Article submission

AuthorMessage
savetheredneckcow
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
savetheredneckcow

Mibba
February 23rd, 2008 at 07:34pm
I have an article submission.

New Green Day Sideband! A new band formed by Green Day has stirred thoughts of many people. Is Green Day over? No. They Just formed a sideband as a new project called the Foxboro Hot Tubs. The name has evolved from a hotel near where Billie and Mike grew up. They used to sneek into the hot tubs so when they wanted to go to the hot tubs they would say 'Lets go to the Foxboro Hot Tubs.'
Their myspace is www.myspace.com/foxborohottubs.
slappy89
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
slappy89
June 8th, 2008 at 03:57pm
I guess this is where you post articles
so...
here goes, please dont steal this.

J.A.R. the truth behind the mysterious Green Day single

I read in an article on this website that J.A.R. was released brand-new on international superhits, not true...
Green Day had just released the smash hit album dookie and were on the biggest roll of thier career, this is before insomniac though. It started with a movie that very few people remember today called Angus, the good folks at turner pictures contacted some big bands at the time including Green Day, The Muffs, and Love Spit Love, to submit songs with a mellow happy tone to them. Green Day agreeing decided to write a new one. Mike Dirnt came up with this "J.A.R. (Jason Andrew Relva)". Jason was a very good friend of mike's and had died in a car wreck a few years before. Jason had lived a wreckless lifestyle and the song is mike's reflection of jason's life compared to his and how close they were and mike's desicion to settle down a little bit. It does sound a bit dark but the musical background shows that it is a happy reflection and the song celebrates jason's life. It was releaded in 1995 and was extremely popular and stayed at the top of the charts for approximently 6 weeks. If you read the back of your International Superhits! booklet it says track 8 released on the angus motion picture soundtrack. I own this soundtrack and it is a golden one but green day was definently the musical highlight. In the movie the sub-topic is Geen Day so this is for sure a Green Day fan's movie. The only place you'll be able to find it is netflix. J.A.R. is a great song and now the confusion is settled here and now. The best work Mike has ever done. We will always remember Jason..

Well that's it its all true
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 10th, 2008 at 04:10pm
...that's not an article so... Coolio
slappy89
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
slappy89
July 6th, 2008 at 03:10pm
about j.a.r.

J.A.R. (Jason Andrew Relva) The Truth Behind the Single.

After Dookie
Green Day was at the height of thier carrer and were called upon by Turner Pictures to write a song for thier up coming movie

Angus
This virtualy unknown 1995 movie about a large kid who has trouble fitting in at high school, fights with the quarterback and he has never talked to the girl he was secretly in love with (melissa lafever). this movie was all punk including the soundtrack music from Green Day, The Muffs, and Love Spit Love comprised it.

About the Single
It was written by Mike and was about a band friend who died a few years earlier his name? Jason Andrew Relva you can read a little bit about him in the booklet to 1039 smoothed out slappy hours. He died in a car wreck under the influence, being one of mikes good friends their lifestyles were very similar and mike decided to change do to the death, written in the song.
I once read that this song was new on international superhits i wanted to make it known that that's not the case
freshavocado
Addict
freshavocado

Blog
July 17th, 2008 at 11:17pm
GDA
Billie Joe photographed at Obama Event, RS's Top Trios.

Billie Joe was at a fundraising event for Barack Obama on Sunday in Newport Beach, CA, and two lucky fans took a picture with him. This article about the event makes a short mention of Billie Joe being in attendance.

As some of you will remember, Billie Joe was at another Obama fundraiser last year in Piedmont, CA, and this photo was taken of him at the time.

In other news, Rolling Stone Readers Pick the Twenty Best Trios. Green Day came in at number 7. [via GreenDayLand.net]

And here's a nice, in depth, review of Stop Drop and Roll that's worth a read.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 18th, 2008 at 11:33am
You guys this thread wasn't meant for you to post links to articles other people wrote. You can make threads about those in the approperiate forums. It was meant for you to submit articles you wrote that you wanted to put in the GSB's article section. You can find more information on the article guidelines page.
Spider Billie
Post Whore
Spider Billie

Blog
August 14th, 2008 at 12:51pm
I have one!

New Contest

Green Day + NRDC are holding a new photo contest complete with prizes of Green Day merchandise and Adeline Street packs. In order to win, you have to send them a photo of you somehow helping the enviroment in a creative way. The photos are due before 9/15/08 And if you live outside the US, you're more than welcome to enter. The first place prize is a promo photograph signed by Green Day. And the other winners will be chosen at random. You can read more about it in Green Day + NRDC's blog.
Finish Last
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Finish Last
June 13th, 2010 at 07:21am
Sorry, didn't know where to post this.
There's a mistake http://www.geekstinkbreath.net/greenday/lyrics/the-grouch/
It has to be fistful, not fustful, it's in the Album's booklet.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
June 13th, 2010 at 12:49pm
hm, i think it was a typo. fixed, thanks for pointing it out.
Bam-Itz-GreenDay
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Bam-Itz-GreenDay
July 28th, 2011 at 09:42pm
A new Green Day album?
Recently Billie has been tweeting quite a bit about "hi energy" sound and "fresh" songs.
"Playing new songs with Mike Tre and Jason the last couple weeks. Really fun. And working hard!" (Billie recently tweeted)
Sounds really exciting! Its been 2 years since an album has hit stores, so a new one sound be great! We are all glad to hear about the news, and hopefully you are too because this is BIG! We are waiting VERY patiently!
Register