Why Don't You Believe?

AuthorMessage
I'mComing.BeScared.
King For A Couple Of Days
I'mComing.BeScared.
July 24th, 2007 at 10:24pm
But the most important is- Chistian SHOULD and HAVE TO be tolerant for other religions and atheists.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
July 24th, 2007 at 10:26pm
And she was tolerant.
I'mComing.BeScared.
I'mComing.BeScared.
July 24th, 2007 at 10:33pm
I dont understand her. I would never call someone "devil worshiper"... She's really strange.
What denomination of christian is she?
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
July 24th, 2007 at 10:40pm
I think Evangelican. But I'm not too sure.

And she called me a devil worshipper simply because I was to her.
I'mComing.BeScared.
I'mComing.BeScared.
July 24th, 2007 at 10:44pm
OMG

Protestants has specific attitude for others sometimes....Especially for their lifes. I would never understand them.
Mike Dirnt.
Mike Dirnt.

Mibba
July 25th, 2007 at 12:25pm
Why don't I believe in God?
We cannot see 'God'. I don't like trusting things that has no proof of existance.
There is so much pain and hurting in the world, if 'God' loved us like we're told he does, why does he inflict this pain on people?
Yes, it may be us hurting them but I thought 'God' was meant to help the victims? I don't see how something that has no proof can create a whole world, a whole race. And if 'He' wanted us to believe in Him and His son, Jesus, why didn't he make the whole world Christian?
The Big Bang seems more realistic to me than somebody coming along and thinking one day he would make a world in seven days.

I have no problem with people who believe in Christianity though.
It's your own life and choices.
What I don't like is when Christians start pestering you because you don't believe in God.
It's utter crap.
Why should we be forced to believe in something?
Why can't they tolerate differences in beliefs? They may think it's right to believe in 'God', but others don't.
Religions are hypocritical.
And they say that homosexuality is a sin, right?
But I thought 'God' accepted all people?

I just don't believe in a book that could have been written by anybody. It could be total fiction.

There's no proof it happened, there is no proof that there is any God at all.
I'mComing.BeScared.
I'mComing.BeScared.
July 25th, 2007 at 02:13pm
I think that's ok that someone is atheist. It's his choice.

All religious people belive in the same God. We just gave Him many different names.
wfougoafoihqfe
Falling In Love With The Board
wfougoafoihqfe
July 25th, 2007 at 02:39pm
HysteriaCatherine:

All religious people belive in the same God. We just gave Him many different names.
?

What about Buddhists?
I'mComing.BeScared.
I'mComing.BeScared.
July 25th, 2007 at 02:53pm
Erm... Buddhism is a kind of philosophy. Buddha is NOT a god just a perfect , ideal human.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
July 25th, 2007 at 04:28pm
HysteriaCatherine:
Erm... Buddhism is a kind of philosophy. Buddha is NOT a god just a perfect , ideal human.
He wasn't perfect or ideal at all, that's why he represents Buddhism. Buddhism is very strictly non-thiestic. Buddha was the sort of representative of the religion because of his past flaws which accentuated his humanity.

Of course this depends on what form of Buddhism you are looking in to so this is just from my learnings as a Thai Buddhist. But in Thederava Buddhism, Buddha is seen as superior to gods and humans. I think that's rubbish in comparison to what Buddhism teaches.
I'mComing.BeScared.
I'mComing.BeScared.
July 25th, 2007 at 04:33pm
But I still think that buddhism is a life philosophy. It's difficult to make it's definition.
robotchicken.
Falling In Love With The Board
robotchicken.

Mibba
July 26th, 2007 at 03:11am
HomoChair.TreeHugger:
We cannot see 'God'. I don't like trusting things that has no proof of existance.
We cannot see wind but we feel it, just like people who believe in God they feel he/she/it is there.
There is so much pain and hurting in the world, if 'God' loved us like we're told he does, why does he inflict this pain on people?
People inflict pain on themselves. Remember we have free will to do what we want, and we choose to hurt each other
Yes, it may be us hurting them but I thought 'God' was meant to help the victims? I don't see how something that has no proof can create a whole world, a whole race. Alot of scienetific things have no proof, some still take them very seriously. And if 'He' wanted us to believe in Him and His son, Jesus, why didn't he make the whole world Christian? What you mean like robots?
The Big Bang seems more realistic to me than somebody coming along and thinking one day he would make a world in seven days. The Big Bang could be how the universe was created but now why was the universe created?Does anybody have an answer to that?

What I don't like is when Christians start pestering you because you don't believe in God.
It's utter crap.
Why can't they tolerate differences in beliefs? They may think it's right to believe in 'God', but others don't.

I just don't believe in a book that could have been written by anybody. It could be total fiction.

