Aztec calendar: End of life on earth

AuthorMessage
mep
Geek
mep
December 17th, 2007 at 11:56am
This is just one of the sites I have managed to read through, I'm hoping to find out more:

http://www.viewzone.com/endtime.html

What do you think about the calendar's last prediction? Another hoax or something more -um... discouraging..?

-mep
Sylar
Falling In Love With The Board
Sylar
December 17th, 2007 at 01:01pm
Oddly enough, I've read something similar to this before, only... Let's just say there were obsessive fans reading into a band's lyrics too much. I found it highly interesting though so this is what I'd saved onto my comp;

CHAPTER 1- 2012 in brief…
1. Humanity and Planet Earth are currently going through a huge change or shift in consciousness and reality perception.

2. The Mayan civilization of Central America was and is the most advanced in relation to time-science knowledge. Their main calendar is the most accurate on the planet. It has never erred. They actually have 22 calendars in total, covering the many timing cycles in the Universe and Solar System. Some of these calendars are yet to be revealed.

3. The Mayan fifth world finished in 1987. The sixth world starts in 2012. So we are currently "between worlds". This time is called the "Apocalypse" or revealing. This means the real truth will be revealed. It is also the time for us to work through "our stuff" individually and collectively.

4. The Mayan sixth world is actually blank. This means it is up to us, as co-creators, to start creating the new world and civilization we want now.

5. The Mayans also say that by 2012…
-We will have gone beyond technology as we know it.
-We will have gone beyond time and money.
-We will have entered the fifth dimension after passing through the fourth dimension
-Planet Earth and the Solar System will come into galactic synchronization with the rest of the Universe.
-Our DNA will be "upgraded" (or reprogrammed) from the centre of our galaxy. Everybody on this planet is mutating. Some are more conscious of it than others. But everyone is doing it.

6. In 2012 the plane of our Solar System will line up exactly with the plane of our Galaxy, the Milky Way. This cycle has taken 26,000 years to complete. Virgil Armstrong also says that two other galaxies will line up with ours at the same time.

7. Time is speeding up (or collapsing). For thousands of years the Schumann Resonance or pulse (heartbeat) of Earth has been 7.83 cycles per second, the military have used this as a very reliable reference. However, since 1980 this resonance has been slowly rising. It is now over 12 cycles per second! This means there is the equivalent of less than 16 hours per day instead of the old 24 hours.

8. During the Apocalypse or the time "between worlds" many people will be going through many personal changes. The changes will be many and varied. It is all part of what we came here to learn or experience. Examples of change could be- relationships coming to an end, change of residence or location, change of job or work, shift in attitude or thinking etc."

(The summary above is from the site http://www.adishakti.org/mayan_end_t...12-21-2012.htm )
(If you don’t know much about it, the link above will further explain.)

The year 2012 is also the estimated time for the Pole Reversal and Ice age… which would indicate that spending “Decemberunderground” could be a way to survive these massive changes.
(See this site for info http://survive2012.com/geryl1.php )

Keep in mind that the end of the world as we know it to be, will arrive on 12/21/2012 at 11:11am GMT
Richard Nixon.
Banned
Richard Nixon.
December 17th, 2007 at 02:49pm
Tokyo Hardcore:
Oddly enough, I've read something similar to this before, only... Let's just say there were obsessive fans reading into a band's lyrics too much. I found it highly interesting though so this is what I'd saved onto my comp;

CHAPTER 1- 2012 in brief…
1. Humanity and Planet Earth are currently going through a huge change or shift in consciousness and reality perception.

2. The Mayan civilization of Central America was and is the most advanced in relation to time-science knowledge. Their main calendar is the most accurate on the planet. It has never erred. They actually have 22 calendars in total, covering the many timing cycles in the Universe and Solar System. Some of these calendars are yet to be revealed.

3. The Mayan fifth world finished in 1987. The sixth world starts in 2012. So we are currently "between worlds". This time is called the "Apocalypse" or revealing. This means the real truth will be revealed. It is also the time for us to work through "our stuff" individually and collectively.

4. The Mayan sixth world is actually blank. This means it is up to us, as co-creators, to start creating the new world and civilization we want now.

5. The Mayans also say that by 2012…
-We will have gone beyond technology as we know it.
-We will have gone beyond time and money.
-We will have entered the fifth dimension after passing through the fourth dimension
-Planet Earth and the Solar System will come into galactic synchronization with the rest of the Universe.
-Our DNA will be "upgraded" (or reprogrammed) from the centre of our galaxy. Everybody on this planet is mutating. Some are more conscious of it than others. But everyone is doing it.

6. In 2012 the plane of our Solar System will line up exactly with the plane of our Galaxy, the Milky Way. This cycle has taken 26,000 years to complete. Virgil Armstrong also says that two other galaxies will line up with ours at the same time.

