Gender changes

AuthorMessage
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 22nd, 2006 at 11:01am
.:Cheeses_Of_Suburbia:.:
Am I the only person on GSB who is a transgendered person?
I guess I must be. =(
But anyway, I would just like to make it clear for all the people who don't really understand... you could never ever understand the kind of emotional pain involved in being trapped in the wrong gender. You can't just "get over it" or live with yourself.

If anyone does have questions or anything I hope I would be able to help.

Ignorant people will never be able to come to terms with this...I think that's sad. They don't appreciate how hard it must be for the person, they know nothing. It takes a special kind of bravery to wake up every day in the wrong body, to face that every day.

Those people who think you can just learn to live don't know what the hell they're talking about. Don't listen to them.
~tre's_lost_nut~
King For A Couple Of Days
~tre's_lost_nut~
March 22nd, 2006 at 04:25pm
wanna be friends? i like the way you think =)
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 22nd, 2006 at 04:31pm
wanna be friends? i like the way you think =)

Sure Cool

Really, all I am is just open to other ideas. That's why I don't have a problem with gender chages or transgendered people. After all, who am I to judge whether they are right or wrong?. As long as a person is a happy person in their own body, I don't care what kind of reproductive organs you have ^_^
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
March 22nd, 2006 at 04:34pm
I guess I must be. =(
But anyway, I would just like to make it clear for all the people who don't really understand... you could never ever understand the kind of emotional pain involved in being trapped in the wrong gender. You can't just "get over it" or live with yourself.

ok i hope yu dont mnd me asking but you said if anyone has any question please ask,

so here goes, i am you'll know if you read what i have posted before against gender chnages, but i am open to change if someone gives me a proper excuse for why they want it done, so can i ask you what did you go from woman - man or man - woman and also what did the Doctors say when you told them this is what you wanted? i cant inamgine a doc saying ok we'll do it when we can, were you offered councelling? sorry being nosey but i just want to know, if not for any reason but to get my head around it, because it is a life changing descion.
ren
Idiot
ren
March 23rd, 2006 at 12:57am
I guess I must be. =(

would you mind elaborating on your story? To be honest im not really that familiar with the subject, ive talked to a few others about it but would love to hear your persepective maybe your story, if you wouldnt mind of course. im just curious..

thanks
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
March 23rd, 2006 at 06:43am
I see why people would want to do it, personally, I'm fine being a girl, but I can understand why some people would choose to have a sex change. And I think that if they want to, they should be able to. It must be awful, and really hard to feel like you were trapped in the wrong gender.
~tre's_lost_nut~
~tre's_lost_nut~
March 23rd, 2006 at 10:55am
Well I haven't actually gone through the change yet, I'm quite a few years away from that.

The general process is that you have to talk to a couple shrinks first just to make sure you're for real and that you're not suicidal or crazy or anything, then you go on hormones to give you facial hair and reduce your breasts, lower your voice, etc. (or the opposite if you're a man who wants to be a woman), and it takes about a year for all that to take effect.
Once that's done with there are many different operations you can choose to have, some people prefer to keep their original private parts but there are very advanced ways of getting new and realistic genitalia.
I haven't even got to the shrinks yet, my GP is slow on getting the appointments and in a small town there aren't many qualified people who have experience with gender issues.

Currently I wear men's clothes (I feel physically ill if I have to wear any obviously feminine item of clothing), and try to act as much like a man as it's possible to do with D cup boobs and an arse the size of Texas.
And obviously I'm always a guy online... I used to always be open about being a transsexual, but I've decided to be a full-time male from now on.

What you must remember is that transgendered people don't go through all this because we want to, it's a serious condition. I'm not certain of the facts, but I think it's called Gender Dysphoria.
Basically, I was supposed to have been born male, but because of chemical imbalances or something in the womb, that didn't happen and I ended up in a female body.

Since before I can remember I've always been more comfortable around guys than I am with girls, although to be honest I've never exactly been 'comfortable' around either gender.
But for years I've felt that I was in the wrong body.

I guess the only way I can describe it is that it's kind of like walking with your shoes on the wrong feet.
You can feel something's wrong, and other people can see there's something not quite right, but it takes a while to work out what the hell is going on, and you certainly can't lead a normal life until the problem is fixed.

When puberty hit it got damn near unbearable.
I've always been attracted to both genders, and for a while I thought I might be a lesbian, but it didn't feel right.
I mean, I like girls ... but I have no desire to do the same things to them that a lesbian would. It's like... I have the same sexual desires and fantasies that a man does, just not the right tools for the job!
I've tried having relationships with men and women, but I really couldn't handle being treated as a female, and attempting any sexual relations was traumatising at worst and just plain bewildering at best. O_o

I went through a period of extreme denial during most of my school years, infact I grew my hair long and wore ridiculous amounts of cheap pink makeup to try and maintain a "normal" female exterior, but that could only last so long before a total mental collapse started to loom. -_-

Well, I don't know if I should continue.. This has become a pretty massive post, and I've probably already got a bit too graphic. <.<
If you do want me to go on, I will ... but....well, tell me if I'm being a self-obsessed bore.
~tre's_lost_nut~
~tre's_lost_nut~
March 23rd, 2006 at 11:03am
Oh and if you'd like some other people's opinions there are a few helpful websites that I visit:

The Hywic Project
(a group of teens in the kent area of the UK set this board up to help...well....basically anyone. gay, les, straight, bi, trans... it's kind of like the blind leading the blind occasionally but they help a lot)
http://www.hywic.co.uk/phpBB2/index.php

The TG Guide
(Basically everything you ever wanted to know about being Transgendered...a very helpful forum)
http://tgguide.com/

Gender Euphoria
(more celebrating yourself than seeking support, but they're awesome people)
http://gendereuphoria.com/home/index.php
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
March 23rd, 2006 at 01:49pm
Well I haven't actually gone through the change yet, I'm quite a few years away from that.

