worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
June 17th, 2007 at 03:44pm
Anji:
Vukodlak.:
Anji:
Skatanic.:
It could be common sense. :/
And how do you achieve common sense? Not everyone has it.
Parents can put that common sense in you. Your society as well. As Kurtni said its not only a religious thing.
Confused
?

You parents can raise you to have prejudices and hatred towards everyone different, but they can raise you to think the opposite. Your friends can influence you as well. I have seen kids being anti-antisemitic cause they parents said its ok to be like that. Maybe God gives us that conciseness when we are born, but its up to us to grow it.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 17th, 2007 at 04:05pm
Anji:
I never said anything about achieving it. It's just something to recognise and cherish. I happen to believe that it is something God given that prevents people from becoming utterly mad.

Well, then why did you say earlier that some people don't have it? I doubt god would discriminate with who he gives it too. And how can god force certain beliefs on you like common sense, doesn't he provide you with free will?
December Cynic
Geek
December Cynic

Mibba Blog
June 18th, 2007 at 02:03am
obsession.:
I believe in God.
If you dont thats cool.
But your discriminating yourself Rolling Eyes
Oh! Christians do this and do that, they discriminate against other people. Not just Christians do that.
The reason your friend drags you to church and shoves her religion down your throat is cause they wanna help its what they're told makes a good christian.
If a person you love goes to Hell and you knew you could change that it makes you feel guilty.
You dont believe in God, but what if God was real? And when you die you face him? what are you going to say? I know that if he isnt real it wont be any skin off my back. Cause i'll be dead.
I dont know about people who dont believe and go to Hell.
But then again...if you were a nice person all your life you just denied God do you still go to Hell?
Nothing is for certain. And I thik this should go under Religion and Violence or Prejudice towards Christians.

I happen to be Athiest myself, but I come from a Christian family. My family strongly believes in God and are proud to be Christians. But, let me tell you this, Christians are not told to shove their religion down someone's throat. One does not measure how "good of a Christian" they are by the number of people they've converted. God does not instruct his followers to force others to believe in him.
You're Christian, you should know that.

-

On the topic of why I don't believe...

(1. The Bible
In my opinion, the Bible is just one giant joke. I honestly think some raving lunatics decided they'd write a funny story one day. The stuff inside it just sounds crazy. Completely unbelievable, to me. I think all Christians are merely victims to the world's most popular fiction novel.

(2. "God"
I find it quite hard to believe that some guy just decided, "Hey, I think I'll make some people! Aww...They look lonely. I'll make plants and animals, too!" It's bullshit.

(3. Bible thumpers
I hate those damn Bible thumpers, the ones who eat, sleep, live and breath the Bible. They broadcast it to the world, trying to get people to convert. It's annoying. I mean, cool. You're passionate about your religion. But don't dare try and force me to become a Christian. I've had many experiences with people like them and, quite honestly, I got sick of hearing about how great "God" is and how his word is what I should live by.

(4. Discrimination
Let's face it, a lot of Christians discriminate against pretty much anyone who isn't a Christian/doesn't lead a Christian life. Take homosexuals, for example. Terrible names and insults are thrown at them. Granted, they're not all from Christian mouths, but you get my point. And when a gay couple wants to get married, they can't. Why? Because "the Bible" says that marriage is between a man and a women. I mean, what happened to seperation of church and state...?

That's all from me =]
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
June 18th, 2007 at 02:41pm
Kurtni:
Anji:
I never said anything about achieving it. It's just something to recognise and cherish. I happen to believe that it is something God given that prevents people from becoming utterly mad.

Well, then why did you say earlier that some people don't have it? I doubt god would discriminate with who he gives it too. And how can god force certain beliefs on you like common sense, doesn't he provide you with free will?
OK, that was misleading. Everyone has common sense and some people don't use it. Better?
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
June 18th, 2007 at 02:53pm
(1. The Bible
In my opinion, the Bible is just one giant joke. I honestly think some raving lunatics decided they'd write a funny story one day. The stuff inside it just sounds crazy. Completely unbelievable, to me. I think all Christians are merely victims to the world's most popular fiction novel.

