Jimmy/Jesus/Whatsername or Gloria/Christian?

AuthorMessage
pasalacqua16
Geek
pasalacqua16

Blog
September 6th, 2009 at 11:00am
i have to say i like the story in american idiot better, i don't really understand the whole story in 21cb yet. but american idiot's story line is genius, and maybe i'll have the same deep appreciation for 21cb one day. who knows
SorryMa
King For A Couple Of Days
SorryMa

Mibba
September 7th, 2009 at 12:44pm
I can't stand how 'Whatsername' is portrayed in JOS so it's be the Gloria and Christian one.
Daydream-believer
Jackass
Daydream-believer
September 7th, 2009 at 01:59pm
thats a hard one Wink

but i would have to say st.jimmy/watsername storyline but maybe thats because i fully understand that one
dysLEXIa
dysLEXIa
September 8th, 2009 at 02:17am
Well since I know the story of JOS/Whatsername more, I'd go with that one. I just can't seem to grip the story of Christian and Gloria. Although they're truely in love, I connect with their feelings, but the story just seems a bit too political for my liking. But whatever...

The JOS/Whatsername one is just written in a way where it's open ended in many levels, kind of like a "choose your own adventure" book, but for awesome people. xD
wild at heart
Idiot
wild at heart

Blog
September 8th, 2009 at 10:03am
TOODLiEDiRNT:
I can't stand how 'Whatsername' is portrayed in JOS so it's be the Gloria and Christian one.

oh i like her a lot in the video.
I don't like jimmy though, he looks like some 12 year-old scene kid wannabe. I don't know if it's the hair or something.
Sherlock Holmes
Addict
Sherlock Holmes
September 8th, 2009 at 12:30pm
I hate the visualy representations of them all.
I think that it's more the way that they are portrayed in the music which makes them excellent characters.
Shawna.
Jackass
Shawna.
September 8th, 2009 at 08:23pm
I love the story of The American Idiot Album alot better. It just seemed like it had a better storyline. The 21cb just seemed like it was nothing. It's almost like they were trying to hard to make a story line.
Stallion Duck
Jackass
Stallion Duck

Mibba
September 9th, 2009 at 03:27pm
I really like both stories, but on American Idiot, I always had a difficult time linking all the characters together but they have so much depth to them. With 21CB, it's clear how Gloria and Christian are connected, I also enjoy how the personalities off set one another. That and I'm a sucker for a love story.

Both are wonderful but in my mind Gloria and Christian have a lead.
LastNight_OnEarth
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
LastNight_OnEarth
September 11th, 2009 at 11:21am
I really love both of them..
There two very different stories, yet in ways quite the same..
They are both not straight forward, they each have their own twist, complicated, hidden means behind each song..
But I think Christian and Gloria's story is just that bit more difficult to decipher lyrically. Possibly a bit more open to different interpretations.
Either way, no matter what, cannot diss them as they are clever thought out and well worded, hidden stories among an epic record.
Love each for it's own great uniqutenticity.
=D.
x
Olivia Wilde.
Addict
Olivia Wilde.

Blog
September 11th, 2009 at 11:31am
I like JOS/Whatsername better for the Sid and Nancy of it all.
But maybe when I get more into the new CD I'll change
emmers_91
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
emmers_91
September 11th, 2009 at 04:44pm
i like the gloria/christian story.....maybe its because i've gotten older and i relate to it more.....but both stories are great....but in their own time; relating to my life, they have their own place in my heart
Shawna.
Jackass
Shawna.
September 11th, 2009 at 09:06pm
Can anyone post the storyline to 21cb? I'm pretty sure I understand it and know the story line, but i want to be sure i'm getting all the information from the story
Sherlock Holmes
Addict
Sherlock Holmes
September 13th, 2009 at 08:16am
I have it somewhere,
I'll post it later if I cbb.
Shawna.
Jackass
Shawna.
September 13th, 2009 at 08:51pm
Sherlock Holmes:
I have it somewhere,
I'll post it later if I cbb.

okay thanks
iViva la Andrea!
Geek
iViva la Andrea!
September 14th, 2009 at 05:25am
The thing with people not grasping the storyline of 21CB- Billie's said on a few occassions there isn't really a "storyline." The songs don't follow a linear story. They just talk about these two people, two people that really live inside most people anyway.
Shawna.
Jackass
Shawna.
September 20th, 2009 at 04:33pm
^^ and thats what I dont really like about it Sad
Last Of The Rebels
Idiot
Last Of The Rebels
September 20th, 2009 at 08:26pm
I'm torn. I really like Jimmy and Whatsername because of the story line and all they went through. But there's also Christian and Gloria who have that unbreakable bond that gets them through everything whereas J and W were in love and she left him in the end. But to choose, it'd be Christian and Gloria because of the deep connection they have.
iViva la Andrea!
Geek
iViva la Andrea!
September 24th, 2009 at 03:25am
littlegurl:
^^ and thats what I dont really like about it Sad

I think that's actually why I prefer it. It's more personal and relatable, to me, anyway. I love the story of American Idiot, but I love the characters of 21CB more.

But I mean, really, you can't lose. Razz
Shawna.
Jackass
Shawna.
September 27th, 2009 at 06:52pm
^ I've been likeing 21cb more now, but its just not the same when u listen through the whole album like ai. but I wouldve liked it if I did follow more of a story line. but that's just my opinion.
iAmSoBeautiful :3
iAmSoBeautiful :3

Blog
September 30th, 2009 at 03:13pm
i agree with your opinion, plus i very well think jimmy and whatsername have more history in AI. by history like you know more about them by listening to the album.
Register