SHOW(S): The News

AuthorMessage
Franny.
Falling In Love With The Board
Franny.
March 11th, 2008 at 01:20am
I'm not expecting many posts, but I'm really hoping that at least a small portion of this message board watches the news. No matter where in the world you are, I think it's important to know what's going on either immediately around you or a hundred miles away. The news isn't popular amongst teenagers [which I assume the demographic for this board is represented by] but I would like to know which news programs you watch? It'd also be interesting to find out what some of the foreign [to me] programs are called.

Although I am Canadian, I watch American news more often. I have a [tight] schedule for my daily news intake:

Tucker [MSNBC]
Hardball with Chris Matthews [MSNBC]
Countdown with Keith Olbermann [MSNBC]
Live with Dan Abrams [MSNBC]
Nightly News with Brian Williams [NBC]
Evening News with Katie Couric [CBS]
Anderson Cooper 360 [CNN]
The O'Reilly Factor [FNC]
Hannity and Colmes [FNC]

Yes, I manage to watch all those shows in one day [sometimes it calls for crazy channel switching Laughing]. Also, if I woke up early enough, I would choose Morning Joe [MSNBC] over Fox and Friends [FNC] =)

You can also talk about anchors as well as news stories here. I hope people aren't afraid to post because they may be dubbed 'geeks' by others. Don't worry, I can assure you that news is cool -- not even kidding.
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
March 11th, 2008 at 06:37am
I watch Sky News Shifty

They have a good interactive thingy.
Angelic Fruitcake
Angelic Fruitcake
March 11th, 2008 at 04:36pm
BBC news. :]
Well I go on the interactive thing and check the headlines, I rarely watch the whole thing.
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
March 11th, 2008 at 04:56pm
Also, Sky News has Eamon Holmes in it first thing in the morning and he is like, amazing.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
March 11th, 2008 at 05:20pm
Dnevnik HRT-a Con
and BBC World and CNN World sometimes.
Diskoh
Diskoh

Mibba
March 12th, 2008 at 03:05pm
BBC Breakfast, Midlands Today and Sky News. Con
Franny.
Franny.
March 13th, 2008 at 01:32am
BBC seems to be very popular Smile

So to start up the other part of this thread. I don't know about BBC, but on every news channel here, there has been one face gracing the headlines: [Fmr.] Governor Eliot Spitzer. What is your view? Is he getting too much attention [and over-discipline] because he's a politician/person in the public eye?

I'm a fan of Spitzer; he's as good as Dems get. Even Tucker [Carlson -- conservative pundit] was defending him. It almost felt like O'Reilly was too [conservative pundit].
wfougoafoihqfe
wfougoafoihqfe
March 13th, 2008 at 12:25pm
BBC news...
or BBC news 24 OMFG wild.

Or channel 4 news cause i love a bit of jon snow.
Diskoh
Diskoh

Mibba
March 13th, 2008 at 04:46pm
Hmm... I'm sorry to say I've never heard of Eliot Spitzer. ><

He obviously can't be getting that much attention then... it would only be bad if he got as much press coverage as Britney Spears...

Oh and... I watch The One show frequently... that's like a news program, too, I guess. :]

I love being up to date with the world. :]
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
March 13th, 2008 at 04:48pm
........ Is he the one who resigned because he used prostitutes?
I'm sure i've heard the name but otherwise... idk
Diskoh
Diskoh

Mibba
March 13th, 2008 at 04:49pm
OOH. If that's the one then I've heard of him before because I saw a speech he made apologising to people. O:
Franny.
Franny.
March 13th, 2008 at 05:33pm
Yes that's him. He has been like Britney Spears, he's been getting that much attention. Just yesterday there were chopper cameras following his car for like 20 minutes -- and it was stuck in traffic most the time. I find that a terrible use of resources and a complete waste of air time.

A news story that caught my eye today was Raul [Castro] lifting the ban on the sale of electronics. Now people in Cuba can buy thnsg such as computers, TVs, DVD players and whatnot. He said no real reforms will take place but this has already proven to be a first step to something bigger. Here's the article for those who are interested.
Diskoh
Diskoh

Mibba
March 13th, 2008 at 05:42pm
Oh I agree, it isn't fair on someone to be stalked. I wish they'd have firm laws about the paparazzi.

Wow... they couldn't buy electronics? That's a supressed country.
Franny.
Franny.
March 13th, 2008 at 06:40pm
Edgeworth:
Oh I agree, it isn't fair on someone to be stalked. I wish they'd have firm laws about the paparazzi.

Wow... they couldn't buy electronics? That's a supressed country.

I actually didn't know they weren't allowed TVs. Cuba has been ruled by an iron fist of communism for so long, that any change is a big one. Maybe one day they'll start to embrace capitalism under a democratic type of governing.
stilinski
King For A Couple Of Days
stilinski

Blog
March 13th, 2008 at 09:17pm
Le Grand Journal on TQS
Le Journal Radio-Canada
LCN (French-Canadian CNN, basically)
...and CNN when there's big news.

it depends, really.
Miley Cyrus
Basket Case
Miley Cyrus

Blog
March 13th, 2008 at 10:05pm
Eyewitness News at Seven.

Really, whatever my parents are watching.
Which is everything besides Fox
Franny.
Franny.
March 14th, 2008 at 07:05pm
Sheepless:
Eyewitness News at Seven.

Really, whatever my parents are watching.
Which is everything besides Fox

ahaha I don't recommend Fox for those who want real news and real information; having said that, I love it.

I just want to bid Tucker a farewell. I think he's staying with MSNBC but his show is no longer in existence. I used to dislike him greatly but I have learned to take his side and understand his point of view. Now, I would like to welcome David Gregory! His show, "Race for the White House," is replacing Tucker and I'm really excited for it. If you have questions or comments, Ask here!
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
March 17th, 2008 at 09:15pm
When I turn on the news. I always go to Fox News right away. I love Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity. They are so cool. tehe

I love all their shows though. Everything from Fox & Friends to Hannity & Colmes and everything between. I watch it all.
Franny.
Franny.
March 18th, 2008 at 01:54am
Shadow of a Doubt:
When I turn on the news. I always go to Fox News right away. I love Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity. They are so cool. tehe

I love all their shows though. Everything from Fox & Friends to Hannity & Colmes and everything between. I watch it all.

I hope you get a dose of other news in your daily intake. Only Fox is unhealthy. But yes, O'Reilly and Hannity are totally awesome pundits. O'Reilly/Hannity '12? Sexy Laughing
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
March 18th, 2008 at 11:32am
Actually to be completely honest I don't watch any other news stations. Not even the local news. I don't watch the news everyday though. My parents ONLY watch Fox News, so that's how I am. My parents influence me WAY TOO MUCH when it comes to politics and stuff.

If O'Reilly run for president and Hannity was his VP, I'd vote for them in a heartbeat. That would be sexy. Lick
Register