Green Day tattoos

AuthorMessage
MissKaylaFace
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
MissKaylaFace
November 22nd, 2009 at 08:01am
Alright. Here's the deal. Reading all of this crap, all I have to say is this...

If someone tattooed you under the age of 18 (NOT 16 as some of you seem to think is the legal age.) REGARDLESS of "parental consent" they broke a HUGE law. My job involves work with an extremely large network of tattoo artists on a daily basis, and have more tattoos than most of you can count, and I will tell you right now that if any of you received a tattoo under the age of 18, the person who did it is not only a scumbag, but also a disgrace to the tattoo culture. And that is not opinion, it is fact. I have been getting tattooed all of my adult life, and I am SO GLAD I waited untill I was of age, not only because my tattoos are all beautiful and done by AMAZING world renound artists, but because I have yet to regret a single one.

And I do have a green day tattoo. And it is amazing, and I am in love with it. I feel this way because I put years of thought into it and had it custom made, not pulled off the internet. And might I add, not years of thought as in "oh im 16 and I've loved green day since I was 12!!!" I mean I have been a Green Day since before most of you were born, and I only just got my tattoo this year. I can guarentee you it is one of a kind, it means the world to me, and waiting so long was the key to that success.

Moral of the Story: Your parents and tattoo "aritst" are extremely irresponsible. You have to be 18 to get a tattoo for a REASON. It's not just the man trying to get you down. I'm not being an asshole, I'm simply being a voice of reason, since no one in any of your lives seems to respect you enough to do so.

PS-A friend of mine in high school got a tattoo at 15. The person who did it also slipped drugs in her drink and raped her repeatedly throught the night. She woke up in the street the next morning with a DISGUSTING tattoo that was too large and dark to cover up, and now has it as a daily reminder of her rape. So good luck with that.
Aliiiiii.
King For A Couple Of Days
Aliiiiii.
November 22nd, 2009 at 09:38am
^^^

Again, I agree with this completely.

I got a tattoo at sixteen (not Green Day-related, just three little stars on my back) and the only reason my local tattoo place did it is because my Mum and I lied - she said that I was eighteen and they, because I'd been going there for piercings with my Mum for years, took that as the truth.

It sounds irresponsible, but for various reasons my Mum and I were both trying to find a way of getting rid of a little bit of steam; getting tattooed was a way to do it.

But, the reason I agree with MissKaylaFace is because I wish I hadn't got it. I was still in high school and a million and one things have changed since then, especially me. So, as much as I love my three little stars and I love that they remind me of quite a fun time with my Mum, I regret them a bit.

They're in a bit of an awkward place and they're quite small and I might get them expanded but I'm still thinking about that. In a way I like them as they are because they're as big as Mum would allow but still, I have mixed feelings about them.

You're not mature enough at sixteen to know what you want, most of the time.

And I love all of the tattoos I've got since I've been legal. A few years of waiting isn't going to kill anybody and gives you time to mature and decide what you really want and what means something to you.

Sherlock Holmes:

Elementary my dear Alessandra!

lmfao !
IKnowTheEnemy
Idiot
IKnowTheEnemy
November 22nd, 2009 at 12:06pm
yeah i agree with both. but i do know of a kid at my school who has a huge tattoo up the inside of his arm. He was 13 when he got it. apperrantly his brother or his brothers friend did it. i think it would be a bad idea... but he was sure fond of it. that was like a year ago, in the future he probably will regret a huge stretched out dragon going up his arm...
Aliiiiii.
Aliiiiii.
November 22nd, 2009 at 01:16pm
^^^ At that age, especially as a boy on your arm, I think it would stretch loads.

Back on topic, I'm booked in to get a butterfly (which may end up having Green Day lyrics around it...) on Saturday and I'm booking in for my next one - an American flag in a heart with "Last of the American girls" around it - on my calf Mr. Green

Then I've only got maybe two more planned, and then I'm done.
Tre-LouLou-Cool
Idiot
Tre-LouLou-Cool
November 30th, 2009 at 03:17pm
It's a tricky one, tattoos are a hot topic of controversey and always have been. Personally I love tattoos, I think they are a great way to outwardly show aspects of your personality, identity but thats not to say they have to used in that way.
I have 5 tattoos and I got my first one at 19, I don't regret getting any of them done. I have a tattoo that says Tre Cool and I got this when I was 19 it means alot to me, Tre Cool has been my idol or hero since i was 12 and as naff as it sounds green day have been an inspiration and to me this was the best way to portray that.

I think if your going to get a tattoo you should be 100% sure what you want and where you want it. Remember the older you get the tattoo will as they say bleed in colour and become fuzzy the older you get.

