Simple Plan

AuthorMessage
Lissie!
Falling In Love With The Board
Lissie!

Blog
July 19th, 2006 at 05:05pm
Then why can't a punk motivate oneself and listen to something else than punk also? Do you think Good Riddance is a punk song? Limiting yourself is wrong... I like Simple Plan a lot and I dont really care if they're punk or not, to me they're just a great band. Very Happy
DudeO
King For A Couple Of Days
DudeO

Mibba
July 19th, 2006 at 07:39pm
I hate how poeple are always all "Simple plan sucks they arent real rock."

Ah, lets see YOU playing like that.

Simple plans pretty good. I dont like all their songs, and they arent a favorite but their great.
Amy.
Amy.
July 19th, 2006 at 07:44pm
Vikki:
PunkPixie:
Vikki:
PunkPixie:
Vikki:
PunkPixie:
Vikki:
Sara.:
I love them. they are one of the best songwriters that I've heard in a long time.

Plus David's hot.

Dup.
Yeah, I agree that they know how to write songs but they are just... so pop... That's maybe why a lot of punks don't like them.
Eh they know they're really poppy
yes, but thats the problem, metalheads, punks and other people like that are always ripping on them because they are pop trying to be punk.
No, they do that because they think they're crap. But I don't think in any way that they're trying to be punk =/
Well some Green Day fans were kinda pissed at them because the bassist had a heartgrenade sticker under his strings. I am punk and am not saying they are bad but I just don't like the way they try to punk things up. I know you think they are not trying to be punk but I'm not sure how to explain it either but there is something about them I don't like
Eh You're punk?
Right.

David is as much entitled to be a Green Day fan as any other person on this planet. He was just showing that he liked them by putting the sticker on his bass. No problem. And anyways, liking Green Day does in no way make you 'punk'
But I just really really really can't see how they 'try to punk things up' =S
I can see your point but I'm just saying that the way they are, I don't like. Music - Good. Image - Bad (to me). And yes I am Punk. Bands like NOFX, Offspring, Sex Pistols, Dead Kennedys and many many others
The only time image matters in a band is when they're boybands. Last time I checked, SP weren't.
But no, you are not 'punk'.
Just because you listen to 'punk' bands, doesn't make you 'punk'
Ever.
DudeO
DudeO

Mibba
July 19th, 2006 at 07:46pm
PunkPixie:
Vikki:
PunkPixie:
Vikki:
PunkPixie:
Vikki:
Sara.:
I love them. they are one of the best songwriters that I've heard in a long time.

Plus David's hot.

Dup.
Yeah, I agree that they know how to write songs but they are just... so pop... That's maybe why a lot of punks don't like them.
Eh they know they're really poppy
yes, but thats the problem, metalheads, punks and other people like that are always ripping on them because they are pop trying to be punk.
No, they do that because they think they're crap. But I don't think in any way that they're trying to be punk =/
Well some Green Day fans were kinda pissed at them because the bassist had a heartgrenade sticker under his strings. I am punk and am not saying they are bad but I just don't like the way they try to punk things up. I know you think they are not trying to be punk but I'm not sure how to explain it either but there is something about them I don't like
Eh You're punk?
Right.

David is as much entitled to be a Green Day fan as any other person on this planet. He was just showing that he liked them by putting the sticker on his bass. No problem. And anyways, liking Green Day does in no way make you 'punk'
But I just really really really can't see how they 'try to punk things up' =S

Davids a nice guy. Besides, isnt it GOOD that he likes Green Day?

AND WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PEOPLES OBSESSION WITH PUTTING YOURSELF IN A STEREOTYPE?
I for one am not PUNK, EMO, GOTH, SKATER, or any other type of music. I'm not a CD.

Or a record.

Or you get the point.
Amy.
Amy.
July 19th, 2006 at 07:58pm
SWIS:
They're my fav band =]
I have my own David site. Shifty
I am NOT obsessed! even though the name of the site is called DDO David Desrosiers Obsessors and my name is David_obsessor
I like their really old stuff too...from Reset...I miss Reset...lol. Especially when David was the lead singer Laughing
and yeah I'm gonna stop ranting now O.o
lmfao xD
I've never heard of Reset Confused
SWIS
SWIS
July 19th, 2006 at 08:04pm
PunkPixie:
SWIS:
They're my fav band =]
I am NOT obsessed! even though the name of the site is called DDO David Desrosiers Obsessors and my name is David_obsessor
I like their really old stuff too...from Reset...I miss Reset...lol. Especially when David was the lead singer Laughing
lmfao xD