Why would anyone bother writing thousands of pages of faction and call it fact, I don't know. But maybe they are merely trying to get a point across. The Bible has always used very strong symbolism and characterisation which is very clever, employing effective literary devices instead of just telling it like it is. That is why the Bible out sells the Qua'ran.

(2. "God"
I find it quite hard to believe that some guy just decided, "Hey, I think I'll make some people! Aww...They look lonely. I'll make plants and animals, too!" It's bullshit.

It's bullshit because there were animals and plants first, then came the people. Does that make it all better?

(3. Bible thumpers
I hate those damn Bible thumpers, the ones who eat, sleep, live and breath the Bible. They broadcast it to the world, trying to get people to convert. It's annoying. I mean, cool. You're passionate about your religion. But don't dare try and force me to become a Christian. I've had many experiences with people like them and, quite honestly, I got sick of hearing about how great "God" is and how his word is what I should live by.

Yeah, all those alcoholics that have been cured by that stupid book. 'God' whether you believe Him or not has helped many people even as just a ficional character. Many peoples lives have improved a great deal because they converted.

(4. Discrimination
Let's face it, a lot of Christians discriminate against pretty much anyone who isn't a Christian/doesn't lead a Christian life. Take homosexuals, for example. Terrible names and insults are thrown at them. Granted, they're not all from Christian mouths, but you get my point. And when a gay couple wants to get married, they can't. Why? Because "the Bible" says that marriage is between a man and a women. I mean, what happened to seperation of church and state...?

There are pleanty of churches that allow same sex marriages. If a gay couple can't get married it is the fault of the government for being biased towards Christianity, not Christianity's fault for being Christian. And I have never discriminated anyone. Not only that, but I'm also a Buddhist. And I don't discriminate myself. And I actually have never heard a Christian ever discriminate someone else except on overly dramatic television shows.
December Cynic
Geek
December Cynic

Mibba Blog
June 18th, 2007 at 06:21pm
(1. The Bible

Why would anyone bother writing thousands of pages of faction and call it fact, I don't know. But maybe they are merely trying to get a point across. The Bible has always used very strong symbolism and characterisation which is very clever, employing effective literary devices instead of just telling it like it is. That is why the Bible out sells the Qua'ran.

As I said before, I believe that raving lunatics wrote the Bible. Lunatics call everything whatever the fuck they want. It could be a fiction novel, and they just called it non-fiction so people believed them. I don't believe in it. That's that.

(2. "God"

It's bullshit because there were animals and plants first, then came the people. Does that make it all better?

Okay, so the plants and the animals were the lonely ones. It's still impossible to believe.

(3. Bible thumpers

Yeah, all those alcoholics that have been cured by that stupid book. 'God' whether you believe Him or not has helped many people even as just a ficional character. Many peoples lives have improved a great deal because they converted.

I never called the Bible stupid. I don't appreciate you using that term and damaging my character. And it's nice that people have been helped by "God" and the Bible, I never denied that. I never said otherwise. If they believe it and it works for them, great. Let them live their lives like that. All I'm saying is I hate Christians who won't leave others alone, and let them live their lives how they want.

(4. Discrimination

There are pleanty of churches that allow same sex marriages. If a gay couple can't get married it is the fault of the government for being biased towards Christianity, not Christianity's fault for being Christian. And I have never discriminated anyone. Not only that, but I'm also a Buddhist. And I don't discriminate myself. And I actually have never heard a Christian ever discriminate someone else except on overly dramatic television shows.

I agree with your first two lines. As for the rest of it, that's nice for you. You haven't been exposed to the kind of hatred that Christians express towards Agnostics, Athiets, homosexuals, etc. I have, first hand. For me, those experiences have really turned me off of the Christian religion and it's followers.
Macfadyen
Basket Case
Macfadyen
June 18th, 2007 at 06:40pm
Anji:
Why would anyone bother writing thousands of pages of faction and call it fact, I don't know.

