Debate: Did Sid really kill Nancy??

AuthorMessage
redgreendayfan
Geek
redgreendayfan

Mibba Blog
June 11th, 2007 at 09:04am
Suicide note??? he ied of an overdose wasnt it accidental?? thants what i thought but then i only know some of what happeneed.
Revol
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Revol

Blog
June 11th, 2007 at 04:05pm
redgreendayfan:
Suicide note??? he ied of an overdose wasnt it accidental?? thants what i thought but then i only know some of what happeneed.

No it was almost deffinately a suicide. They found a note in his pocket and he'd tried and failed to kill himself several times after Nancy's death.
redgreendayfan
Geek
redgreendayfan

Mibba Blog
June 13th, 2007 at 10:49am
woah i didnt know that at all, i thought he died of an accidental overdose the night that he had been told he wasnt going to be charged or something with nher death. i woulndt have thought he would have killed nancy but i have no idea
Rotten
Idiot
Rotten

Blog
June 13th, 2007 at 06:11pm
Yeah Sid overdosed on purpose. Poor sod.
PunkNancy
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
PunkNancy
June 30th, 2007 at 06:32am
in his Suicide letter it said there was a pact..so im not sure!
and he was drunk adn on drugs too.Sad
but i dnt think Its her Fault he died!
i HATE Pistol fans that trash nancy completly!!
He Loved Her so much and its obvious!!
And The Movie is good...
but i thought it would be alot better..
They got so many things wrong aswell

Poor sidSad

xxx
xBleeding_Heartsx
Geek
xBleeding_Heartsx
July 18th, 2007 at 10:39am
Its Nancys fault because she wanted him to stay and do drugs with him and he got tierd of it
Toxic Narcotic
King For A Couple Of Days
Toxic Narcotic

Mibba
July 19th, 2007 at 05:34pm
I heard some where nancy fell on the knife, and that there was another male in the room. Of course I highly doubt that she fell on the knife, SId did really love nancy.
Toxic Narcotic
King For A Couple Of Days
Toxic Narcotic

Mibba
July 19th, 2007 at 05:47pm
I thnk it might of been this guy named Rockets Redglare.
Killslay-Steelclaw
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Killslay-Steelclaw

Mibba
July 25th, 2007 at 02:33pm
Sid Vicious did not kill Nancy. i am sticking to this no matter what anyone says. there's this guy in my art class i get into numerous arguments with over this but i refuse to back down. my evidence is as follows:

1. Sid loved Nancy. he was completely dependant on her, more so than the drugs. would you kill someone so special to you. i don't think so

2. that night, Sid was so stoned and all the time he spend in the hotel room was spent passed out on the bed. when he was awake he was wandering the hallways. he was not there, or awake, when she was murdered

3. they say that Nancy was dragged into the bathroom and sid was found trying to wash off the blood. they say he was trying to get rid of evidence. however if you found someone you loved stabbed, and didn't know whether they were alive, wouldn't you try to wash off the blood. He was only trying to help. trying to get the blood off his loved one.

4. when asked if he killed her Sid replied with "yeah because i am a dirty dog" or words to this affect. he said this in sarcasm because if oyu did kill someone, would you really say something like that. he said it to give the media something to talk about and to cause a reaction. admittedly it was not the most sensible of things to say, but this is Sid Vicious people.

5. only the police and a few other people believe that Sid killed her. the police were looking for a reason to arrest him (apart from the drugs) hte murder of Nancy was a case too big for the police to leave "unsolved" . they wanted a "murderer" and Sid was just an easy target.

6. Sid, according to Nancy, was a weakling. he had not the strength to physically kill her.

7. Due to drugs it is perfectly believable that Nancy and Sid had many enemies. it is perfectly possible that a drug dealer who they couldn't pay is responsable for her death. indeed, they were reputed to have been buying drugs that night. it is quite concievable that the following scenario could have happened : a drug dealer goes round ot the hotel room to make a deal, Nancy takes the drugs but cannot pay, the dealer stabs her and then leaves.

8. it is true that it was Sid's knife that killed her but many other people could have walked into the room, picked it up and used it. indeed the door was not locked.