There's no proof it happened, there is no proof that there is any God at all. The really is no proof to anything. But we keep believeing it's all very real.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
July 26th, 2007 at 03:28am
HysteriaCatherine:
Shadow of a Doubt:
I believe in God and Jesus Christ. Infact I go to church almost every week. Usually because we couldn't on Saturday(like we usually do) and we are to lazy to wake up on Sunday morning to go). Also, I wear a crucific [sp?] every single day. I love my crucific b/c my priest got it in Vatican City and the Pope blessed it. Infact, I have 2 of them. One was baptized by Pope John Paul II and the other by Pope Benedict. I love my crosses so I wear one every day. I wear them so people can see them. I want people to know I believe in God and that I'm proud of my believes.

Yeah.

What's that suppose to mean?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 28th, 2007 at 07:31am
HysteriaCatherine:

and what about religions with multiple gods?
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
July 28th, 2007 at 10:56am
HysteriaCatherine:
But I still think that buddhism is a life philosophy. It's difficult to make it's definition.
But there is no God. We don't worship any gods at all. Well, Buddhists in general.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
July 28th, 2007 at 06:05pm
HomoChair.TreeHugger:
Yes, it may be us hurting them but I thought 'God' was meant to help the victims? I don't see how something that has no proof can create a whole world, a whole race.

And other religious people have proof for his existence and that’s why they believe? What you have posted makes no sense. Yeah sure, God hasn't been proven, but I don't see anyone who has proven that he doesn't exist. I don't see how something that has no proof can create a whole world, a whole race. Neither can Christians, but that’s not why you believe (or don't) in God. I understand that some people just need proof, but religion isn't something you can touch, it isn't something you can prove. It’s something spiritual, something that you feel if you believe. To real believers it doesn't have to be proven. And God doesn't inflict this pain to people; other people do that to each other. The easiest thing is to blame God, maybe we should look at ourselves sometimes? God isn't here to solve our every problem. He gave men the free will, it would be hypocritical to take it away.

HomoChair.TreeHugger:

And if 'He' wanted us to believe in Him and His son, Jesus, why didn't he make the whole world Christian?
He gave us free will to choose, he isn't some totalitarian dictator to force his will upon us.

HomoChair.TreeHugger:

The Big Bang seems more realistic to me than somebody coming along and thinking one day he would make a world in seven days.
You know its a metaphor, right? Besides a lot of people don’t really believe in it, but yet they still believe in God. You all use the "making of the world theory" as some example; it’s not the most important thing in Christianity.

HomoChair.TreeHugger:

It's utter crap.

There's no proof it happened, there is no proof that there is any God at all.
I love it how you say Christians do this, Christians do that... Not all Christians are pestering. Actually I don't even understand why you all are saying that Christians make other religions feel less important, that they force their beliefs upon others? I have never seen a Christian do that. But I have seen a lot of atheists say that God sucks, that he doesn’t exists, that how can he be so mean and let all this pain be. Well you know, that’s making a Christian feel bad, that’s forcing your beliefs on him. Yeah they feel its right to believe in God cause it their fucking belief.

Oh and religion and faith isn’t the same thing. Following a religion and believing in God doesn’t have to be the same thing. Agnosticism. Agnostics believe there is a God, but that humans aren’t intelligent enough to define him. Therefore they don’t believe in religion.

That’s why I asked if we are discussing religion or God here because those two aren’t the same thing. I can’t see from some of the post here if they are against God or Christianity. Hey, I’m the first one not to follow any religion, I’m an ex-Catholic for that matter, but I do believe in God. A lot. And sometimes I’m just sick of all this “we-think-we-are-so-smart” posts. You are talking about tolerance yet you don’t have any.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
July 28th, 2007 at 08:03pm
People who take the Bible literary have no imagination. Hand
anesthetic_parade
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
anesthetic_parade
July 29th, 2007 at 01:53am
i think people choose to believe in God by the way hes repersented
by other people not by what they learn for themselvs
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
October 31st, 2007 at 04:02am
Have I got something for you guys! The other day I was reading the newspaper and this guy wrote a letter to the editorial (or reader form). Here's what he had to say:

After I read that I was like, "This guy is awesome!" Too cool
He is so right. If I was Atheist and someone said that to me...I would be speechless.
vonny
Admin
vonny

Mibba Blog
October 31st, 2007 at 04:27am
How can you go somewhere you don't believe in though? If you don't believe it exists, then in your mind it doesn't, therefore you can't end up there.

I don't believe there is a heaven or hell beyond life. Heaven and hell is life. There is nothing greater then being alive, yet there is nothing worse than being alive. It all comes down to how you choose to live your life.

"...regretting their arrogant decision not to believe."

It annoys me when people think that everybody has to believe a certain way. There is no right way. It's not arrogant to choose not to believe in God. To me it's arrogant to think that everybody has to believe.

Everybody has their own choices and there's no right or wrong in what to believe in. I just don't like it when people force their beliefs upon others, condemning those who don't believe in what they do.
Register