Surprised It's the band before Simple Plan started by Chuck and Pierre...I made a thread on here somewhere for it...
anyways yeah they were really good but then Pierre quit and David took over as bassist and leader of the band and then Chuck quit and they made Simple Plan, David lead Reset for six months before joining Simple Plan and they've been in SP ever since =]
Amy.
Amy.
July 19th, 2006 at 08:08pm
SWIS:
PunkPixie:
SWIS:
They're my fav band =]
lmfao xD

Surprised It's the band before Simple Plan started by Chuck and Pierre...I made a thread on here somewhere for it...
anyways yeah they were really good but then Pierre quit and David took over as bassist and leader of the band and then Chuck quit and they made Simple Plan, David lead Reset for six months before joining Simple Plan and they've been in SP ever since =]
Aaaaaah, I see now =)
I might go a-searching to have a listen to some stuff =)
SWIS
SWIS
July 19th, 2006 at 08:09pm
PunkPixie:
SWIS:
PunkPixie:
SWIS:
They're my fav band =]
lmfao xD

Aaaaaah, I see now =)

http://www.geekstinkbreath.net/board/viewtopic.php?t=42094
There's my thread =]
Amy.
Amy.
July 19th, 2006 at 08:17pm
SWIS:
PunkPixie:
SWIS:
PunkPixie:
SWIS:
They're my fav band =]
lmfao xD

Aaaaaah, I see now =)

There's my thread =]
Oooooh
I just watched a couple of the vids on youtube and they're not bad actually =)
SWIS
SWIS
July 19th, 2006 at 08:21pm
PunkPixie:
SWIS:
PunkPixie:
SWIS:
PunkPixie:
SWIS:
They're my fav band =]
lmfao xD

Aaaaaah, I see now =)

There's my thread =]
Oooooh
I just watched a couple of the vids on youtube and they're not bad actually =)

yeah there's a lot of stuff on youtube....I like it. I like the My Dream and I video..its funny...and then the live one with David singing...I love his face when he says "So please don't think I'm crazy 'cause I am." lol
The Rev
Addict
The Rev
July 19th, 2006 at 08:25pm
afireinsidemyhead:
Similar artists are: Weezer, Sum 41, and Foo Fighters

Shocked they are NOT like Weezer, Sum 41, OR Foo Fighters.

and no i dont like them
SWIS
SWIS
July 19th, 2006 at 08:26pm
1980's Boy:
afireinsidemyhead:

and no i dont like them

sorry but...if you don't like them...then why are you here? and hey, yell at AOL radio for that...AOL said that...
The Rev
Addict
The Rev
July 19th, 2006 at 08:29pm
SWIS:
1980's Boy:
afireinsidemyhead:

and no i dont like them

sorry but...if you don't like them...then why are you here? and hey, yell at AOL radio for that...AOL said that...

im allowed to state my opinion.
i wasn't gonna say anything until i saw the "Similar Artists".

AOL = Crap.
SWIS
SWIS
July 19th, 2006 at 08:32pm
1980's Boy:
SWIS:
1980's Boy:
afireinsidemyhead:

and no i dont like them

AOL = Crap.

oooh okay.

didn't mean to be rude at all...its just some people come on here and just rant about how much they hate them...and its really annoying...they don't even state reasons they just say they don't like them... and it just seems stupid that some people would come on to a thing about a band they hate...I mean...if you don't like it...stay away from it...don't piss off the fans. lol.

and yes AOL is crap.
bi_bu_ra
Rotting On Here
bi_bu_ra

Mibba
July 20th, 2006 at 07:55am
I used to like them.
Wester
Geek
Wester
July 20th, 2006 at 09:14am
I find Simple Plan to be a bunch of big whinning guys.
LoveMeLudo
Idiot
LoveMeLudo

Mibba
August 28th, 2006 at 01:39pm
SWIS:
1980's Boy:
SWIS:
1980's Boy:
afireinsidemyhead:

and no i dont like them

AOL = Crap.

oooh okay.

didn't mean to be rude at all...its just some people come on here and just rant about how much they hate them...and its really annoying...they don't even state reasons they just say they don't like them... and it just seems stupid that some people would come on to a thing about a band they hate...I mean...if you don't like it...stay away from it...don't piss off the fans. lol.

and yes AOL is crap.

i totally agree
Sara.
This Board Is My Home
Sara.
August 28th, 2006 at 01:49pm
I love 'em, and always will, No matter what other people say OMGyes
Watoosh!
Geek
Watoosh!
August 28th, 2006 at 03:59pm
i listen to a couple songs sometimes. just because i liked them so much in middle school and it's fun to reminice and all.
"x"
"x"
August 28th, 2006 at 08:59pm
I think alot of their 'fans' will stop liking them now Pierre is bald.
Register