King For A Couple Of Days
miau
August 6th, 2006 at 11:16am
Lissie.:
[Californicated.]:
Lissie.:
[Californicated.]:
Lissie.:

Yes, I know, I never meant he chose it himself. I just meant that maybe there's still traces of that inside him you know?

I personally think everyone whose parents try to raise Christian believes in God and Jesus at first. Later you choose for yourself if you're going to be a firm believer or not.

But what the hell did he chose?
I need to ask him. Billie you dumbass. Confusing my ass off... blah...

-gasps- Shocked XD

I think he might just say/do conflicting things to confuse everyone.
In fact he's sitting somewhere saying "Screw that. I'm Billie Joe Armstrong, it's me against the world, I don't need to believe in anything." Cool

But still...
If I were in that seat, agnostic and bla blah all-that-he-has-claimed-to-be, I wouldn't tattoo a cross. Very Happy

Rolling Eyes That's Billie.
Pickle
Geek
Pickle

Mibba
August 6th, 2006 at 12:51pm
Lissie.:
But the cross is christian, which means he's either a liar, a dumbass or Christian. Very Happy

Is that really for us to know? Beliefs are personal and not everyone wants the whole world divulging into every aspect of their life. You have to have a sanctuary and a line drawn somewhere. He has stated that he doesn't know a lot about the Bible, but that doesn't necessarily cross a belief in God out. He has a cross tattoo but that doesn't guarentee that he believes in the Holy Spirit. Crosses are a popular symbol, a popular tat, a popular charm but the tailsman behind it isn't always there for the wearer.
IxAmxMe
Geek
IxAmxMe

Blog
August 7th, 2006 at 01:21pm
Pickle:
Lissie.:
But the cross is christian, which means he's either a liar, a dumbass or Christian. Very Happy

Is that really for us to know? Beliefs are personal and not everyone wants the whole world divulging into every aspect of their life. You have to have a sanctuary and a line drawn somewhere. He has stated that he doesn't know a lot about the Bible, but that doesn't necessarily cross a belief in God out. He has a cross tattoo but that doesn't guarentee that he believes in the Holy Spirit. Crosses are a popular symbol, a popular tat, a popular charm but the tailsman behind it isn't always there for the wearer.

yeah, i agree. but he says he likes to keep peple guessing. it's succeded at that! lol
michaeldirnt
Idiot
michaeldirnt
August 9th, 2006 at 12:26pm
i think he said hima nd adie were aethiest but we all know hes a lushotologist Smile
<greendayfan>
Geek
<greendayfan>
August 9th, 2006 at 02:16pm
I'm a Rebel, I'm a Saint:
Annie Is Emo:
Ambyeyes:
Cigarettes And Valentines:
Ambyeyes:
I read in my Green Day book that when Billie and Adrienne got married, they weren't in any particular religion, so they wrote up thier, umm, I foget the name. Anyway, one Catholic, and there were two others. I've heard lots he's Christian too. I don't know... I kinda think he might be Christian. I think the things he does on stage, like calling Jesus a pot head. I don't think he means it Smile If you get what I mean
Yeah, I read that too. Retard

Sweet Wink

And anyway.. I just thought. If Tre` is the godfather of Billie's kids, wouldn't that make him and Tre` Christian? Cause goodparents are for Christians only in , like, American and Canada(that I know for sure).
Godparents are for Catholics o_o

^ But catholics are christians. being a christian means that you believe christ is our saviour. (sp?)

I go to a catholic school and godparents are for christians. I think in a will is were if you arent christian that you tell the family were your kids go to if something happens to both parents. If you dont have a will the kids go to the closest family members to the parents.
Impersonator
Geek
Impersonator

Mibba
September 5th, 2006 at 03:47pm
Yeah, on that little iterview, like when he was 5 he said that he liked to go to church, but now he says, "I don't know shit about the bible." so i have no idea.
catch_22
Geek
catch_22
September 5th, 2006 at 10:40pm
Tessie Armstrong:
Yeah, on that little iterview, like when he was 5 he said that he liked to go to church, but now he says, "I don't know shit about the bible." so i have no idea.
Ha, i hate goin to church i never go...im going to hell....hehe
Lissie!
Falling In Love With The Board
Lissie!

