The Da Vinci Details

AuthorMessage
Eve-O
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Eve-O
October 28th, 2007 at 09:16pm
So whats the deal? his work is legend but is there a secret to the Mona Lisa, is there a baby in the Last Supper and was there a women next to Jesus? personally I believe it do you?
Eve-O
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Eve-O
October 28th, 2007 at 09:28pm
Sorry for the repeat it wasn't loading.
Micro Sheep
Falling In Love With The Board
Micro Sheep
October 28th, 2007 at 10:27pm
Call me narrow-minded,but I do not believe in The DaVinci code.I think it's just fiction mixed with some questionable subjects, such as Jesus's life and stuff.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
King For A Couple Of Days
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
October 29th, 2007 at 03:52am
Faith

Could be? I don't know, I've no idea what the Da Vinci details are, excepting what you've said in your post.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
October 29th, 2007 at 03:18pm
Well, on the subject of the Mona Lisa, they've actually managed to break some of her "secrets". Her eyebrows and eyelashes were actually lost in restoration processes. They found traces of them through supersuper magnified scans. There was also a lot of bright blues and stuff in the painting. And apparently, her smile was originally more expressive than it is. But Da Vinci decided to change it I guess.
The Doctor
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
October 29th, 2007 at 05:59pm
On a scale of one to ten, one being a Magnum Opus of the twenty first century and Ten being insert moron du jour's auto-biography...The Da Vinci code was 26, 27.

The only, only, tiny, minute thing that was good about it that they cast Audrey Tautou in it. Even then, actual French cryptologers or whatever the hell they are called complained about being typecasted as sexy and that some of them were "plain, bordering in dowdy."

Anyway, I don't really like Da Vinci's art. It's too...blah. I prefer Cubism but hey, that's opinions.

Even in that time, the Bible would have been in Latin; there may be some technical difficulties within the pages of the said Bible. I mean, after a trillion translations it's hardly going to be 100% correctamundo. I mean, in the original Hebrew, it says God s as in plural. So, there mighta been a female disciple or a baby at the Last Supper.

So...there's my two cents. Don't spend 'em all at once.
missand
Geek
missand

Mibba
October 29th, 2007 at 08:11pm
Its a possibility, I mean if it wasn't true why is the Catholic church trying to stop people from thinking about it. My uncle is 100% Catholic and even admits that the Catholic church doesn't want people to believe it.
The Doctor
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
October 29th, 2007 at 08:23pm
missand:
Its a possibility, I mean if it wasn't true why is the Catholic church trying to stop people from thinking about it. My uncle is 100% Catholic and even admits that the Catholic church doesn't want people to believe it.
It's just a rumour situation.

I mean, example. If a rumour went around that..I dunno..you slept with a teacher or something, you don't want people to believe it.

Or like witchtrails.

JUDGE: Are you a witch?
ACCUSED#1 : Yes!
JUDGE: BURN HIM!

JUDGE: Are you a witch?
ACCUSED#2: No!
JUDGE: LIAR! BURN HER!

Basically, it's just that, in my own opinion.
Eve-O
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Eve-O
October 29th, 2007 at 10:27pm
Well I guess we have to leave history with history wonder what went through his mind when he painted the Last Supper? or the Mona Lisa? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
paper shoes
This Board Is My Home
paper shoes
October 30th, 2007 at 12:00am
I haven't read the book or seen the movie so a little background information would be nice...
stilinski
King For A Couple Of Days
stilinski

Blog
October 30th, 2007 at 02:26am
Well actually the 'woman' next to Jesus is the Apostle John, who was very young at the time, and therefore painted as more feminine-looking to symbolise his not being a man yet.

Tbh, I don't really believe in The DaVinci Code. I thought it was a good read, for entertainment's sake. But nothing more. There was too much novel parts for it to be admitted in my brain as something somehow scientific-ish. So yeah. Good novel. Nothing much more, to me.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
October 31st, 2007 at 05:10pm
Exactly. It was a novel. Adventurous fiction for entertainment's sake. Writers are allowed to twist and skew reality. It doesn't mean that they believe it or that they want you to believe it.
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
October 31st, 2007 at 05:18pm
Ieva Howard:
I haven't read the book or seen the movie so a little background information would be nice...
Basically the movie and book states that there is a big secret hidden in the Catholic religion which people have been seeking for centuries.. the holy grail.

The Da Vinci code suggests that this "holy grail", when translated from the French "sange real(sp?)" is royal blood. In Da Vinci's painting of 'The Last Supper', the disciple to his side is suggested to be Mary Magdalene, not one of the 12 apostles, but a woman, Jesus' lover. This leads to the suggestion that Jesus and Mary Magdalene has a baby together, and therefore that down through the ages, there is a trail or holy bloodline.. the holy grail. There are some discrepancies in the Bible about Mary Magdalene, like when it was translated, etc., etc.

Those are the basics.. Smile
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
October 31st, 2007 at 05:21pm
this topic needs more information to start it.. I like this thread though, so if the author doesn't add more information, I might just quote some of your posts and add some facts (opinions in some cases..) in. Con
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
October 31st, 2007 at 05:22pm
Coolio SILAS FTW. Roxanne
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
October 31st, 2007 at 07:41pm
Ian McKellen owns the film. Coolio

But anyways.... I think is just a book. A fictional book, actually just a solid one (Angels & Demons pwn it). Dno

Catholics just got over upset with the whole thing, it was a big puff, but its a bunch of nonsense. If you read the book you will understand.

SPOILER
I mean, the main chick in the end turns out to be one of Mary Magdalene`s descendants, like come on.

Besides I read all those decoded versions and what not and there is definitely some mystery around the whole thing and a lot of chaos caused which was all a good propaganda.
Eve-O
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Eve-O
November 1st, 2007 at 10:42pm
Well all I'm saying is that it is very cool I'm ot saying hand to god that i believe it I know writers bend and twist. There was a piece about Da Vinci painting The Last Supper backwards or some shit and when put in the correct position you can see the 'man' to Jesus's left holding a baby, very cool.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
November 2nd, 2007 at 05:07pm
Bleh. I don't like cubism. I love Da Vinci, he was a true master to me. However, in my opinion, the Mona Lisa is not at all very impressive.
The Doctor
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
November 2nd, 2007 at 05:46pm
Anji:
Bleh. I don't like cubism. I love Da Vinci, he was a true master to me. However, in my opinion, the Mona Lisa is not at all very impressive.
I know...

At least with the Impressionists you have light pouring from it (Autumn at Argenteuil = <3) but a lot of paintings from that era all look the same with the creepy eyes and very stylized face.
Eve-O
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Eve-O
November 6th, 2007 at 12:17am
Hmm good judgement.
Register