Aztec calendar: End of life on earth

AuthorMessage
Cecilia
Had A Life Before GSB
Cecilia
December 22nd, 2007 at 01:22pm
Cabaret Voltaire:
I do not believe in the end of the world so soon sry, because we aren't supposed to know when it's going to happen.

You don't know when it's gonna end but many scientists are working on it.
The Doctor
Falling In Love With The Board
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
December 22nd, 2007 at 01:44pm
Cecilia:
Cabaret Voltaire:
I do not believe in the end of the world so soon sry, because we aren't supposed to know when it's going to happen.

If we don't blow ourselves up or anything from Resident Evil to Transformers happen, the Earth should be roasted and exploded by the year 5 billionish.
Micro Sheep
Micro Sheep
December 22nd, 2007 at 02:54pm
Cecilia:
Cabaret Voltaire:

What if all their results are mistaken?
It's something too massive to be found out through science.
Cecilia
Had A Life Before GSB
Cecilia
December 22nd, 2007 at 06:40pm
Cabaret Voltaire:
Cecilia:
Cabaret Voltaire:

Something too massive for massive brains! Mr. Green

It's not too massive.
If they had thought "it's too massive to find out" we would have never be able to walk on moon, discover new planets, new phenomenas out there and many more..
Micro Sheep
Micro Sheep
December 22nd, 2007 at 07:38pm
Cecilia:
Cabaret Voltaire:
Cecilia:
Cabaret Voltaire:

Something too massive for massive brains! Mr. Green

It's not too massive.
If they had thought "it's too massive to find out" we would have never be able to walk on moon, discover new planets, new phenomenas out there and many more..

You're right .But if you look through a more religious point of view I don't think it depends on outer space Dno
Cecilia
Had A Life Before GSB
Cecilia
December 22nd, 2007 at 07:45pm
Cabaret Voltaire:
You're right .But if you look through a more religious point of view I don't think it depends on outer space Dno

I was just replying to:

Cabaret Voltaire:
Hitchcock Starlet
Addict
Hitchcock Starlet
December 22nd, 2007 at 08:18pm
east infection.:
Oh a cab driver once told my mum and me that the world will end in 2012 because the German nations will move to the east and whatnot.

lmfaolmfaolmfao

Sorry Coolio
Tahm York
This Board Is My Home
Tahm York

Blog
December 23rd, 2007 at 08:20am
I can't say I believe this. Maybe the Mayans just didn't want to make time after that date. It doesn't mean the world's over..
nyeh.
Addict
nyeh.

Blog
December 24th, 2007 at 05:01am
Considering my religious convictions (or lackthereof) no, I don't think the world is ever going to end by some wrath-of-God- like event . I have very little idea of what I'm talking about here but I heard from somewhere either on TV or the internets that the end of the calender just ment some sort of new beginning to the cycle, as opposed to the very end...

But if the world ever does end it will be our fault. Nuclear fallout, global warming eventually turns us into a giant fireball, I become a Big Brother like figure and force totalitarianist government on society.

Yes thats, it, I'M going to end the world.
Minority_Under_Dog
Minority_Under_Dog

Blog
December 24th, 2007 at 05:26am
I Kill Children.:
Herr Doktor:
lyrical_mess:
This is a bit unrelated, but how is Rasputin a mystery?
The man who just couldn't die, despite being stabbed quite badly - so as his guts her hanging out; being poisoned with enough cyanide to kill five men; shot once - his 'killer' actually came back after a while to see if he was dead and Rasputin got up and strangled him; was shot a further 3 times, was clubbed by manics and then tossed in an icy river where he died fully of hypothermia.

Probably where they got the idea of Terminator from.

Anyway, it is mysterious as well...how could he stand up to so much...murder attempts. But I think it's just something interesting to know.

Thank you for explaining for me ha ha. It's really interesting. Kind of like the last Pope.

He's also a very interesting character. He was described as a "sex maniac" by some because he slept around with people he "blessed". Yet he was the only person able to stop the tsar's son from his hemophilia. Plus he practically ran Russia when the tsar (stupidly) decided to lead the heavily defeted army in WW1.
ZootSuitRiot
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
ZootSuitRiot

Blog
December 29th, 2007 at 04:21am
Tokyo Hardcore:

5. The Mayans also say that by 2012…
-We will have gone beyond technology as we know it.
-We will have gone beyond time and money.
-We will have entered the fifth dimension after passing through the fourth dimension
-Planet Earth and the Solar System will come into galactic synchronization with the rest of the Universe.
-Our DNA will be "upgraded" (or reprogrammed) from the centre of our galaxy. Everybody on this planet is mutating. Some are more conscious of it than others. But everyone is doing it.

