AuthorMessage
mep
Geek
mep
January 28th, 2006 at 07:47am
Yin and Yang
Good and Bad
Right and Wrong

...and then you need to consider 'point of view'...

A necessary evil?

Do you think death is good or bad? Right or wrong?
Should we be made to suffer?

Can you imagine a world without evil?
Where do you start?
How do you learn?

Limitations to how you think, feel, and act would need to be applied.

Would it be too easy..?

"God put a smile upon your face"

I listen to the lyrics of this song and it's like,
'God made you smile -he gave you what you have... and then he's going to judge you. He's going to compare you.'

Anyway... what's this thread about?

J/k
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 28th, 2006 at 08:14am
And is something actually wrong/evil until it is commited?

Let me explain. Say someone..let's call him Bob, believed murder was right, and thought that all black people should die. Is he evil, or is he only evil once he's COMMITED the murder of a black person, or is he just evil for thinking those things?

Has God commited anything here? Can He be blamed for the murder of thousands of people, and can we just blame free will (which comes from God)?
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 28th, 2006 at 08:24am
Nine_Inch_Nails:
And is something actually wrong/evil until it is commited?

Let me explain. Say someone..let's call him Bob, believed murder was right, and thought that all black people should die. Is he evil, or is he only evil once he's COMMITED the murder of a black person, or is he just evil for thinking those things?

Has God commited anything here? Can He be blamed for the murder of thousands of people, and can we just blame free will (which comes from God)?

Personally...I'd be liable to agree with NeoSteph and say that Bob has been influenced by the world around him, not directly from God. But say God did create Bob, and gave him free will. Exit God. What Bob does with this Free Will is beyond the power of God. It's like giving a person a car and saying; "Here you go, I'm giving you this car free of charge. Take it away, and do what you want with it, but if you crash the car and kill a kindly old woman with ten Granchildren, I'm not to blame"

Now, let's cut out God entirely. Bob's parents brought Bob into the world via regular human reproduction, nothing attached. As a baby, Bob was ordinary, simple and adorable as many children are. However, as he matures into an Adult, he becomes inclined to hate Black men, through the influence of others. Now, you can't deny he is being influenced by someone. We all like to say we're individual, but the fact of the matter is, we are heavily affected by the world around us, the people we meet, the things we see and do.

And I'm a strong believer in that if he hasn't comitted a crime yet, he has done no wrong anyway.
HavingAGreenDay
HavingAGreenDay

Mibba
January 28th, 2006 at 10:14am
I haven't looked at that site you posted yet, because I want to give my own untainted views.

I think God is evil for a number of reasons:

Number one- He wishes to inflict an eternity of burning pain in hell to anyone who questions his exsistence, or 'sins'.

Number two- He's mean to women. It was just a fucking apple! He's the one that put the tempting fucking tree there in the first place. Twisted bastard...

Number three- Adam ate the apple too. (Oh adams apple, just noticed that) Adam should have got just as bad of a punishment, he knew what he was doing when he ate it.

Number four- If people are your children, and you supposedly love them. Why wouldn't you want them to do pleasurable things? Like drink/drugs/sex. Those are all pleasures in moderation, and as long as they're natural pleasures, why should it be a sin?

I'll look at that site now...
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 28th, 2006 at 10:22am
HavingAGreenDay:
I haven't looked at that site you posted yet, because I want to give my own untainted views.

Number one- He wishes to inflict an eternity of burning pain in hell to anyone who questions his exsistence, or 'sins'.

Number two- He's mean to women. It was just a fucking apple! He's the one that put the tempting fucking tree there in the first place. Twisted bastard...

Number three- Adam ate the apple too. (Oh adams apple, just noticed that) Adam should have got just as bad of a punishment, he knew what he was doing when he ate it.

Number four- If people are your children, and you supposedly love them. Why wouldn't you want them to do pleasurable things? Like drink/drugs/sex. Those are all pleasures in moderation, and as long as they're natural pleasures, why should it be a sin?

If I have to explain to anyone ever again the Genesis is not based on fact, I will forcibly liquidate them with my bare hands. ¬_¬

Jeez, even many hardcore Christians accept the Gensis is nothing but a story, fantasy, fable, whatever...It still has a good moral standing point! Thus, it serves its purpose well.