9. some people have stated that this was a suicide pact gone wrong. this could indeed be true as Sid obviously felt that he had to held up his part of the bargin. if this is so, his part of the bargin would have been to kill himslef, whilst Nancy killed herself, not to kill her first. Nancy would not have believed that Sid was storng enough to have killed her and would have taken it upon herself to kill herself and would not have given Sid this responsibility.

this is my evidence as to why Sid did not kill Nancy. i have not seen the film but i have done much research into Sid and Nancy and read many different reports and accounts and have come to the decision, without any bias until i made the decision, that Sid did not kill Nancy.

feel free to argue against me but do not expect me to not reply to your arguments.

You were my little baby girl
And I knew all your fears
Such joy to hold you in my arms
And kiss away your tears
But now you're gone
There's only pain
And nothing I can do
And I don't want to live this life
If I can't live for you.

Sid Vicious.

R.I.P
Vicious79
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Vicious79
August 5th, 2007 at 01:13am
He hadn´t killed her. There were so much people who wanted to get a rid of Nancy and had prefered seeing her dead rather than alive. Sid loved her and In my opinion he dan´t never been able to do something like this and he had taken so much drugs that night the he wouldn´t have been possible physically (which could be a sign for the death pact they made but Sid failed to kill himself with the heroin) and it´s also a fact that there must have been at least one other person in the hotel room that night because money and other things where stolen from the room and sold a couple of days later in the streets and a roommaid saw a man entering the room. The police investigation was discontinued after Sids death so the case has never been clarified and Sids guilt couldn´t be evidenced. So Sid is innocent in dubio pro reo (benefit of the doubt ) right. Personally I´m convinced that he´s innocent.

Little story about how Nancy died which I once reaf in some magazine LOL:
Nancy was pregnant and wanted to lose the baby so she stabbed herself into her stomch to lose the baby the plan was that after she did this Sid should have called the ambulance but Sid was too smacked and wasn´t able to call the ambulance so Nancy died.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
August 5th, 2007 at 06:35pm
OK, two things.
Killslay-Steelclaw:
4. when asked if he killed her Sid replied with "yeah because i am a dirty dog" or words to this affect. he said this in sarcasm because if oyu did kill someone, would you really say something like that. he said it to give the media something to talk about and to cause a reaction. admittedly it was not the most sensible of things to say, but this is Sid Vicious people.
I don't care who you are, if you lost someone you truely loved, you would not say something sarcastic to lighten the mood or to give the press a field day.
Killslay-Steelclaw:
9. some people have stated that this was a suicide pact gone wrong. this could indeed be true as Sid obviously felt that he had to held up his part of the bargin. if this is so, his part of the bargin would have been to kill himslef, whilst Nancy killed herself, not to kill her first. Nancy would not have believed that Sid was storng enough to have killed her and would have taken it upon herself to kill herself and would not have given Sid this responsibility.
If there was a suicide pact, I don't understand why one of them was stabbed and the other supposed to die of a heroin overdose. In true lovers style, I would've expected them to stick together all the way to the end and both overdose from heroin. It could have been an issue of money, but from what I've heard, there was no shortage of potentially lethal drugs in the apartement.

The problem with the closure of the case is that in true Sex Pistols fashion, tales of hyperbolic proportions have emerged, blending materiality with mythology.

Personally, I believe that Sid and Nancy were not at all in love. Though it makes for a good dramatic symphony of Romeo and Juliet synonomity, I think that upon Sid's introduction to herion, he started mixing up his need for the drug, with his need for Nancy, as they did shoot up together. He associated herion with her and she became coterminously adjuvant to his needs, just like the drug. Nancy, coming from her troubled background, was just happy enough to find someone to be close with, for once in her life.

However, I do believe that they had passion and therefore I believe Sid was innocent. No doubt you've all heard of 'crimes of passion' and Nancy Spungen's murder was not one of them. She had one stab wound, and though being stabbed indicates some level of familarity, it could've been just a weapon of choice at the time. One stab wound also indicates that it was unintentional, and there is the possibility of it being self-defense or an empty threat gone wrong.

