July 21st, 2007 at 03:36pm
lmfao

On topic now people.
robotchicken.
Falling In Love With The Board
robotchicken.

Mibba
July 22nd, 2007 at 03:09am
I have always thought Christians took the whole Harry Potter thing way to seriously, I used to read them and my mom would be forever pissed off at me. I know that stuff isnt real, and Im not about to go mess with the forces of evil or whatever to stop evil Voldemort....you know its a ridiculous waste of time for those people to be burning those books. Really they should do something more constructive, like instead of influencing your kids to "BURN" things you think is evil, go teach to be tolerant of other people and not be like....homophobic or racist.
Comic tragedy
Idiot
Comic tragedy
July 22nd, 2007 at 05:18am
My mom hates it all.
But I personally think there is nothing wrong with the series.
It describes how good always defeats evil.
Is that wrong?
I think not.
However, witchcraft is the main issue on the Christianity vs Harry Potter conflict.
I think it's all fine for the Christians as long as they don't try the spells in the book.
It's a series of novels.
Not spellbooks.
The books do not say to the reader, "Try these spells! La dee dah!"
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
July 22nd, 2007 at 06:46am
Comic Tragedy:
My mom hates it all.
But I personally think there is nothing wrong with the series.
It describes how good always defeats evil.
Is that wrong?
I think not.
However, witchcraft is the main issue on the Christianity vs Harry Potter conflict.
I think it's all fine for the Christians as long as they don't try the spells in the book.
It's a series of novels.
Not spellbooks.
The books do not say to the reader, "Try these spells! La dee dah!"
I dont think the people judging the books havent actually read them [and if they did they really dont read well]and they just jump to conclusions about it. I mean if you sit them down and actually ask them whats wrong about these books they'll just probably say it influences kids to do magic, which wouldn't happen if the kids parents actually took responsiblity for their child.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
July 22nd, 2007 at 10:20am
I!atthedeathlyhallow:
Boobmeister:
I keep thinking the title says "Harry Potter for Christmas" Coolio
I thought it was some "happy christmas" thread just before tehe
Lmao. At one point in the book, I think it was Ron maybe, said, 'What?'

And I though J.K. Rowling had written, 'WTF?'

I was like, 'Woah...wait a minute.' lmfao lmfao lmfao

I hadn't slept in days because of both pure excitement and waiting in line.
I'mComing.BeScared.
King For A Couple Of Days
I'mComing.BeScared.
July 23rd, 2007 at 10:03pm
I'm christian and I don't care about Harry Potter. If u want to read you're reading or if u dont u dont.
I won't read that ( I tried) becouse it sucks. It's really bad... Just boring. I like "The Master and the Margaret"(I dk: did I make a good translation?) by Michail Bulhakow much more.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
July 24th, 2007 at 09:45pm
*Is morally offended.*
I'mComing.BeScared.
I'mComing.BeScared.
July 24th, 2007 at 10:37pm
Anji:
*Is morally offended.*

Why?
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
July 24th, 2007 at 10:38pm
*Is also joking.*
I'mComing.BeScared.
I'mComing.BeScared.
July 24th, 2007 at 10:45pm
heheSmile
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 25th, 2007 at 01:35am
If they're going to burn Harry Potter books, then they also need to go and take down Cinderella's fairy god mother, that bitchy queen from snow white with the magical posion apples, The genie from Aladin (hes obviously some kind of satanist Smiley ), and that tinkerbell with her blasphemous pixie dust!
Forever
Addict
Forever
July 25th, 2007 at 03:38am
Yeah I agree that this has been a big conflict. I myself am a Christian, and my friends are too. I'm not saying to offend anyone, but this is what me and my friends preferred we do. We've talked about this between each other...we decided not to go see the movie, mostly because of the sorcerer/magic stuff in it. Even though the Bible says not to practice witchcraft and watching a movie is not necessarily practicing it, we still believe it's exposing our eyes, which can lead to thoughts about it too. God would much rather us not think about these things. That may sound a little weird to you if you're not Christian. I'm not trying to offend or persuade anyone into doing that too, I'm just saying what me and my friends did.
Hipster.
Hipster.

Mibba Blog
July 25th, 2007 at 03:56am
I think that Harry Potter is fine as far as Christianity goes. No one is actually practicing divination and other wizardry, just the characters, and if anyone is, they probably aren't doing it because of Harry Potter.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
July 25th, 2007 at 11:47am
Forever:
we still believe it's exposing our eyes

Exposing your eyes to what, CGI?
It's not real.
Mike Dirnt.
Mike Dirnt.

Mibba
July 25th, 2007 at 11:55am
It's a successful children's book.
If you don't want to read it, don't read it.
But at the end of the day, kids who want to read it, probably will.

I don't see how Harry Potter is 'evil'.
He's a ficitional character fighting another fictional evil character.

All this over one book?

And it's the characters practicing magic and other assorted things.
Not you.
And if it is 'exposing' you to thoughts of it, surely this argument is also making you think about it?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 25th, 2007 at 07:54pm
Forever:
Yeah I agree that this has been a big conflict. I myself am a Christian, and my friends are too. I'm not saying to offend anyone, but this is what me and my friends preferred we do. We've talked about this between each other...we decided not to go see the movie, mostly because of the sorcerer/magic stuff in it. Even though the Bible says not to practice witchcraft and watching a movie is not necessarily practicing it, we still believe it's exposing our eyes, which can lead to thoughts about it too. God would much rather us not think about these things. That may sound a little weird to you if you're not Christian. I'm not trying to offend or persuade anyone into doing that too, I'm just saying what me and my friends did.

Do you believe witchcraft is real? Think
I'mComing.BeScared.
I'mComing.BeScared.
July 25th, 2007 at 09:29pm
Kurtni:
Forever:

Do you believe witchcraft is real? Think

Hmmm...I do belive. I belive in ghosts and curses. Sometimes u can hurt someone by witchcraft even if u used it in the name of light,.
Maybe it's funny... I belive becouse my friend told me that she felt something evil after seance an she was scared as hell. Was a time that I was interested in things like that...

Do you belive that exist someone like The Evil?
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
July 26th, 2007 at 01:47am
Forever:
Im Christian and that sounded weird to me Think Anyway, I know no one asked why Christians think magic is evil but Im just gonna say for record, we believe its wrong cause long ago people used to do magic on other people and really....no one wants to be messed with like that so they/we think its wrong as far as entertainment goes like...illusionists?...its not really bad I guess. I read it in my Bble thingie o_0 It had it phrased different but ya'll get that point n e wayz....
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
July 26th, 2007 at 01:54am
But Harry Potter is fictional, it's not like a wand's gonna come out of the book turning you into a chicken.
Register