Also, Drink, Drugs and Sex are not forbidden by God. Remeber the wedding at Cana?.

And as for point numero uno...Jesus dies for our sins, remeber?. God loves us all, remeber?. We are forgiven for our sins. Nobody goes to hell. Hell was a device created to instill restraint in people.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 28th, 2006 at 10:58am
Bloodraine:
HavingAGreenDay:

If I have to explain to anyone ever again the Genesis is not based on fact, I will forcibly liquidate them with my bare hands. ¬_¬

Jeez, even many hardcore Christians accept the Gensis is nothing but a story, fantasy, fable, whatever...It still has a good moral standing point! Thus, it serves its purpose well.

Also, Drink, Drugs and Sex are not forbidden by God. Remeber the wedding at Cana?.

And as for point numero uno...Jesus dies for our sins, remeber?. God loves us all, remeber?. We are forgiven for our sins. Nobody goes to hell. Hell was a device created to instill restraint in people.

You're not allowed to have sex until you're married...

"It is easier to fit a camel through the eye of a needle, than it is for a rich man to get into the Kingdom of God".

If you're rich, you're going to hell. That's what it's saying, because you have to always put other people before you, as well as following all the ten commandments, one of which is "thou shalt have no God before me", which means if you worship anyone else above him, then you'll be going to hell.
11th Street Kid
King For A Couple Of Days
11th Street Kid
January 28th, 2006 at 11:19am
God sounds really mean, to me.

He says we all have free will.. but we have to worship him and give up everything we have for him..
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 28th, 2006 at 11:20am
*Blue Star*-I Can Eat You:
God sounds really mean, to me.

He says we all have free will.. but we have to worship him and give up everything we have for him..

We don't have to.
I know I certainly don't.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 28th, 2006 at 11:23am
Nine_Inch_Nails:

"It is easier to fit a camel through the eye of a needle, than it is for a rich man to get into the Kingdom of God".

If you're rich, you're going to hell. That's what it's saying, because you have to always put other people before you, as well as following all the ten commandments, one of which is "thou shalt have no God before me", which means if you worship anyone else above him, then you'll be going to hell.

If you worship other Gods than then I don't know what the hell you're doing taking any notice to what the Christian God has to say...And then complaining about him in the first place.

That commandment is obsolete. A person with another God should have no need to listen to the Christian God.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 28th, 2006 at 11:25am
Bloodraine:
Nine_Inch_Nails:

If you worship other Gods than then I don't know what the hell you're doing taking any notice to what the Christian God has to say...And then complaining about him in the first place.

I don't take any notice of him O.o
I'm not O.o

I'm trying to get a good debate going on, and looking at it from a Christian's point of view, as I said in an earlier post.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 28th, 2006 at 11:29am
Nine_Inch_Nails:
I'm not O.o

I'm trying to get a good debate going on, and looking at it from a Christian's point of view, as I said in an earlier post.

But Christians do only have one God...So if you are Christian, you won't have to abide by that commandment.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 28th, 2006 at 11:30am
Bloodraine:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
I'm not O.o

But Christians do only have one God...So if you are Christian, you won't have to abide by that commandment.

Ohh, I see what you mean now.
No, I didn't actually mean that. I meant, if you got married and worshipped your husband more than your God, if you get me now?
Sorry for any misunderstandings Embarassed
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 28th, 2006 at 11:38am
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Bloodraine:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
I'm not O.o

No, I didn't actually mean that. I meant, if you got married and worshipped your husband more than your God, if you get me now?

I always interpreted that comment as meaning...Say you're a Wicca, for instance. You worship other Gods, yes? Well, I don't know what your teachings on the Afterlife are, but I assume you have some reward in there for living a good life, as Christians have 'Heaven'.

The Christian God says you are disobeying his commandment for worshipping these Gods, but of course, you have no obligation to believe a word the Christian God says, so his commandment is pointless for you.

Your Gods have different teachings, and abiding by them is what is important for you, not listening to a God you do not worship. You see what I'm saying?
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 28th, 2006 at 11:41am
Bloodraine:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Bloodraine:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
I'm not O.o

I always interpreted that comment as meaning...Say you're a Wicca, for instance. You worship other Gods, yes? Well, I don't know what your teachings on the Afterlife are, but I assume you have some reward in there for living a good life, as Christians have 'Heaven'.