7. Time is speeding up (or collapsing). For thousands of years the Schumann Resonance or pulse (heartbeat) of Earth has been 7.83 cycles per second, the military have used this as a very reliable reference. However, since 1980 this resonance has been slowly rising. It is now over 12 cycles per second! This means there is the equivalent of less than 16 hours per day instead of the old 24 hours.

8. During the Apocalypse or the time "between worlds" many people will be going through many personal changes. The changes will be many and varied. It is all part of what we came here to learn or experience. Examples of change could be- relationships coming to an end, change of residence or location, change of job or work, shift in attitude or thinking etc."

(The summary above is from the site http://www.adishakti.org/mayan_end_t...12-21-2012.htm )
(If you don’t know much about it, the link above will further explain.)

The year 2012 is also the estimated time for the Pole Reversal and Ice age… which would indicate that spending “Decemberunderground” could be a way to survive these massive changes.
(See this site for info http://survive2012.com/geryl1.php )

Keep in mind that the end of the world as we know it to be, will arrive on 12/21/2012 at 11:11am GMT

LOL and I wonder who's fans they were. *coughclandestinecough*
I'm still not sure about the whole thing, kind of makes sense but I'm a huge skeptic.
Sylar
Sylar
December 19th, 2007 at 12:57am
Um... Yeah. I've been found out Embarassed
Mycophobia
Basket Case
Mycophobia

Blog
December 19th, 2007 at 02:51am
awesome, then we all go to heaven and I can finally meet Kurt Cobain.

Fizz
Sylar
Sylar
December 19th, 2007 at 09:52am
... the world isn't going to explode or anything you realise Coffee
Micro Sheep
Micro Sheep
December 19th, 2007 at 10:07am
I do not believe in the end of the world so soon sry, because we aren't supposed to know when it's going to happen.
Hitchcock Starlet
Addict
Hitchcock Starlet
December 19th, 2007 at 11:23am
Memory Lane.:
awesome, then we all go to heaven and I can finally meet Kurt Cobain.

Fizz
Roxanne

And Joe Strummer Cassie
And Sid Roxanne
Richard Nixon.
Banned
Richard Nixon.
December 19th, 2007 at 11:39am
Tokyo Hardcore:

Coolio I was one too.
Bittersweet World
Banned
Bittersweet World

Blog
December 19th, 2007 at 12:22pm
I Kill Children.:
Tokyo Hardcore:

Coolio I was one too.

LOL I remember that obsession of yours.

These "predictions" are always vague or not true. ie: millennium/Y2K

The man most people believe is a man I personally find surprising not many people in my generation seem to know: Nostradamus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nostradamus
Most of the quatrains deal with disasters, such as plagues, earthquakes, wars, floods, invasions, murders, droughts, and battles ” all undated and based on foreshadowings by the Mirabilis Liber. Some quatrains cover these disasters in overall terms; others concern a single person or small group of persons. Some cover a single town, others several towns in several countries. A major, underlying theme is an impending invasion of Europe by Muslim forces from further east and south headed by the expected Antichrist, directly reflecting the then-current Ottoman invasions and the earlier Saracen (that is, Arab) equivalents, as well as the prior expectations of the Mirabilis Liber. All of this is presented in the context of the supposedly imminent end of the world, a conviction that sparked numerous collections of end-time prophecies at the time, not least an unpublished collection by Christopher Columbus.

Some scholars believe that Nostradamus wrote not to be a prophet, but to comment on events that were happening in his own time, writing in his elusive way ” using highly metaphorical and cryptic language ” to avoid persecution. This is similar to the Preterist interpretation of the Book of Revelation.

Nostradamus enthusiasts have credited him with predicting numerous events in world history, from the Great Fire of London, by way of the rise of Napoleon I of France and Adolf Hitler, to the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center,] but only ever in hindsight. It is not only skeptics such as James Randi who suggest that his reputation as a prophet is largely manufactured by modern-day supporters who fit his words to events that have either already occurred or are so imminent as to be inevitable, a process sometimes known as "retroactive clairvoyance." There is no evidence in the academic literature to suggest that any Nostradamus quatrain has ever been interpreted as predicting a specific event before it occurred, other than in vague, general terms that could equally apply to any number of other events.
Richard Nixon.
Banned
Richard Nixon.
December 19th, 2007 at 07:02pm
NineInTheAfternoon:
I Kill Children.:
Tokyo Hardcore:

Coolio I was one too.

LOL I remember that obsession of yours.

