The Legal Drinking Age

AuthorMessage
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
June 12th, 2011 at 05:34pm
I totally think weed should be legal if alcohol is legal, but thats an entire other debate Laughing
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
June 12th, 2011 at 06:20pm
Sam Roberts:
I totally think weed should be legal if alcohol is legal, but thats an entire other debate Laughing
OMG ERIN STOP BEING OFF TOPIC IN YOUR OWN THREAD
xpunkxjewelx
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
xpunkxjewelx

Mibba
June 12th, 2011 at 07:22pm
The drinking age should most definitely be eighteen, only because at eighteen someone is considered an adult and if they're an adult they surely can make the adult decision of drinking or not.
Bletreme
Geek
Bletreme
June 12th, 2011 at 08:13pm
I think that It should stay at 21. or at least 20 because at that age people have their priorities set and can be responsible drinkers. I hate it when people are underaged and drink. And can cause terrible accidents and if they become an alchoholic it can alter everyone elses life around them and theirs also. yeah it may be fun to drink and get away from it all but it can have some very bad consequences.
Squid.
King For A Couple Of Days
Squid.

Blog
June 13th, 2011 at 12:04am
Why is it that is was made 21 from the start?
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
June 13th, 2011 at 01:03am
BELLY JO.:
Sam Roberts:
OMG ERIN STOP BEING OFF TOPIC IN YOUR OWN THREAD
MY THREAD MY RULES BIATCH AINT DAT HOW IT WORKS? Hand Hand Hand Hand Hand

Laughing
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
June 13th, 2011 at 01:04am
Squid.:

right wing americans

sorry I have nothing to back that up I actually have no clue.
Spelling Cunts
Banned
Spelling Cunts
June 13th, 2011 at 03:36am
It was changed to 21 from 18 in America in the 80's. And I think 21 is too old. Most people aren't any more responsible at that age than they were at 18. You don't just wake up as an adult one day. So if you can be drafted and fight a ware but not drink at age 18 then that's ridiculous.
Also it tends to encourage binge drinking when they finally hit 21, it does the same even when people turn 18 here. So no matter what there are going to be people who don't know how to handle alcohol. Dno

EDIT: disregard the first sentence. It was made 21 in the 30's, then lowered in most states in the 70's, then they brought in the national minimum drinking age act so states couldn't set their own drinking age anymore.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Minimum_Drinking_Age_Act
toybox trash
Jackass
toybox trash
June 13th, 2011 at 02:27pm
I'm in the US and I think 21 is too old and should be dropped to 18. I think if it were dropped to 18 then high school kids wouldn't be so quit to pick up a bottle. I think the longer you have to wait for it, the sooner you're gonna try to get into it.
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
June 13th, 2011 at 08:24pm
^Also, I think it's a little ridiculous to expect kids to wait until, what would that be, junior year of university to be able to drink? By that age, so many college students have been living independently since age 17 or 18, obviously, most college students drink. I think it would be better if they were just allowed in bars, but instead they have illegal house/dorm parties that have the capacity to get WAY more out of hand than going to a bar.
toybox trash
Jackass
toybox trash
June 14th, 2011 at 12:08am
Exactly. I'm not gonna say I'm innocent and never drank but kids get in a lot of trouble around here for underage drinking. Also, I've seen a lot of 21 - 26 year old people getting in trouble for contributing to minors who are EIGHTEEN. If they were legal that would never happen. It's ridiculous.
Forever
Addict
Forever
June 15th, 2011 at 11:47pm
I think 21 should be kept. It wouldn't be wise to lower the drinking age because that would not deter young drinkers from drinking and driving or drinking in general. It would just cause more damage and more allow more people to legally drink. Lowering a drinking age is not going to stop people's alcohol addictions.
Brigister
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Brigister
August 29th, 2011 at 07:01am
I think that the drinking age should be waaaay lower than 21 years old... I mean, it's really too much... here in Italy the drinking age is 16 and IMO it's perfect.
Anyways, basically none checks if you're really 16 years old, so a lot of kids drink already when they're like 14-15... but I think it's not a big deal... I mean, let us have fun!
bi_bu_ra
Rotting On Here
bi_bu_ra

Mibba
August 30th, 2011 at 03:09pm
Brigister:
I think that the drinking age should be waaaay lower than 21 years old... I mean, it's really too much... here in Italy the drinking age is 16 and IMO it's perfect.
Anyways, basically none checks if you're really 16 years old, so a lot of kids drink already when they're like 14-15... but I think it's not a big deal... I mean, let us have fun!
isn't it 16 for beer and wine and 18 for liquor? i always thought those were the rules in italy (well obv you know better about those things since you're italian)
wild at heart
Idiot
wild at heart

Blog
September 10th, 2011 at 05:26am
In my country the legal age is 18, like most other countries.
Tbh, I don't understand the 21 rule, maybe i'm missing out on something? At 18 you become an adult (theoretically), you are responsible for your own actions, you can live independently, you can drive a car etc. So why not be able to consume alcohol at that age?
Barney Stinson
Basket Case
Barney Stinson

Mibba Blog
September 12th, 2011 at 01:27am
Squid.:

Prohibition... it was 18 and then it was 21 and then 18.. it fluctuated for a while and it's been at 21 for a long time now.
Ensiferum
Jackass
Ensiferum

Blog
October 10th, 2011 at 07:04am
It's 18 where I live, I think it's a good age because at 16 some people are still in college or secondary school and at that time some kids think it's cool to get really drunk at parties every weekend and do things they regret in the morning. I think that should stay illegal because maybe if it was legal at that age it would encourage more kids to do that. At 18 you're old enough to make your own choices and get a proper job and live where you like etc.
Doc Huckleberry
Geek
Doc Huckleberry
October 27th, 2011 at 12:46pm
18 makes more sense because you are an adult (legally).
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
October 30th, 2011 at 12:56pm
I think 21 is a good age just because people are able to mature a little bit more. I'm 22 and I rarely drink. I already feel like I have matured. I recently had my first expericence of drinking at a party and it was fun, but the next day wasn't, so I'm not drinking as much as I did at the party ever again.
wild at heart
Idiot
wild at heart

Blog
November 1st, 2011 at 03:22pm
Frank Anthony Iero.:
I think 21 is a good age just because people are able to mature a little bit more. I'm 22 and I rarely drink. I already feel like I have matured. I recently had my first expericence of drinking at a party and it was fun, but the next day wasn't, so I'm not drinking as much as I did at the party ever again.

But theoretically, 18 is the age when you become mature. From that point on you are responsible for your own actions and you can make your own decisions regarding any matter.
Register