I would always suggest that your of legal age mainly because tattoo ideas I had at 16 I cringe about now!

If your going to get them then just be 100% sure it's something you can live with when your 60/70!

just my two pence worth guys.
In Pasalacqua
Geek
In Pasalacqua
December 4th, 2009 at 07:25pm
I have a 6 month rule. After months and months of himming and hawing (because it always takes me forvever to pick out a design I like the most) I will eventually decide on one, and if I'm THAT keen on it, I wait at least 6 months before going ahead with it, just so I'm 100% certain Smile

I really want to get a tattooo of the 39/Smooth pocket watch, but again, I'll wait until at least May to get it, just in case I decide against it in the mean time. I don't understand how someone can just go out one day and decide to get a tattoo. Especailly if it's of a band. I put so much planning and thought into mine.
Tre-LouLou-Cool
Idiot
Tre-LouLou-Cool
December 5th, 2009 at 05:09pm

My Tré Cool tattoo.

I do think giving yourself time to think about it is a good idea, it's a big commitment right on! Very Happy
Magnus
Geek
Magnus
December 5th, 2009 at 05:41pm
Yeah, on the subject of regreting tattoos, my friend just walked into a tattoo shop (underage), pointed to a picture on the wall and got it tattooed onto her foot. Then she did the same thing on her arm, and she doesn't like them anymore.The one in her foot is horrible. I really ugly flower thing.
I know someone else who got this tribal tat on his arm when he turned 18, just cause he could. I think he regrets it too..

I know someone who got hers underage, but she loves it and helped design it, so it means something to her. So yeah, I think it depends if you're mature enough to choose it right.
Tre-LouLou-Cool
Idiot
Tre-LouLou-Cool
December 5th, 2009 at 05:45pm
yeah its a gamble you take I waited till I was 19 whe I got my first one and to be honest till this day i dont regret any of them but Ive been careful in making my choices. I have toiled with the idea of getting one in my arm but i havnt yet come across anything I can justify as an arm tattoo yet.
Magnus
Geek
Magnus
December 5th, 2009 at 05:57pm
Tre-LouLou-Cool:
yeah its a gamble you take I waited till I was 19 whe I got my first one and to be honest till this day i dont regret any of them but Ive been careful in making my choices. I have toiled with the idea of getting one in my arm but i havnt yet come across anything I can justify as an arm tattoo yet.

Where did ya get yours done? Or have you already said and I'm being a retard...?
Tre-LouLou-Cool
Idiot
Tre-LouLou-Cool
December 5th, 2009 at 06:18pm
ha ha no not at all, i got all mine done in the same place in glasgow,

and one of the ones on my wrist i got in Toronto.

it's called Glasgow Ink or Bodyline check out their website

theres a new one in glasgow i wanna try

called HepCat
Magnus
Geek
Magnus
December 5th, 2009 at 06:27pm
There's one place in Edinburgh, called Tribal, and I want the guy who did my scaffold bar to do it. I loved him! =D

And I reeeally wanna go to Miami Ink.
Tre-LouLou-Cool
Idiot
Tre-LouLou-Cool
December 5th, 2009 at 07:27pm
Ive been in it,.

it's nothing like the show its a shop and for the show they do them in the back or in a studio and the starting price is like $300 for a tattoo, total rip off!!
Aliiiiii.
Aliiiiii.
December 5th, 2009 at 08:15pm
lmfao

That's not surprising.

I want my Green Day tattoo done now please Sad
Tre-LouLou-Cool
Idiot
Tre-LouLou-Cool
December 6th, 2009 at 06:40am
I know totaly!

and the guy we spoke to wasn't even any of the guys that were in the show, (scam!!)

I know im contemplating all my next ones to!

im addicated!
padfoot
Jackass
padfoot

Blog
December 6th, 2009 at 08:00am
Magnus:

And I reeeally wanna go to Miami Ink.

YEEEEESSSS! Very Happy
madddie
Banned
madddie
December 6th, 2009 at 02:45pm
I'm designing my Green Day tattoo righhhht now Very Happy
madddie
Banned
madddie
December 6th, 2009 at 05:14pm
This is what i'm planning on getting...maybe.
Ignore my skin Confused it look werid.

Opinions?
May get it done before Christmas
Tre-LouLou-Cool
Idiot
Tre-LouLou-Cool
December 6th, 2009 at 07:01pm
I think you already know mine but just incase!

I love it! Very Happy
madddie
Banned
madddie
December 6th, 2009 at 07:08pm
Hahaha thanks Louisa Very Happy
Register