The general process is that you have to talk to a couple shrinks first just to make sure you're for real and that you're not suicidal or crazy or anything, then you go on hormones to give you facial hair and reduce your breasts, lower your voice, etc. (or the opposite if you're a man who wants to be a woman), and it takes about a year for all that to take effect.
Once that's done with there are many different operations you can choose to have, some people prefer to keep their original private parts but there are very advanced ways of getting new and realistic genitalia.
I haven't even got to the shrinks yet, my GP is slow on getting the appointments and in a small town there aren't many qualified people who have experience with gender issues.

Currently I wear men's clothes (I feel physically ill if I have to wear any obviously feminine item of clothing), and try to act as much like a man as it's possible to do with D cup boobs and an arse the size of Texas.
And obviously I'm always a guy online... I used to always be open about being a transsexual, but I've decided to be a full-time male from now on.

What you must remember is that transgendered people don't go through all this because we want to, it's a serious condition. I'm not certain of the facts, but I think it's called Gender Dysphoria.
Basically, I was supposed to have been born male, but because of chemical imbalances or something in the womb, that didn't happen and I ended up in a female body.

Since before I can remember I've always been more comfortable around guys than I am with girls, although to be honest I've never exactly been 'comfortable' around either gender.

I guess the only way I can describe it is that it's kind of like walking with your shoes on the wrong feet.
You can feel something's wrong, and other people can see there's something not quite right, but it takes a while to work out what the hell is going on, and you certainly can't lead a normal life until the problem is fixed.

I've always been attracted to both genders, and for a while I thought I might be a lesbian, but it didn't feel right.
I mean, I like girls ... but I have no desire to do the same things to them that a lesbian would. It's like... I have the same sexual desires and fantasies that a man does, just not the right tools for the job!
I've tried having relationships with men and women, but I really couldn't handle being treated as a female, and attempting any sexual relations was traumatising at worst and just plain bewildering at best. O_o

I went through a period of extreme denial during most of my school years, infact I grew my hair long and wore ridiculous amounts of cheap pink makeup to try and maintain a "normal" female exterior, but that could only last so long before a total mental collapse started to loom. -_-

Well, I don't know if I should continue.. This has become a pretty massive post, and I've probably already got a bit too graphic. <.<
If you do want me to go on, I will ... but....well, tell me if I'm being a self-obsessed bore.

after reading what you said and looked at the sites you sent us i have changed my mind and ok i understand why some people do it, i know now i was wrong and i am ashamed about that, thanks for being honest and telling your story.
ren
Idiot
ren
March 23rd, 2006 at 02:49pm
thank you for sharing you werent being a 'self obsessive bore' it was extremely helpful to hear your point of view and so were the websites. Thank you for sharing your story it must be hard sometimes, to be 'living in the wrong gender' and if you can offer us anymore insight please do. I think that sometimes its hard to grasp these concepts if youve never experienced them and you definitly put a human element to it.
~tre's_lost_nut~
~tre's_lost_nut~
March 23rd, 2006 at 03:00pm
well thankyou so much for saying so, it means a lot to me to think that my experiances can influence someone to think differently. =)
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
March 23rd, 2006 at 03:22pm
i have no probelm , for example Alexis Arquette
"she" is a very funny ans seems to be a fun and awesome person , for me thats over shadows the gender change
davey jones.
Falling In Love With The Board
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
March 23rd, 2006 at 05:45pm
I guess it all depends on how you're raised...liek if your parents raise you as a boy or girl. It's more mental and emotional than physical...it all depends on how you feel. If a man feels like a woman or a woman feels like a man, then they have the right to look how they feel.
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
March 23rd, 2006 at 05:55pm
I saw this show on Law And Order SVU and this guy turned into a girl but 'he' hadn't had an operation to remove his penis...and 'he/she' had a boyfriend. I couldn't imagine how... painful it must be to hide something like that. Suposedly 'she' finally felt loved by a man as a woman. And 'she' looked absolutely nothing like a man...although she was physically...just not mentally.

Just ..... used this an an example.
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
March 23rd, 2006 at 05:57pm

You should write a book or something. I would read it...^_^ And I think it'd help alot of people....
Dehren McGhengland
Rotting On Here
Dehren McGhengland
March 23rd, 2006 at 06:40pm
I don't really think it's cool. The people who do want sex changes or already had one should just be respectful of who they are.
I think it's silly to go through such a procedure just to become something you're not.
ren
Idiot
ren
March 23rd, 2006 at 09:42pm
Tre'sDominatedLoveSlave.:
I don't really think it's cool. The people who do want sex changes or already had one should just be respectful of who they are.
I think it's silly to go through such a procedure just to become something you're not.

but what if you feel you arent really that gender? should you live a lie?
It Had to Be You.
It Had to Be You.
March 23rd, 2006 at 09:47pm
When someone feels like they aren't in the right gender, it can be such a burden for them.
imrad_xx
Jackass
imrad_xx
March 24th, 2006 at 12:22am
Stutterfly:
Personally... i don't like the idea at all....but people should do what they think will make them happy... so ...yer x]

yer -agrees-
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 24th, 2006 at 11:13am
Tre'sDominatedLoveSlave.:

[bitter-sweet-twisted]:
Stutterfly:
Personally... i don't like the idea at all....but people should do what they think will make them happy... so ...yer x]

yer -agrees-

You people really do know nothing, do you?...
Register