it all out now. Let's just say, not only is it technically pretty much impossible, but there are many other logical situations that could have happened. The most interesting theory I've heard is that Nancy was pregnant so she stabbed herself in the abdomin (sp?) to try to kill the unborn child, but ended up bleeding to death. haha. I don't really believe that, but I think it would be funny if it was true.
Maiku's Kind Ghost
Maiku's Kind Ghost

Mibba
December 30th, 2006 at 10:43am
Generation Terrorist:
Maiku's Requiem:
11th Street Kid:

Yep, they paid Glen to come back and play on the album, after he had already left the band. haha. and I think Steve might have recorded some of the bass on the album too.

and I agree. I don't think Sid killed Nancy either. There's lots of reasons, but I don't really feel like typing it all out now. Let's just say, not only is it technically pretty much impossible, but there are many other logical situations that could have happened. The most interesting theory I've heard is that Nancy was pregnant so she stabbed herself in the abdomin (sp?) to try to kill the unborn child, but ended up bleeding to death. haha. I don't really believe that, but I think it would be funny if it was true.

Just how exaclty would that be funny?
Nancy being pregnant would just make the whole thing that much more depressing.
But I really don't think that's even possible since I remember reading somewhere that she had something wrong with Fliopian tubes......
Generation Terrorist
Geek
Generation Terrorist
December 30th, 2006 at 10:48am
Maiku's Requiem:

Just how exaclty would that be funny?
Nancy being pregnant would just make the whole thing that much more depressing.
But I really don't think that's even possible since I remember reading somewhere that she had something wrong with Fliopian tubes......

It would be funny because it would be such a flop from what's basically been written in the history books. Come on, basically everyone believes that Sid killed her, don't you think it would be the slightest bit funny if they later found out it was something like that and made everyone look like morons? but, I had never heard about her havinga falopien tube problem, so you could be right and it could be impossible.

Maybe I just have crude humor... haha, but I already knew that.
Mike N Tre Erections
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Mike N Tre Erections

Blog
December 30th, 2006 at 10:57am
Did Sis kill Nancy?
The punk Romeo and Juliet.

Awesome topic to debate cause no ones answer is wrong, and no ones answer is right. Its unsolved, no matter what the investigation results say.

Police checked the room and found drugs and drug paraphernalia as well as a blood-stained Jaguar K-11 folding knife with a five-inch blade and a black jaguar carved into the handle.

Then they found Sid wandering the halls crying with a bruised face.
He was muttering,"I killed her...I can't live without her."
He was also heard muttering through his tears, "She must have fallen on the knife."

He was then charged with second degree homicide.
Did they have any other evidence besides the fact he said he killed her? Thats something I can't fnd the answer to.
Who knows!!?
I need to know, now!
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
December 30th, 2006 at 12:03pm
Glen Matlock was at the Green Day Milton Keynes show Very Happy
Generation Terrorist
Geek
Generation Terrorist
December 30th, 2006 at 01:40pm
A Wasted Youth the langer:

Did they have any other evidence besides the fact he said he killed her?

That's the thing. I don't think there was any evidence to say he did, other than the fact that he was in the room at the time and he had abused her in the past. That's just circumstantial stuff, though. They don't have any good, hard evidence against him. In fact, all the other facts also point towards Sid being innocent. For instance, there were enough drugs in his system that night to kill a horse. The likelihood that he was even conscience during the time Nancy was killed is pretty damn low (In fact, I think it was somehow proved that he was passed out at the time of her death, or most likely would have been based on when he took the drugs and the amount he took). Also, if his confession was "I killed her... She must have fallen on the knife" then he's not really say "I did it. I stabbed her", he's just blaming himself for what happened because he doesn't know who else to blame or what else to do.

This stuff is kind of fun to think about, though, because, like you said, no one knows what's right or wrong, so there could be truth in any theory. It just leaves a lot up to the imagination (same with the disappearance of Richey James).
Mike N Tre Erections
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Mike N Tre Erections

Blog
December 30th, 2006 at 01:44pm
Well the system is bullshit anyway.

You can't convict a man without solid evidence. There must be something still concealed from the public. *goes off to research*
Generation Terrorist
Geek
Generation Terrorist
December 30th, 2006 at 01:46pm
Well the system is bullshit anyway.

You can't convict a man without solid evidence. There must be something still concealed from the public. *goes off to research*

He wasn't convicted, though. He died before his trial date.
Mike N Tre Erections
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Mike N Tre Erections

Blog
December 30th, 2006 at 01:50pm
Oh I know, that...but convicted is such a fancy word and I felt I wouldn't get the chance to use it again.
Generation Terrorist
Geek
Generation Terrorist
December 30th, 2006 at 01:53pm
Oh I know, that...but convicted is such a fancy word and I felt I wouldn't get the chance to use it again.

Ahhh... okay Laughing

He might as well have been conficted, though, in a way. Since everyone acts as if he was found guilty of the murder anyway Rolling Eyes .
Maiku's Kind Ghost
Maiku's Kind Ghost

Mibba
December 30th, 2006 at 06:55pm
Generation Terrorist:

Did they have any other evidence besides the fact he said he killed her?