My other proof for my theory that Nancy was mostly a part of Sid's addiction was his tomporary stint with his girlfriend Michelle Robinson after Nancy's death. Though I know she couldn't replace Nancy, the fact that Sid had to get a girlfriend, to not even love, but just to have, so soon after Nancy's death, suggests to me that there was a mere constant enslavement for Sid.
Vicious79
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Vicious79
August 8th, 2007 at 04:02pm
Anji:
OK, two things.If there was a suicide pact, I don't understand why one of them was stabbed and the other supposed to die of a heroin overdose. In true lovers style, I would've expected them to stick together all the way to the end and both overdose from heroin. It could have been an issue of money, but from what I've heard, there was no shortage of potentially lethal drugs in the apartement.

Well Linda once said that Nancy had a really masochistic character and that she could imagine that Nancy might have stabbed herself. Sid was a very shy and sensitive person he would never had the courage to do something like that Nancy never wanted to die because of drugs so maybe she choose a way which fitted her better and Sid choose the easier painless way. But it didn´t work out the way it should have.

Sid would have never been able to kill her that´s what the people say who knew him well (Johnny, Siouxsie, Linda, Steve, Paul, Glenn ..........................)
Hitchcock Starlet
Addict
Hitchcock Starlet
October 14th, 2007 at 04:48pm
To be honest,I don't know what to think. I mean...he loved her and all...but they were both stoned,so anything is possible.
The Collector
GSBitch
The Collector
January 17th, 2008 at 02:20am
im sure that Nancy overdosed but he could have killed her if he was stoned
Lissie!
Falling In Love With The Board
Lissie!

Blog
January 22nd, 2008 at 11:05am
idolangelx13:
im sure that Nancy overdosed but he could have killed her if he was stoned
She didn't die from an overdose.
Opheliac_666
Geek
Opheliac_666
January 26th, 2008 at 05:48am
she was hated that much, i think someone else killed her.
Skadansk
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Skadansk
January 31st, 2008 at 11:44am
Sigh.

you can all argue this till you're blue in the face. The fact is NONE of you know what truly happened. But hey, you believe what you want to believe right?

I believe that he did kill her in some drugged up stupor. I don't believe the suicide stuff. Sid was cutting a new album at the time, his version of my way is one of the greatest punk songs you'll hear, and his covers of those Eddie Cochran songs were fist pumpingly superb. I don't see why he'd want to do himself in, he had a bright future ahead of him. Of course, I shouldn't forget how intoxicants can change your perception and the way you think, but this is just what I believe.

to conclude, IMO Sid killed Nancy.
Lissie!
Lissie!

Blog
February 1st, 2008 at 03:32pm
Skadansk:
Sigh.

you can all argue this till you're blue in the face. The fact is NONE of you know what truly happened. But hey, you believe what you want to believe right?

I believe that he did kill her in some drugged up stupor. I don't believe the suicide stuff. Sid was cutting a new album at the time, his version of my way is one of the greatest punk songs you'll hear, and his covers of those Eddie Cochran songs were fist pumpingly superb. I don't see why he'd want to do himself in, he had a bright future ahead of him. Of course, I shouldn't forget how intoxicants can change your perception and the way you think, but this is just what I believe.

to conclude, IMO Sid killed Nancy.
The album coming up was mainly Malcom McLaren's idea and I believe it pushed Sid to the edge.

And I Don't Want To Live This Life (the biography about Nancy, in case you didn't know) includes letters that Sid wrote to Deborah Spungen, Nancy's mother, after Nancy's death. It said things like 'Nancy asked me if I would set myself on fire if she told me to. I said yes'
and
'We so much wanted to die in each other's arms'

Deborah Spungen thought it was very possible that Nancy simply asked her to kill her, in a challenging way. Earlier in the book, it tells that Nancy often had disbelief against people loving her. She always wanted to know if they really did, and also said to Deborah plenty of times; 'you must let me die if you really love me!'
Skadansk
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Skadansk
February 4th, 2008 at 11:04am
I still don't believe the suicide stuff.

Frankly a stab wound is a pretty unromantic way to die in my eyes.
Lissie!
Lissie!

Blog
February 5th, 2008 at 11:12am
Nancy always wished to die. She didn't plan her death, because she knew it was coming soon anyway. I don't think she cared a lot for how she'd die.

Also, she bought the knife for Sid.

And four days before she died, she had her very last phone call with her mom and asked things like 'Does dad really love me?' and 'How's grandma?' and 'I love you' about twenty times.

Those are all proofs for a suicide pact.
Register