Power? Money? Look at all the people they're controlling.
robotchicken.
Falling In Love With The Board
robotchicken.

Mibba
June 18th, 2007 at 07:14pm
Soda loves Sylar:

I agree with your first two lines. As for the rest of it, that's nice for you. You haven't been exposed to the kind of hatred that Christians express towards Agnostics, Athiets, homosexuals, etc. I have, first hand. For me, those experiences have really turned me off of the Christian religion and it's followers.
Well, you apparently havent met all the Christians in this world to put THAT JUDGEMENT on them....on me. You say how they hate homosexuals, agnostics, athiests and I GUESS EVERYBODY EXCEPT THEM under the sun. Because they're the only ones who hate? Everybody hates, driscriminates,etc. Oh but not even is Christian so thats ok, no one will ever say anything about them. But I guess they have...WE'RE STUCK IN A CYCLE OF HATE. You've only seen Christians who HATE, who are hypocrites, who obviously dont understand their own religion. Jesus wanted everyone to love each other even their enemy. How is hatred towards others the right Christianity or anything? It's NOT. So maybe you should rethink about turning your back on its followers. Because guess what not all of them are the same. Take me for example. Take my church for example just this past Sunday the pastor was saying how we SHOULD'NT TURN OUR BACK ON ANYONE. NOT HOMOSEXUALS, NOT DRUG DEALERS, MURDERS, PEOPLE WHO ARE LOST AND WANT MEANING.
Because we're not the ones to judge, we should open our arms to anyone. And forgive.
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
June 18th, 2007 at 07:16pm
Skatanic.:
Anji:
Why would anyone bother writing thousands of pages of faction and call it fact, I don't know.

Because their was a printing company in Bible times? So it wasn't money. Power? How would it bring power to them if they wrote to follow God, Jesus, the holy ghost?
Macfadyen
Basket Case
Macfadyen
June 18th, 2007 at 08:03pm
obsession.:
Skatanic.:
Anji:

Because their was a printing company in Bible times? So it wasn't money. Power? How would it bring power to them if they wrote to follow God, Jesus, the holy ghost?

Not money in selling Bibles. Money, power and wealth of the churches and priests and all that.
I'll admit it right now that I don't know an incredible amount about history, but if you look back, the church has always been pretty high up, pretty wealthy. *shrug*
And controlling so many people is power, how is it not? Someone could easily have considered this to be an amusing, sick little joke.
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
June 18th, 2007 at 08:32pm
Skatanic.:
obsession.:
Skatanic.:
Anji:

Not money in selling Bibles. Money, power and wealth of the churches and priests and all that.
I'll admit it right now that I don't know an incredible amount about history, but if you look back, the church has always been pretty high up, pretty wealthy. *shrug*
And controlling so many people is power, how is it not? Someone could easily have considered this to be an amusing, sick little joke.
Not all churches have money and power. Certainly not wealth for the pastors over here.
You're more along the lines of those churches on TV that constantly tell you to give hundreds of dollars. Big priests and pastors that tell you to whip out credit cards. Ive been to one of those, and i felt it as wrong. Hell, even my mother who is BIG into giving to the church didnt like it the idea of the church asking for so much and the pastors and stuff say to reach into our bags and give all we've got.
But Christianity didnt even get big until 300 years after the death of Christ. I think thats when churchs started to rise and untimately get corrupt. But the greed of people and so forth should be something to hold against God [to me or if you believe in HIm] or Jesus. People made it that way they use God as a front. Because they know you wont give if they say "WE wanna become rich pastors and have alot unlike you who will just become poorer."
On the power thing I was speaking more about the disciples that the people of today.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 18th, 2007 at 08:55pm
Skatanic.:
Anji:

Meg Smart girl.
December Cynic
Geek
December Cynic

Mibba Blog
June 18th, 2007 at 10:28pm
robotchicken.:
Soda loves Sylar:

Well, you apparently havent met all the Christians in this world to put THAT JUDGEMENT on them....on me. You say how they hate homosexuals, agnostics, athiests and I GUESS EVERYBODY EXCEPT THEM under the sun. Because they're the only ones who hate? Everybody hates, driscriminates,etc. Oh but not even is Christian so thats ok, no one will ever say anything about them. But I guess they have...WE'RE STUCK IN A CYCLE OF HATE. You've only seen Christians who HATE, who are hypocrites, who obviously dont understand their own religion. Jesus wanted everyone to love each other even their enemy. How is hatred towards others the right Christianity or anything? It's NOT. So maybe you should rethink about turning your back on its followers. Because guess what not all of them are the same. Take me for example. Take my church for example just this past Sunday the pastor was saying how we SHOULD'NT TURN OUR BACK ON ANYONE. NOT HOMOSEXUALS, NOT DRUG DEALERS, MURDERS, PEOPLE WHO ARE LOST AND WANT MEANING.
Because we're not the ones to judge, we should open our arms to anyone. And forgive.

Actually, my family members are passionate Christians. So the whole "you've only met negative Chrisitans" thing is irrelivant.
And wow. You and your church are perfect! Good for you!
All I'm doing is telling you why I don't believe in "God" or "the Bible". You can attempt to analyze that all you want. I won't stop you. But you'll just be wasting your time.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
June 19th, 2007 at 01:34pm
Skatanic.:
Anji:

Look at all the people they aren't controlling. The stories in the Bible are so streched and virtually impossible to concieve, yet many people are Christians. There is more to God than the Bible says. There's Jesus and his disciples, all of which were not alive during the insertion of the New Testement. Yet they had many admirers, there is more to Christianity than the stories. It's the morals that people really listened to, and the lessons that Jesus had taught others.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
June 19th, 2007 at 01:36pm
By the way, robotchicken. I love Robot Chicken.
Brendon Urie..
King For A Couple Of Days
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
June 19th, 2007 at 07:24pm
Was anyone taught that you can go to heaven simply by leading a good life?
Just curious.
I never was.
I'd like to believe that a Christian denomination actually teaches that.
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
June 19th, 2007 at 10:24pm
Soda loves Sylar:

Actually, my family members are passionate Christians. So the whole "you've only met negative Chrisitans" thing is irrelivant.
All I'm doing is telling you why I don't believe in "God" or "the Bible". You can attempt to analyze that all you want. I won't stop you. But you'll just be wasting your time.
All Im telling you we're not all the same. So why turn your back on me? If im not one of those negative Christians, no matter what you believe.
On a side note im getting tired of this thread. I mean we go on and on about our individual beliefs and how nobody is going to change them, and how nobody knows the truth about anything. All im getting out of this thread is a BIG cycle of repetition :/ .....
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
June 19th, 2007 at 10:27pm
Anji:
By the way, robotchicken. I love Robot Chicken.
tehe Its my new love.
Macfadyen
Basket Case
Macfadyen
June 19th, 2007 at 10:31pm
Anji:
Skatanic.:
Anji:

Look at all the people they aren't controlling. The stories in the Bible are so streched and virtually impossible to concieve, yet many people are Christians. There is more to God than the Bible says. There's Jesus and his disciples, all of which were not alive during the insertion of the New Testement. Yet they had many admirers, there is more to Christianity than the stories. It's the morals that people really listened to, and the lessons that Jesus had taught others.

I don't understand, what's your point? They're still controlling a lot of people.. something is more than nothing. o.o
And I'm pretty sure Jesus wasn't the first person with good morals.
Macfadyen
Basket Case
Macfadyen
June 19th, 2007 at 10:33pm
robotchicken.:
Soda loves Sylar:

All Im telling you we're not all the same. So why turn your back on me? If im not one of those negative Christians, no matter what you believe.
On a side note im getting tired of this thread. I mean we go on and on about our individual beliefs and how nobody is going to change them, and how nobody knows the truth about anything. All im getting out of this thread is a BIG cycle of repetition :/ .....

It is pretty pointless. No one's going to change their beliefs because another person challenges them.
Register