Billie Joe in Egos and Icons

AuthorMessage
TrashyPants
Geek
TrashyPants

Mibba
March 23rd, 2007 at 02:33pm
yeah they do say that in the interviews. I think that's what throws me off is the fact that the people doing the interviews always say that he's very down to earth. but when you watch an interview, he seems edgey. i mean i'd get that way too if people constantly asked me questions.

i think i really started noticing after i read an article in q magazine. it was the one where billie stated that cocaine and speed didn't suit him in large quantities. that upset me for some reason. but i started noticing it after that.
Tyler Durden
Jackass
Tyler Durden

Blog
March 23rd, 2007 at 02:33pm
one of the quotes he said was,
"i'm really an asshole trying to be a nice guy" Smiley i just find that funny. i guess it's just a habit now
RPattz
Board Parasite
RPattz
March 23rd, 2007 at 02:51pm
The thing is, in the early days, Billie had a real hard time dealing with fame and then he had a wife and kid all of a sudden, so he came off as a duck in interviews sometimes and yes, he was realy arrogant on stage. But you listen to radio interviews from '94 and '95 and you will see that he is a well spoken polite person, he answers questions about the musica and took the back seat and let Tré and Mike be crazy (although he chimes in now and again).
Billie, believe it or not is a really shy and quiet person, and a lot of interviews have commented on that, he himself has said that he doesn't like interviews, 'specially if he is on his own. Onstage is where he makes his presence known, because thats where he is more comfertable.

In Egos and Icons, you kinda see the transition from bratty angry kid to mature adult, meh, what do I know?
Kimsex
Addict
Kimsex

Mibba
March 23rd, 2007 at 02:59pm
plenty my dear. Pat
lmfao you should teach a course: Green Day's Maturation and dDeveloment over the years at some university.
iamkiller
Basket Case
iamkiller

Mibba
March 23rd, 2007 at 03:01pm
greendayjunkie:
The thing is, in the early days, Billie had a real hard time dealing with fame and then he had a wife and kid all of a sudden, so he came off as a duck in interviews sometimes and yes, he was realy arrogant on stage. But you listen to radio interviews from '94 and '95 and you will see that he is a well spoken polite person, he answers questions about the musica and took the back seat and let Tré and Mike be crazy (although he chimes in now and again).
Billie, believe it or not is a really shy and quiet person, and a lot of interviews have commented on that, he himself has said that he doesn't like interviews, 'specially if he is on his own. Onstage is where he makes his presence known, because thats where he is more comfertable.

In Egos and Icons, you kinda see the transition from bratty angry kid to mature adult, meh, what do I know?

OMGyes A DUCK?
RPattz
Board Parasite
RPattz
March 23rd, 2007 at 03:03pm
Kimberlane:
plenty my dear. Pat
lmfao you should teach a course: Green Day's Maturation and dDeveloment over the years at some university.

OMGyes

and Moose wtf? A duck?
TrashyPants
Geek
TrashyPants

Mibba
March 23rd, 2007 at 03:03pm
Yeah, you do.

Even though he's accepted the fact that he's a rock star, I still think he has a hard time dealing with fame. Anyone would really, especially if they came from a back ground similar to his.

I've listened to some early interviews and he is pretty sweet. Maybe it was just some of the stuff they showed in Egos and Icons.

He does come to life on stage. I can agree with that. He's even said that himself. He can be pretty caring while he's up there as well. If he wasn't he would interact with the fans and look at them, and laugh with them when they yell things. He smiles back at you if you smile at him and he sees it.
Kimsex
Addict
Kimsex

Mibba
March 23rd, 2007 at 03:12pm
iamkiller:
greendayjunkie:

OMGyes A DUCK?

lmfao lmfao lmfao

"QUACK! I'm Billie Joe...QUACK" *Pecks at bread crumbs*
RPattz
Board Parasite
RPattz
March 23rd, 2007 at 03:23pm
lmfao lmfao lmfao Finger
DICK***

Finger lmfao
Joel McHale.
King For A Couple Of Days
Joel McHale.

Blog
March 23rd, 2007 at 07:33pm
you know whats even sweeter? the interveiw he got when he was 5 you can download it on green day authority AND HE SOUND SO ADORABLE!
TrashyPants
Geek
TrashyPants

Mibba
March 23rd, 2007 at 08:57pm
He does sound really cute?
I like this part

....um WONDERFUL!!!
iamkiller
Basket Case
iamkiller

Mibba
March 23rd, 2007 at 11:06pm
greendayjunkie:
lmfao lmfao lmfao Finger
DICK***

Finger lmfao

YOU LOVE ME Finger
Magazine Sickness.
Geek
Magazine Sickness.

Mibba Blog
March 24th, 2007 at 05:02am
I downloaded that interview the other day.
My fav. part is when he's like; "I love people EVERYWHERE!"
soooo cute^-^
TrashyPants
Geek
TrashyPants

Mibba
March 24th, 2007 at 05:48pm
Haha. Yeah, that part was funny.
I like the part where he says that he depends on something to give him money...I don't remember how it all went...and then he yells "Thanks Kids!" His face cracked me up.
RPattz
Board Parasite
RPattz
March 24th, 2007 at 10:44pm
I think it is something like

"We'll make more records, so more people will buy 'em and we'll make lots of money in the process... thats why I love you kids"
Kimsex
Addict
Kimsex

Mibba
March 24th, 2007 at 10:52pm
I don't like it when he snaps at the lady for interrupting him Confused It makes me sad.
RPattz
Board Parasite
RPattz
March 24th, 2007 at 10:57pm
Why? She shouldn't interrupt him, rude bitch!
RebelofSuburbia
Falling In Love With The Board
RebelofSuburbia
March 25th, 2007 at 08:55am
greendayjunkie:
I think it is something like

"We'll make more records, so more people will buy 'em and we'll make lots of money in the process... thats why I love you kids"

it is, but they were talking about the Look For Love interview he did when he was five.
RPattz
Board Parasite
RPattz
March 25th, 2007 at 10:44am
""Thanks Kids!" His face cracked me up."

*cough* if I am not mistaken, we dont see Billie Joe's face in the look for love interview...
RebelofSuburbia
Falling In Love With The Board
RebelofSuburbia
March 25th, 2007 at 03:49pm
kay, sorry nvm I didn't see TrashyPants' post so I thought you were talking about the post above
Register