Anti-Censorship

AuthorMessage
mushroom kid
Geek
mushroom kid
November 21st, 2005 at 12:34pm
Brand New Cadillac:
No one bleeps out violence.
No one bleeps out when characters smoke or drink in Disney movies.

uhuh. you're right...

smoking caterpillar(?) in Alice in Wonderland Wink
Fell
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Fell
November 21st, 2005 at 09:48pm
What do you think we would be like if we lived in a world where every thing was beeped and our parents shelted us from the rest of the world?

One day we would wake up and have no idea whats going on. It's sad but One of my friends lives like that. She had no idea about anything that was happening and then one day. Bam it hit and she had no idea what to do.

Thats what high school does to you Sad
mushroom kid
Geek
mushroom kid
November 22nd, 2005 at 01:07pm
Fell:
What do you think we would be like if we lived in a world where every thing was beeped and our parents shelted us from the rest of the world?

One day we would wake up and have no idea whats going on. It's sad but One of my friends lives like that. She had no idea about anything that was happening and then one day. Bam it hit and she had no idea what to do.

hmm a little bit like the way Amish people live if im right? must hit you pretty hard..
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
November 22nd, 2005 at 01:17pm
mushroom kid:
Fell:

hmm a little bit like the way Amish people live if im right? must hit you pretty hard..
Unless they never venture out into the rest of the world. We crazy people and our technology...and them crazy people with their horses.
mushroom kid
Geek
mushroom kid
November 22nd, 2005 at 02:22pm
dirtyhippie:
mushroom kid:
Fell:

Unless they never venture out into the rest of the world. We crazy people and our technology...and them crazy people with their horses.

lol Razz
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
November 22nd, 2005 at 02:34pm
I do like the Amish...and not just cuz they're funny. ...But mostly cuz they're funny. But they do have a worldview that, you have to admit, is pretty tempting, if only to get away from everyone's friggin' cells.
Sara.
This Board Is My Home
Sara.
February 28th, 2006 at 11:11pm
right said fred. hehe
kfk8e
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
kfk8e
March 1st, 2006 at 10:39am
I dunno if this has already been said (I couldn't be bothered to look through all the pages) but to me censorship is what makes things obscene. If swear words and stuff weren't beeped out then they would be in more common use and their meaning would be diluted, therefore someone saying "fuck" would mean the same as someone saying "oops" and everyone would be happier. Wink
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
March 12th, 2006 at 01:02pm
spill_no_sick:
September_has_Ended:
Let me get one thing straight:

This is America (I know, we have people from other countries on this site) we have the right to free speech.

Everytime something is bleeped, I feel like we're losing a bit of that first amendment.

It's okay to say "I'm going to burn your babies" on TV. But god forbid someone would say "shit"
that actually isn't bleeped anymore...but good point
ya, shit is still bleeped i have only heard it not bleeped on an episode of south park where the whole episode was about saying shit. they said it i thin 162 times Cool but its ridiculous, you obviously will know the word, so why bleep it? i really doubt that a toddler will actually pick up a swear or actually want to watch something else than blues clues
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
March 12th, 2006 at 01:08pm
spill_no_sick:
drummer_chick322:
did u hear the hawthorne heights song ohio is for lovers. they censor the word cut. so its "___my wrists and black my eyes". like we dont know what it its.
that video sucked anyway, but we really do know everything they say
they bleep 'trigger' in bat country on MTV, and bleep out 'break' in the im so sick video by flyleaf its i wil break into your thoughts.....with whats written on my heart....i will BREAK.......BREAK! i really dont see how the word break is bad.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
March 12th, 2006 at 01:12pm
tre_cool_is_meh_god:
spill_no_sick:
drummer_chick322:
did u hear the hawthorne heights song ohio is for lovers. they censor the word cut. so its "___my wrists and black my eyes". like we dont know what it its.
that video sucked anyway, but we really do know everything they say
they bleep 'trigger' in bat country on MTV, and bleep out 'break' in the im so sick video by flyleaf its i wil break into your thoughts.....with whats written on my heart....i will BREAK.......BREAK! i really dont see how the word break is bad.

they dont bleep break, thats the radio edit so we dont have to listen to her scream Rolling Eyes Some stations play the version where she screams, most find it annoying as hell, as with the hawthorne heights song.
Warning_iNSOMNIACiDIOT
Geek
Warning_iNSOMNIACiDIOT
April 16th, 2006 at 10:11pm
why bother censoring bad words or such? you will hear it in the real world eventually! and for the parents who don`t want their 14 year-old or 15 year-old to watch a certain show because of language content is not ver rational. there is a high chance that the kid has already heard the word and uses it anyway. maybe even picked it up from them. the kid heard the parent say it. and it`s pretty dumb to censor stuff on TV. i mean, i heard from a friend`s report that people are trying to get the government to conrtol TV. think about it. if the government starts controling TV, who knows what they`ll control next? internet, music. and like previous people, it violates the fisrt ammendment.
Cupid Stunt
Geek
Cupid Stunt
April 17th, 2006 at 09:40am
I don't see the point in censoring everything. I was outraged that when they played some stuff from BIAB on TV at 12:30am, they censored out 'suicide'. I mean please, there's no point in wrapping us up in cotton wool cuz the moment we hit 18 everything's all nasty and cruel so might as well tell it like it is. And hearing the word shit or fuck in a song isn't going to change anything. And as for the violent and graphic movies, we all have to have sex to be alive! You can't make sex illegal! And you've all watched the news, most movies are watered down anyway. You hear about worse stuff in the news.
There is no point in censor or parental advisory. It can all go suck a fuck.
Minority_Under_Dog
Falling In Love With The Board
Minority_Under_Dog