That's the thing. I don't think there was any evidence to say he did, other than the fact that he was in the room at the time and he had abused her in the past. That's just circumstantial stuff, though. They don't have any good, hard evidence against him. In fact, all the other facts also point towards Sid being innocent. For instance, there were enough drugs in his system that night to kill a horse. The likelihood that he was even conscience during the time Nancy was killed is pretty damn low (In fact, I think it was somehow proved that he was passed out at the time of her death, or most likely would have been based on when he took the drugs and the amount he took). Also, if his confession was "I killed her... She must have fallen on the knife" then he's not really say "I did it. I stabbed her", he's just blaming himself for what happened because he doesn't know who else to blame or what else to do.

This stuff is kind of fun to think about, though, because, like you said, no one knows what's right or wrong, so there could be truth in any theory. It just leaves a lot up to the imagination (same with the disappearance of Richey James).

The whole thing is rather hard to pin point.
I honestly think there was a suicide pack of some kind and Sid, for what ever reason, wasn't able to do it.
the only reason why I think this way is because of what he said in his suicide note:
"We had a death pact I have to keep my half of the bargain. Please bury me next to my baby. Bury me in my leather jacket, jeans and motor cycle boots goodbye."
It's generally a known fact when people know they have nothing to gain from not telling the truth or they know they're going to die, that's when the truth come out.
Generation Terrorist
Geek
Generation Terrorist
December 30th, 2006 at 09:10pm
I think you're right. It very well could have been a suicide pact (which would explain why there was SOOO many drugs in Sid's system. He could have been trying to OD). but, then again, they could have made a suicide pact long before Nancy died, and then when she was gone Sid remembered the pact and felt obligated to go through with it (though I think the latter seems less likely).

but, then again, the suicide pact doesn't explain all the missing money, adn the drug dealer scenerio would. but, then again, a drug dealer (or anyone else) could have stolen the money and NOT killed Nancy, or Nancy could have spent the money during the night when Sid was passed out.
Maiku's Kind Ghost
Maiku's Kind Ghost

Mibba
December 30th, 2006 at 09:13pm
Generation Terrorist:
I think you're right. It very well could have been a suicide pact (which would explain why there was SOOO many drugs in Sid's system. He could have been trying to OD). but, then again, they could have made a suicide pact long before Nancy died, and then when she was gone Sid remembered the pact and felt obligated to go through with it (though I think the latter seems less likely).

but, then again, the suicide pact doesn't explain all the missing money, adn the drug dealer scenerio would. but, then again, a drug dealer (or anyone else) could have stolen the money and NOT killed Nancy, or Nancy could have spent the money during the night when Sid was passed out.

So little evidence and so many possible reasons. Rolling Eyes
Sid and Nancy
Geek
Sid and Nancy

Mibba
December 30th, 2006 at 09:14pm
I shall just say this...
I Fucking love the Sex Pistols....

that is all =]
Generation Terrorist
Geek
Generation Terrorist
December 30th, 2006 at 09:16pm
Maiku's Requiem:
Generation Terrorist:

Too true... Oh well, at least it gives us all something to think about. Plus, it's not like Sid was wrongfully sentenced to life in prison or death or anything, because he's already dead.
Maiku's Kind Ghost
Maiku's Kind Ghost

Mibba
December 30th, 2006 at 09:25pm
Generation Terrorist:
Maiku's Requiem:
Generation Terrorist:

Too true... Oh well, at least it gives us all something to think about. Plus, it's not like Sid was wrongfully sentenced to life in prison or death or anything, because he's already dead.

Yeah...true.
When you think about it, Nancy's death is lot like Kurt Cobain's.
Most people belive her's to be a homicide and his a Suicide, and yet when you put everything together you get something different. Although when you do that, it gets harder to pin point what really happened.
Generation Terrorist
Geek
Generation Terrorist
December 31st, 2006 at 09:31am
Maiku's Requiem:

Yeah...true.
When you think about it, Nancy's death is lot like Kurt Cobain's.
Most people belive her's to be a homicide and his a Suicide, and yet when you put everything together you get something different. Although when you do that, it gets harder to pin point what really happened.

Yep... much harder, actually. You could really do that with anything, though. You know, look at the facts at make something completely different out of it (especially if there aren't too many overwhelming facts to begin with). I think the reason both of these deaths have so many facts pointing in other directions is because the 'investigators' didn't put as much time into the case as they should have, and made arrests/conclusions too quickly. In all reality, what they say happened could be true, but it's just as likely that some other scenerio is too.

and since this is the Sex Pistols thread... My goodness, I haven't listened to them in forever! I should do that one of these days. hehe. Besides, that'd be about... 18 CDs collecting dust in my room if I don't. haha. (though I have WAY too many CDs and a lot of them do just collect dust most of the time, but I like having them there just in case I decide I want to listen to them someday).
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
January 2nd, 2007 at 04:15pm
Um, I liked the movie, but I didn't agree with the plot of Sid and Nancy. They turned the rest of the band into total jerks. Whatever.

I need to watch I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here! again. lmfao
Janie Jones
Falling In Love With The Board
Janie Jones
January 2nd, 2007 at 04:48pm
They were great and I love them...I don't know enough about Sid's and Nancy's death to really discuss them though Faith
Register