The Christian God says you are disobeying his commandment for worshipping these Gods, but of course, you have no obligation to believe a word the Christian God says, so his commandment is pointless for you.

Your Gods have different teachings, and abiding by them is what is important for you, not listening to a God you do not worship. You see what I'm saying?

Yeah I get you now lol.

But what if, when we die, Christianity turns out to be the "right" religion even though I don't believe in it at all), would I go to hell for believing my own Gods and Goddesses, or would I go to Heaven anyway because God would just think ohh it's okay, you were just doing what you though was right even if you did break my top commandment?
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 28th, 2006 at 11:47am
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Yeah I get you now lol.

But what if, when we die, Christianity turns out to be the "right" religion even though I don't believe in it at all), would I go to hell for believing my own Gods and Goddesses, or would I go to Heaven anyway because God would just think ohh it's okay, you were just doing what you though was right even if you did break my top commandment?

That really is a question...Seeing as we have no proof God exists, I'm sure that, in the event he does, He'd forgive us for not having faith. If he did make us, I'm sure he will be aware of our faults.

I think I'll be pretty buggered if I get to heaven and find there is a big man upstairs in charge. As an Atheist, I'm in the worst possible posistion should that situation occur, which according to my beliefs, won't (Even though I'm not pig-headed enough to think it's not a possibility). At least you have some chance.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 28th, 2006 at 11:48am
Bloodraine:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Yeah I get you now lol.

That really is a question...Seeing as we have no proof God exists, I'm sure that, in the event he does, He'd forgive us for not having faith. If he did make us, I'm sure he will be aware of our faults.

I think I'll be pretty buggered if I get to heaven and find there is a big man upstairs in charge. As an Atheist, I'm in the worst possible posistion should that situation occur, which according to my beliefs, won't (Even though I'm not pig-headed enough to think it's not a possibility). At least you have some chance.

lmfao lmfao
You'd just have to sing "Livin' On A Prayer" about 1879837 times, and hope he forgives you.
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
January 28th, 2006 at 02:36pm
I'm going to sound like a minister, but hey.

I am a Christian, and it's so sad to see you people acting this way! I know I'll never convert you or change your minds, but you should think before you go calling GOD evil.

I mean, people who worship the devil are obviously going to say these things.

Anyway, that's me whole heart.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
January 28th, 2006 at 02:59pm
we are all born as equals and if we decide to kill them he has put that temptation in front of us. Therefore for me he is both kind and bad.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 28th, 2006 at 03:55pm
Buttermilk Rusk:

I am a Christian, and it's so sad to see you people acting this way! I know I'll never convert you or change your minds, but you should think before you go calling GOD evil.

You should read up on "devil worshipping" TRUST ME, it isn't what Christianity and the media made it out to be lol.

And I respect your opinion as a Christian, obviously you're going to see God as un-evil. I don't follow the religion, and even I don't see your God as evil to be honest. Because who really knows what evil is anyway? I don't like Christianity, but it doesn't mean I don't respect you, and if your God is helping you to live your life in a way that's helping you and helping people round you then maybe he's not evil.

A lot of us [myself included] have focused on all the negative things about your God, wars etc. But we've forgotten how nice Christianity can be. My Grandma, for example, is one of the NICEST people EVER. And she really is a true Christian <3
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
January 28th, 2006 at 03:57pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Buttermilk Rusk:

You should read up on "devil worshipping" TRUST ME, it isn't what Christianity and the media made it out to be lol.

And I respect your opinion as a Christian, obviously you're going to see God as un-evil. I don't follow the religion, and even I don't see your God as evil to be honest. Because who really knows what evil is anyway? I don't like Christianity, but it doesn't mean I don't respect you, and if your God is helping you to live your life in a way that's helping you and helping people round you then maybe he's not evil.

A lot of us [myself included] have focused on all the negative things about your God, wars etc. But we've forgotten how nice Christianity can be. My Grandma, for example, is one of the NICEST people EVER. And she really is a true Christian <3
I'm glad you see it that way Very Happy.
Register