Who Got You Into Green Day?

AuthorMessage
SWISIDNIAK
Geek
SWISIDNIAK
December 24th, 2005 at 11:54am
my older brother...when I was really little MTV and whenever Basketcase came on he'd go "Nina, who are they?" and I said Green Day! Even though I really had no idea who they were...I was right though lol.
Regular Frankie Fan
Falling In Love With The Board
Regular Frankie Fan

Mibba
December 24th, 2005 at 12:03pm
I was seven, at Disneyland, and I heard these two girls in line talking about going up to the Gilman and seeing Green Day and gushing over how hot their new drummer was. Thirteen years later, I'm inclined to agree with them.

Then, three years after that, I was in Southern California again, and my dad turned on the radio and Longview was playing. I have been a punk little monkey ever since.
Isaac Clarke
King For A Couple Of Days
Isaac Clarke
December 24th, 2005 at 12:08pm
My tv when I was four.
ladyramone
Post Whore
ladyramone
December 24th, 2005 at 12:11pm
i was born a green day-er...lmfao Cool they were around when i was born and i would be listening to whatever cds my brothers would listen to, so gd,nirvana,and the smashing pumkins were a few of my first influences Cool..so i guess my brothers even though they hate green day now a days, whatever Cool
derpina
derpina

Mibba Blog
December 24th, 2005 at 12:13pm
I saw boulevard on trl and later they had a harry potter thing on trl (same episode) and they were playing american idiot on the background.
Cazzie_Rocka
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Cazzie_Rocka
December 24th, 2005 at 12:21pm
well my brother had a cd next to the computer and he said it was crap, so when he wasnt lokking i decided to piss him off by taking and hoped he'd notice and get annoyed. But then he never did and when I eventually got around to seeing what was actually on the disc I really loved the music. Green Day Rcok BOOYAH!!
ladyramone
Post Whore
ladyramone
December 24th, 2005 at 12:23pm
Regular Frankie Fan:
I was seven, at Disneyland, and I heard these two girls in line talking about going up to the Gilman and seeing Green Day and gushing over how hot their new drummer was. Thirteen years later, I'm inclined to agree with them.

Then, three years after that, I was in Southern California again, and my dad turned on the radio and Longview was playing. I have been a punk little monkey ever since.
Laughing Cool
FeeneyKid
Jackass
FeeneyKid
December 24th, 2005 at 12:24pm
ladyramone:
Regular Frankie Fan:

Laughing Cool
Sweet Cheese!! I only got into them early this year Sad Makes me sound like a saddo
ladyramone
Post Whore
ladyramone
December 24th, 2005 at 12:24pm
the_reverand:
when i saw billie joe stuff a wad of mud in his mouth at Woodstock '94 Very Happy
Cool cuz thats how its done! Five Beer lol Cool
ladyramone
Post Whore
ladyramone
December 24th, 2005 at 12:25pm
BillieGoatsAreUnderrated:
ladyramone:
Regular Frankie Fan:

Laughing Cool
Sweet Cheese!! I only got into them early this year Sad Makes me sound like a saddo
lmfao dont worry about that! im sure your awesome anyway anytime you got into em! Cool
FeeneyKid
Jackass
FeeneyKid
December 24th, 2005 at 12:25pm
lol I WROTE A GREEN DAY XMAS POEM FOR TRIPPY_PROZAC!! lol shes probably not awake yet so she probably hasnt read it
Expressway To Yr Skull
Expressway To Yr Skull
December 24th, 2005 at 12:37pm
FAT MIKE.
i <3 Fat Mike
Ten Years Gone
Idiot
Ten Years Gone
December 24th, 2005 at 12:39pm
No one. I found out about them on my own.
Adi_Rox_My_Sox
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Adi_Rox_My_Sox
December 24th, 2005 at 01:31pm
uh.. Vh1? They played American Idiot one morning and I was mesmorized.
villevaloismahomie
Idiot
villevaloismahomie
December 24th, 2005 at 01:39pm
Adi_Rox_My_Sox:
same....i heard Time of Your Life ages ago on the radio but niether knew nor cared who sung it. Then i got the bejeezes scared outta me when i saw the American Idiot video, but i still liked it, and then i saw the Time of Your Life video and was like ' Shocked *gasp*....that's the same dude that was singing and killing his guitar in green slime in that other video!!' Then i heard BOBD and was hooked. Cool
GreendayRoxs518
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
GreendayRoxs518
December 24th, 2005 at 01:57pm
I found out about them last year because this kid at school had a GD shirt on.
I went up to him and asked "What does Green day meen?" he said "It's my favorite band"
Later he showed me there songs and I fell in love with Green Day. Now I think he really regrets showing me..... Laughing
Adi_Rox_My_Sox
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Adi_Rox_My_Sox
December 24th, 2005 at 01:57pm
AmericanIdiot1:
Adi_Rox_My_Sox:
same....i heard Time of Your Life ages ago on the radio but niether knew nor cared who sung it. Then i got the bejeezes scared outta me when i saw the American Idiot video, but i still liked it, and then i saw the Time of Your Life video and was like ' Shocked *gasp*....that's the same dude that was singing and killing his guitar in green slime in that other video!!' Then i heard BOBD and was hooked. Cool

Yeah.. I heard Good Riddance when I was little and I liked it. I was at one Green Day site and I was listenin to the ringtones. I heard Good Riddance and the words instantly popped into my head. Then I bought Nimrod. Smile
Expressway To Yr Skull
Expressway To Yr Skull
December 24th, 2005 at 02:01pm
AmericanIdiot1:
Adi_Rox_My_Sox:
i heard the ballad of wilhelm fink, favorite son, and jesus of suburbia and i was like "hmm"
so i bought american idiot on september 25th-ish (04, durr) and i was like "damn"
then in early october i went out again and bough Nimrod and Warning and i was hooked.
so by 2005 i had all off their albums and then some.
woot woot
I Heart Bunney
I Heart Bunney
December 24th, 2005 at 02:47pm
My goodself. =)
Tigger
Geek
Tigger

Mibba Blog
December 24th, 2005 at 03:19pm
I heard TOYL on the radio when I was in 1st grade and I loved the song..and then I kept hearing a lot of other songs..and I loved them..and then I heard BOBD on the radio and I loved it..and my older brother was singing it and he told me who it was and I looked them up on the internet and watched the TOYL vid and fell in love with them. The rest is history. Wink
Register