I think I believe in that. I've seen some pretty drastic differences between generations. O_O
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
December 29th, 2007 at 04:25am
December 21, 2012?
OMFG DAYUMM thats my twentieth birthday!

but seriously though.. I don't think I'll worry myself over that, because, my simple theory, they can't know. They can make predictions, sure, but so can anyone. I read the site, but in my opinion, there's no way an ancient civilization could predict anything like this accurately.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
December 29th, 2007 at 04:27am
ZootSuitRiot:

-Our DNA will be "upgraded" (or reprogrammed) from the centre of our galaxy. Everybody on this planet is mutating. Some are more conscious of it than others. But everyone is doing it.
That is genetically impossible. (y) evolution takes place of large amounts of time, and it isnt something you can be concious of while it's happening.
Sylar
Sylar
December 29th, 2007 at 09:49am
Now see, I think it IS true. Humans are always evolving, no? And as for being aware of it, yes people are. Scientists etc. are studying it longtime.
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
December 29th, 2007 at 12:22pm
Evolution does take a very long time, but significant change can happen over one generation for example birth defects. Technically, that's evolution. It's a bad thing, but nobody ever said evolution was always a good thing. (sorry if i just made myself sound like an utter idiot)
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
December 29th, 2007 at 04:16pm
Tokyo Hardcore:
Now see, I think it IS true. Humans are always evolving, no? And as for being aware of it, yes people are. Scientists etc. are studying it longtime.

Yes, they're aware of it when they study the past, but you're not concious of it while it happens unless you're exposed to radiation or something like that. Compared to other species, humans have evolved very little. We don't have to survive natural selection anymore.

anti-christ of suburbia:
Evolution does take a very long time, but significant change can happen over one generation for example birth defects. Technically, that's evolution. It's a bad thing, but nobody ever said evolution was always a good thing. (sorry if i just made myself sound like an utter idiot)

That is evolution, but it isn't signifigant evolution. One birth defect within a species doens't change much. Not to mention we've had birth defects forever, the same ones for quite some time. They aren't evolving or changing.

Humans don't need to evolve anymore, so for the most part we don't. Think
Tahm York
This Board Is My Home
Tahm York

Blog
March 20th, 2008 at 01:30pm
besides, there was Y2K as well. did anything happen then? Hmm, nope!
T
Tahm York
This Board Is My Home
Tahm York

Blog
March 20th, 2008 at 01:30pm
besides, there was Y2K as well. did anything happen then? Hmm, nope!
There was also many other times in the past where people thought the world was going to end and it hasn't so..
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
March 21st, 2008 at 12:07pm
Kurtni:
Tokyo Hardcore:

Yes, they're aware of it when they study the past, but you're not concious of it while it happens unless you're exposed to radiation or something like that. Compared to other species, humans have evolved very little. We don't have to survive natural selection anymore.

anti-christ of suburbia:

That is evolution, but it isn't signifigant evolution. One birth defect within a species doens't change much. Not to mention we've had birth defects forever, the same ones for quite some time. They aren't evolving or changing.

Humans don't need to evolve anymore, so for the most part we don't. Think
Actually it's more specifically 'adaption'. And 'birth defects' happen more in other species than our own. Best example is the white lupins on a river bank one summer are replaced by blue lupins the next. Adaption over a period of a year. And we're aware of that. Whether we would be aware of our own evolution I'm uncertain about, but to be perfectly honest, people living in modern day civilisations will most likely not evolve anymore than we already have. This is because we evolve to adapt, but there is no need for us to physically adapt any longer since technology is adapting for us, like instead of thicker body hair, we have goose down jackets, that sorta of thing but on a macro-sized scale. Human probably will not evolve anymore on this Earth as we know it. Should massive global impacts begin to take affect, perhaps, but for the time being, almost certainly no.
Sylar
Sylar
March 24th, 2008 at 08:02pm
... Global warming.

I'm sure this is probably going to have some part in whatever's happening.
Register