Viva La Stupid:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Dont just post "new" or "old"

Say why you feel that way.

ok Smile

old , why?
- i think the new stuff is so overdone
AI was good when it came out , they just tried to do to much with it
and then some of the videos (JOS) were so stereotyipcal (sp?) with jimmy all pissed of and ''punked out''
i actually found that offensive
AND i didn't like how they comfroemd to the whole anti-war/bush thing
suposivly WMUWSE was written about his father , the video was about a boy going off to war

well what should they have done then? the boy and the war and everything kinda fitted in with the story and the song. Should they have just shown loads of pics of billie joe's dad? i think not... Look. i find that song so amaxing and the video. it means so much to me and i will proably be quite biast and i appologise for that but it would have hurt billie joe to do a hole video of his dad. god knows it would hurt me to write a song about my dad and then just show pictures of him for 5 minuets or however long it is. i would want people to be able to interparte the song for themselves and it would not make much sense to most people so with the boy and the war it made sense. it looked efective and i like all there stuff because i just like the type of music they do...

*calms down*
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
July 29th, 2006 at 09:32pm
Hazel:
Viva La Stupid:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Dont just post "new" or "old"

Say why you feel that way.

ok Smile

old , why?
- i think the new stuff is so overdone
AI was good when it came out , they just tried to do to much with it
and then some of the videos (JOS) were so stereotyipcal (sp?) with jimmy all pissed of and ''punked out''
i actually found that offensive
AND i didn't like how they comfroemd to the whole anti-war/bush thing
suposivly WMUWSE was written about his father , the video was about a boy going off to war

well what should they have done then? the boy and the war and everything kinda fitted in with the story and the song. Should they have just shown loads of pics of billie joe's dad? i think not... Look. i find that song so amaxing and the video. it means so much to me and i will proably be quite biast and i appologise for that but it would have hurt billie joe to do a hole video of his dad. god knows it would hurt me to write a song about my dad and then just show pictures of him for 5 minuets or however long it is. i would want people to be able to interparte the song for themselves and it would not make much sense to most people so with the boy and the war it made sense. it looked efective and i like all there stuff because i just like the type of music they do...

*calms down*

i didn't say it had to shows pics of his dad for 5 mintues.
i jsut don't like the video first ofall and i hate the plot there are many ways to protry love and lose
going with a war theme jsut goes to show they comformed to the anti-bush/war AI thing
wfougoafoihqfe
Falling In Love With The Board
wfougoafoihqfe
July 30th, 2006 at 07:16am
old. it was them... being themselves.
Captain Anarchy
Geek
Captain Anarchy
July 30th, 2006 at 07:21am
Old. It wasn't about political stuff, although that's a good idea, it was about stuff. It was angier with some killer riffs!
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
July 30th, 2006 at 07:25am
Viva La Stupid:

i jsut don't like the video first ofall and i hate the plot there are many ways to protry love and lose
going with a war theme jsut goes to show they comformed to the anti-bush/war AI thing

What do you want it to be like?
Of course there are many ways, but they wanted it that way and I think it shows perfectly what they tried to say.
Yeah, and what's so bad about it? It's a statement they make and why not. People shouldn't try to make down everything because they bored or whatever of it.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
July 30th, 2006 at 10:06am
Let Be Entertain you.:
Viva La Stupid:

What do you want it to be like?
Of course there are many ways, but they wanted it that way and I think it shows perfectly what they tried to say.
Yeah, and what's so bad about it? It's a statement they make and why not. People shouldn't try to make down everything because they bored or whatever of it.

i'm not bored of it , i truly do not like it
i think it was a bad concept there was no need for it to be war related
Whitney.
Idiot
Whitney.
July 30th, 2006 at 10:12am
I honestly could never decide
which music i love better.
That's too hard of a question for me to answer, really.
Both the new and the old are amazing.
xXRootsxRadicalsXx
Geek
xXRootsxRadicalsXx
July 30th, 2006 at 10:17am
I love Green Day's old stuff up to Warning. American Idiot is a wonderful album, I just think that it was too overplayed, and because of that, sort of dragged through the mud. Now, almost 2 years later, the album seems better, because it's not very popular anymore.
xXRootsxRadicalsXx
Geek
xXRootsxRadicalsXx
July 30th, 2006 at 10:21am
I loved the Wake Me Up When September Ends video. Sure the video wasn't about his dad's death, but it was about the death of a young girls finacé. And besides, last year, our country was going through a major rut because of the war, and obviously, that video really makes a statement.
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
July 30th, 2006 at 10:26am
Viva La Stupid:

Okay.
But it showed what they wanted and made their statement.
Roisin-Marie
King For A Couple Of Days
Roisin-Marie

Blog
July 30th, 2006 at 03:24pm
old because i think they're more catchy and theres mroe of them :]
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
July 30th, 2006 at 03:55pm
"old" because i think the new stuff is played now to death, and the old stuff is just better
Sara.
This Board Is My Home
Sara.
July 30th, 2006 at 04:10pm
Let Be Entertain you.:
Viva La Stupid:

Okay.
But it showed what they wanted and made their statement.
What statement?

"wow, another video with a war message this year. this one's message;War is bad and people die. Yay. Oh look they're under attack by FIREWORKS!"
-Ed the sock
In Pasalacqua
Geek
In Pasalacqua
August 20th, 2006 at 04:06pm
OLD!!!

Except the day they start making old songs a regular occurance at shows will be the day I marry Billie Joe
michaeldirnt
Idiot
michaeldirnt
August 20th, 2006 at 04:23pm
Both.Old is great and i relate to it.new is also great and i relate to it.
the only bad thing about New is the teenies and the kids but thats not anyone in green days fault
Goodbye, Norma Jeane
Goodbye, Norma Jeane
August 20th, 2006 at 04:35pm
I think the new is okay.
But listening to Green Day's old stuff from Kerplunk and Dookie and Insomniac really made me fall in love with them.
Dead End Girl
Addict
Dead End Girl
August 20th, 2006 at 04:53pm
Hmm...dunno.
I had a discussion with a girl the other day.
She said if you play somthing like Warning and American Idiot, they sound different.

I sort of agree.
Their style has stayed the same, but the words and tempos have changed.
So...
Both =D?
Sherlock Holmes
Addict
Sherlock Holmes
August 20th, 2006 at 04:56pm
Older ! New sucks ! Makes me sick Razz Then I eat my sick...And throw up over my Guinnea Pig Weeble Gates
Sherlock Holmes
Addict
Sherlock Holmes
August 20th, 2006 at 04:57pm
Then he runs off....Thats my life...
In Pasalacqua
Geek
In Pasalacqua
August 20th, 2006 at 06:09pm
The older songs are far more difficult to play than the newer songs!

I Want To Be Alone....hello?! Neutral
Register