Blog
September 6th, 2006 at 10:50am
Tessie Armstrong:
Hail Hail He has also said, yeah about the wedding, "Neither of us believe in any religion."
diylobotomy
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
diylobotomy
September 7th, 2006 at 12:47am
ooh i agree with michaeldirnt
he IS a lushologist (sp?)...
maby he isnt...
but i guess he has no religeon ..i dunno tho
Lissie!
Lissie!

Blog
September 7th, 2006 at 03:07pm
Ahem... what's a lushologist?!
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
September 7th, 2006 at 03:12pm
Lissie.:

More booze, less guilt. Fizz
WiskersH
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
WiskersH
September 9th, 2006 at 04:31pm
Umm.I think he's Catholic.. don't knowabout anyone else, but Think about it. SAINT Jimmy. The Catholic religion is the only religion that talks about saints, or beliefs about them....hmm.I'm not sure....
Lissie!
Lissie!

Blog
September 9th, 2006 at 04:54pm
pearlyfrets:
Lissie.:

More booze, less guilt. Fizz
Oooh.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
September 12th, 2006 at 11:12am
Ambyeyes:
I read in my Green Day book that when Billie and Adrienne got married, they weren't in any particular religion, so they wrote up thier, umm, I foget the name. Anyway, one Catholic, and there were two others. I've heard lots he's Christian too. I don't know... I kinda think he might be Christian. I think the things he does on stage, like calling Jesus a pot head. I don't think he means it Smile If you get what I mean

Maybe it's just because Jesus looks like a hippie. He does!
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
September 12th, 2006 at 11:17am
Lissie/CheckeredTragedy./:
[Californicated.]:
Lissie.:
Oh and I was thinking about Mike - sorry I know this is the Billie thread - he wore a cross once and he said he's agnostic?

Same with Billie Joe, he has a cross tattoed, and he says he's agnostic...

Confused

And didn't Billie Joe study the bible many many years ago? I think he mentions in the interview when he's just five.

Yes, but when you're five years old you're very influenceable. If you're told to study the bible then you do it.

Yes, I know, I never meant he chose it himself. I just meant that maybe there's still traces of that inside him you know?

Yeah, I get what you mean. I'm a Hindu from a Hindu family but I went to Catholic school when I was reallllly tiny. And that's the first thing that ever made me believe in God. So it's entirely possible that influsences from Billie's childhood are still there in his mind.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
September 12th, 2006 at 11:19am
WiskersH:
Umm.I think he's Catholic.. don't knowabout anyone else, but Think about it. SAINT Jimmy. The Catholic religion is the only religion that talks about saints, or beliefs about them....hmm.I'm not sure....

Um, not it's not. Buddha was a SAINT. Hinduism has lots of saints. Don't be all narrow. Cool
Lissie!
Lissie!

Blog
September 16th, 2006 at 04:37pm
Yeah?
He wrote a song called St. Jimmy.
He's catholic?

Er?
vivalarorya
vivalarorya
September 18th, 2006 at 09:57pm
...Funny.

lmfao
iamkiller
Basket Case
iamkiller

Mibba
September 18th, 2006 at 09:59pm
WRONG THREAD AGAIN.
Toxic Narcotic
King For A Couple Of Days
Toxic Narcotic

Mibba
September 18th, 2006 at 10:34pm
musicsnob1971:
ok this is only my opinon but i grew up going to church 3 times a week, 13 yeard in christain school, sang in choir, played handbells and even taught sunday school but Billie reminds me of a lot of people i have known. that other peoples opinons have been shoved on him early in life and he never had the chance to explore all the different ideas that there. i think he was drought up catholic and alot of my catholic friends have the gulit factor in their lives and end up leaving church because of the pressure of it. thats what ive been told but i think very religon has that to a degree.

Im a christain but am very open minded and i probably get harressed for liking green day and having gay friends but i just do not worry about others opinons.

yeah!!! *high five* I'm catholic
Register