These "predictions" are always vague or not true. ie: millennium/Y2K

The man most people believe is a man I personally find surprising not many people in my generation seem to know: Nostradamus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nostradamus
Most of the quatrains deal with disasters, such as plagues, earthquakes, wars, floods, invasions, murders, droughts, and battles ” all undated and based on foreshadowings by the Mirabilis Liber. Some quatrains cover these disasters in overall terms; others concern a single person or small group of persons. Some cover a single town, others several towns in several countries. A major, underlying theme is an impending invasion of Europe by Muslim forces from further east and south headed by the expected Antichrist, directly reflecting the then-current Ottoman invasions and the earlier Saracen (that is, Arab) equivalents, as well as the prior expectations of the Mirabilis Liber. All of this is presented in the context of the supposedly imminent end of the world, a conviction that sparked numerous collections of end-time prophecies at the time, not least an unpublished collection by Christopher Columbus.

Some scholars believe that Nostradamus wrote not to be a prophet, but to comment on events that were happening in his own time, writing in his elusive way ” using highly metaphorical and cryptic language ” to avoid persecution. This is similar to the Preterist interpretation of the Book of Revelation.

Nostradamus enthusiasts have credited him with predicting numerous events in world history, from the Great Fire of London, by way of the rise of Napoleon I of France and Adolf Hitler, to the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center,] but only ever in hindsight. It is not only skeptics such as James Randi who suggest that his reputation as a prophet is largely manufactured by modern-day supporters who fit his words to events that have either already occurred or are so imminent as to be inevitable, a process sometimes known as "retroactive clairvoyance." There is no evidence in the academic literature to suggest that any Nostradamus quatrain has ever been interpreted as predicting a specific event before it occurred, other than in vague, general terms that could equally apply to any number of other events.

Shush you!

Yeah, I read all about Nostradamus as a kid. I was big into weird mystery things as a kid like werewolves, Rasputin etc. etc. I'm a huge skeptic thanks to it. lmfao
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
December 19th, 2007 at 08:37pm
The Aztec Calendar has nothing to do with the Mayan, the Mayans know the stuff. In 2012 we will meet them again with aliens.
Sylar
Sylar
December 20th, 2007 at 02:41am
I Kill Children.:
Tokyo Hardcore:

Coolio I was one too.

Glad I wasn't alone tehe
PaNcAkEs
Jackass
PaNcAkEs

Blog
December 20th, 2007 at 01:26pm
I think i believe it lol, i used to read that kind of stuff all the time when i was a few years younger, not anymore though. It all makes sense, actually. Its time for a change and i hope that if it DOES happen, it will be for the better, and if it doesnt, well, i think it will take us quite a while to take care of all the messes we've made by 2012 *cough*environment*cough*
Richard Nixon.
Banned
Richard Nixon.
December 20th, 2007 at 02:36pm
Tokyo Hardcore:
I Kill Children.:
Tokyo Hardcore:

Coolio I was one too.

Glad I wasn't alone tehe

lmfao lmfao lmfao Five
Sylar
Sylar
December 21st, 2007 at 05:10am
We had an earthquake today. A big one. Like, 6.8 on the richter scale.

The date is.... 12/21! DUN DUN DUN.

But seriously, there's some pretty bad shit going down- there's no power in Gisbourne which isn't that far away from where I live.
The most awful part of this is that my beloved bottle of Jagermeister that I was saving for New Year's smashed all over my floor.
THE END IS NIGH
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
December 21st, 2007 at 07:51pm
This is a bit unrelated, but how is Rasputin a mystery?
The Doctor
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
December 22nd, 2007 at 12:50pm
lyrical_mess:
The man who just couldn't die, despite being stabbed quite badly - so as his guts her hanging out; being poisoned with enough cyanide to kill five men; shot once - his 'killer' actually came back after a while to see if he was dead and Rasputin got up and strangled him; was shot a further 3 times, was clubbed by manics and then tossed in an icy river where he died fully of hypothermia.

Probably where they got the idea of Terminator from.

Anyway, it is mysterious as well...how could he stand up to so much...murder attempts. But I think it's just something interesting to know.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
December 22nd, 2007 at 01:03pm
Oh a cab driver once told my mum and me that the world will end in 2012 because the German nations will move to the east and whatnot.

People are just weird, Aztec, Mayan or no.
Richard Nixon.
Banned
Richard Nixon.
December 22nd, 2007 at 01:11pm
Herr Doktor:
lyrical_mess:
The man who just couldn't die, despite being stabbed quite badly - so as his guts her hanging out; being poisoned with enough cyanide to kill five men; shot once - his 'killer' actually came back after a while to see if he was dead and Rasputin got up and strangled him; was shot a further 3 times, was clubbed by manics and then tossed in an icy river where he died fully of hypothermia.

Probably where they got the idea of Terminator from.

Anyway, it is mysterious as well...how could he stand up to so much...murder attempts. But I think it's just something interesting to know.

Thank you for explaining for me ha ha. It's really interesting. Kind of like the last Pope.
Register