Blog
April 17th, 2006 at 04:46pm
and when they censor out drugs like "dope" or "glue" seomthing. I mean a little kid (who proably shouldnt be watching anyway) would tihnk of a dope as a person and glue as the thing they use in art class. And older kids and adults know what it is anyway so whats the point?
michaeldirnt
Idiot
michaeldirnt
June 27th, 2006 at 02:51am
Censorship = BAD
soon we'll be all talking like how do you do my dear fellow friend

it wrecks song and takes away peoples right to free speech

like i heard ai on the radio a year ago abouts and it bleeped out the whole "well maybe im the faggot, america.im not a part of a redneck agenda"
seriously wtf?
Kitti
Kitti
June 27th, 2006 at 08:57am
michaeldirnt:
Censorship = BAD

like i heard ai on the radio a year ago abouts and it bleeped out the whole "well maybe im the faggot, america.im not a part of a redneck agenda"
seriously wtf?
I won't let my eleven year old cousin listen to the unedited version of that album.

Want to know "seriously wtf?" is up with that?
He's eleven. He's impressionable. He doesn't need to hear those words. He doesn't need to say those words. That's not exactly displaying tolerance. For anyone.

Propriety is part of free speech. If you can't say what you want to say in a way that would not be interpreted as threatening (i.e. swearing), then maybe you shouldn't say it at all. Because there is a clause in that first amendment right here in the States. You have the right to free speech unless it presents a clear and present danger to the public at large. That's like shouting "FIRE" in a movie theater. Or telling someone "I'm going to fucking kill you!!!"

And what's wrong with proper and polite English? It can be a beautiful language, but the vulgar way most people use it doesn't reflect that.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
June 29th, 2006 at 08:48pm
Kitti:
michaeldirnt:
Censorship = BAD

seriously wtf?
I won't let my eleven year old cousin listen to the unedited version of that album.

Want to know "seriously wtf?" is up with that?
He's eleven. He's impressionable. He doesn't need to hear those words. He doesn't need to say those words. That's not exactly displaying tolerance. For anyone.

Propriety is part of free speech. If you can't say what you want to say in a way that would not be interpreted as threatening (i.e. swearing), then maybe you shouldn't say it at all. Because there is a clause in that first amendment right here in the States. You have the right to free speech unless it presents a clear and present danger to the public at large. That's like shouting "FIRE" in a movie theater. Or telling someone "I'm going to fucking kill you!!!"

And what's wrong with proper and polite English? It can be a beautiful language, but the vulgar way most people use it doesn't reflect that.
good point....
CD ratings are over a decade old, don't you think it's time for improvement?

it either says, "parental advisery" or nothing....come one, they don't even have rules to split them between one and another!
Lenny Kravitz says "Fuck" once in the song, "Mr. Cab Driver", but neither album got Parental Advisery
but Gorrilaz say, "fuck" twice on the song, "Clint Eastwood" and the album is Parental Advisery

maybe they should go along with my plan and instead of deciding who should listen, how about just telling us what's on the damn thing
just say
"song about drugs, two F bombs"
The Doctor
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
June 29th, 2006 at 09:04pm
I don't see the point. Where I live, kids know how to swear from as soon as they can talk. Seriously. There's been an 11year old kid that had a baby and a 9 year old on heroin. I doubt that bleeping anything out is going to make much difference
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
June 29th, 2006 at 09:16pm
Joan of Arc of Suburbia:
I don't see the point. Where I live, kids know how to swear from as soon as they can talk. Seriously. There's been an 11year old kid that had a baby and a 9 year old on heroin. I doubt that bleeping anything out is going to make much difference
yeah, but that evidence can be turned around by horrible, lying, scapegoat herding, selfish, hypocritical monsters *cough*politionswives*cough* to be caused by the fact South Park is on the air (because you know how those nine year olds love political satires...
Tyler
King For A Couple Of Days
Tyler
June 29th, 2006 at 10:27pm
Though I repsonally don't like it, I can see censoring some things. However, sometimes I just have to think "WTF?" For example, me and some friends were watching Mind of Mencia, and "Faggot" and "Nigger" (which IMO is worse than "fuck" or "shit"Wink were NOT censored, yet a few minuets later fuck WAS censored.

As for album ratings, I feel that they need a REAL rating system, not just slapping "Parental Advisory" on cds. If you think about it, thats comepltely moronic to just mark an album as "explict", there needs to be some explaination, because I've seen albums that contain ridiculous amounts of swearings (such as Frankenstein Girls Will Seem Strangely Sexy by Mindless Self Indulgence) marked with PA stickers, yet albums that contain one swaer word (My Chemical Romance's album has this, I think) marked as well.
Register