My record on the fifth one is two days. Con

OMG OMFG SOMEONE FIND ME A LIFE.

Grmml blah blah blah

Wink
Misanthropist
Post Whore
Misanthropist
February 5th, 2008 at 12:54am
..You guys, did it ever explain how exactly Snape fooled Voldemort? I mean, I know Volemort underestimated him, but he is supposed to be the "most accomplished Legilimens the world has ever seen"?

idk. I was just rereading the books and it bothered me.
vonny
Admin
vonny

Mibba Blog
February 5th, 2008 at 03:03am
...I need to read the last book again, but, didn't Voldy think Snape was spying on Dumby for him...or..am I just way off?
just_call_me_dookie
Addict
just_call_me_dookie

Mibba
February 5th, 2008 at 07:06am
Yeah thats what Voldy thought.
Misanthropist
Post Whore
Misanthropist
February 5th, 2008 at 08:38pm
just_call_me_dookie:
Yeah thats what Voldy thought.
No I know that. But, I mean, Voldemort strikes me as a very untrusting person. He seemed to like Snape but I can't help but wonder why he never idk, thought to take a gander and Snape's thoughts. I mean, what he saw would've at least made him second guess, no?
Unless Vodlemort was too dim and was just like "oic he is talking to Dumbles about all this curious stuff. O, he is just faking. Smile"

....I don't know. i guess Voldemort just overlooked it Faith

OH also. Was it really Quirrell's(or however you spell it) first year teaching as a Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher? I was always under the impression he had stayed a while, and when Dumbledore said otherwise I was just thinking about Quirrell....
but I could be way off idk.
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
February 6th, 2008 at 08:35am
Voldemort never knew about all those things, and couldn't look at what Snape really thought because Snape was a very good occlumens. Possibly an even better one than Voldemort? Perhaps not, but remember Voldemort made many mistakes during Deathly Hallows, he may have just been getting sloppy. In fact, he did try to use legilimency on Snape in the Shrieking Shack (whilst Harry was ~possessing~ Voldemort) but saw just a blank darkness. He then simply supposed that Snape was telling the truth.

When Snape was having all these chats with Dumbledore, Voldemort simply supposed him to be spying on him. It was a very intricate plan that Dumbledore had in order to make everything right for Harry yet still make it seem as though Snape was on Voldemort's side. Very clever on Dumbledore's part. Plus, of course, Snape was a very accomplished wizard, which helped greatly.

As for Quirrel, he was at the school for a long time, but the curse only applied to DatDA, not any other subjects. I think I read somewhere that Quirrel taught Muggle Studies at Hogwarts before he switched during the summer of Harry's 11th birthday.
Misanthropist
Post Whore
Misanthropist
February 6th, 2008 at 09:13am
All right, i suppose what it comes down to for me is: Snape was using legilimency and Voldemort couldn't break into his mind?
I just thought Voldemort was a better occlumens or that he would be more suspicious. But whatever, it does make sense.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
February 7th, 2008 at 11:42am
I think that Snape's hatred for Voldermort after Lily's death hardened his soul and mind from exterior manipulation.
just_call_me_dookie
Addict
just_call_me_dookie

Mibba
February 7th, 2008 at 04:13pm
^
That would make uber amounts of sense.
Misanthropist
Post Whore
Misanthropist
February 8th, 2008 at 06:45pm
Okay so I finished Half blood prince and everyone was all surprised about Snape being evil but then they said "Well Snape was always excellent and Occlumens..." or something and now i'm thinking that if people thought that Snape was such a good Occlumens he could fool Dumbledore, maybe I underestimated his power.

And what you said Anji is also an interesting point.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
February 9th, 2008 at 10:39am
WI thought it was an obvious guess! tehe Lol. Well it's not really literature so you don't do much thinking so I guess you can be forgiven for not giving to too much thought.
Angelic Fruitcake
Falling In Love With The Board
Angelic Fruitcake
February 19th, 2008 at 12:49pm
ah, I'm on to DH in my little Harry potter fest now.
I was in a big Harry mood the other day, and I've gone through the first three to the last. Dunno why the weird order.
Anyways it's making me all weirdy and sniffly again. LOL.
vonny
Admin
vonny

Mibba Blog
February 19th, 2008 at 04:32pm
^ Aw. Molly

Whenever I think about the last book I get all sad. Tonks...Lupin...Cheese
Angelic Fruitcake
Angelic Fruitcake
February 20th, 2008 at 01:56pm
I knowwwwww Molly

And even that bit where he wakes up and Hermione & Ron's fingers are inches apart and he wonders if they fell asleep holding hands always just ruins me. Rolling Eyes

I'm only reading before I go to bed lately 'cause I have loads of coursework, so I'm getting through it nice and slowly. :]
vonny
Admin
vonny

Mibba Blog
February 20th, 2008 at 04:42pm
Wait..where was this Ron and Hermione part?! OMFG

I seriously need to read the book again. Coolio

My friend just finished the book. Surprisingly nobody had told him what happened. tehe ..Anyways, he didn't like it. OMFG ...He didn't even realise Tonks and Lupin were dead until the last two pages. ..And..he didn't like the 19 years later part. omgno
just_call_me_dookie
Addict
just_call_me_dookie

Mibba
February 20th, 2008 at 05:21pm
vonny:

My friend just finished the book. Surprisingly nobody had told him what happened. tehe ..Anyways, he didn't like it. OMFG ...He didn't even realise Tonks and Lupin were dead until the last two pages. ..And..he didn't like the 19 years later part. omgno
I didn't know they died 'till then either. I was uber confused.

But I like the Epilouge. It has good symbloism.
Angelic Fruitcake
Angelic Fruitcake
February 20th, 2008 at 05:28pm
vonny:

uhhhhh....sometime after the wedding when the three of them were in Grimmauld place. Before he goes up to Sirius's old room, cause the other two are asleep.

oh I know, that confused me too. But I really liked the 19 years later bit. I guess with anything else I would have been like too cliched thanks very much, but, idk. I have double standards when Harry Potter's involved. And It would have perhaps been nice to be left with unanswered questions floating around, but it's much better this way tbh. I kinda needed to know that they were going to be okay, and what happened to them. And I'm not even usually like that. *shrugs*
vonny
Admin
vonny

Mibba Blog
February 21st, 2008 at 03:50am
Yeah, I needed to know what happened to them afterwards. I mean, if she hadn't included the epilogue there would have been too many unanswered questions in my mind..

"Who did Harry end up with?"
"Did he have children?"
"What about Ron and Hermione?"

So yeah, epilogue was good.

I still like how she didn't tell us everything in the book though. Like, she kept me wanting more. Grr
Angelic Fruitcake
Angelic Fruitcake
February 21st, 2008 at 04:16am
uh huhhh, same.
I'm going to be on here when I've finished ranting about all the stuff I'd forgotten about, believe me. tehe
Angelic Fruitcake
Angelic Fruitcake
February 22nd, 2008 at 11:41am
Have you guys read all this?

Basically, JK Rowling answering questions about the series, after DH was published.
What happened between the end and the epilogue and such.
I'd heard some of it, but I'd never read the whole of the web chat transcript.
Vair nice. I've learnt lots.
Only my eyes hurt now. : X
Register