What is your most favorite book?

AuthorMessage
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
July 11th, 2006 at 07:53pm
Harry Potter pwns me. Cool

Although the Hobbit was a really good book, but it's not one I'd read over and over.
Rainbows in the Dark
Idiot
Rainbows in the Dark

Blog
July 14th, 2006 at 01:39am
Ok so I have about a trillion but I've narrowed it down and here they are:
Fat Kid Rules the World-KL Going
What's Eating Gilbert Grape?-Peter Hedges
The Outsiders-S.E. Hinton
*The Perks of Being a Wallflower-Stephen Chbosky* absolutely amazing
Fallen Angels-Walter Dean Myers
The Lovely Bones-Alice Sebold
davey jones.
Falling In Love With The Board
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
July 14th, 2006 at 01:48am
I Am The Cheese by Robert Cormier.
That book DECIEVED me at the end! omgno
I wanted to set it on fire.
But it was still pretty good.
Killer Rabbit
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Killer Rabbit

Mibba
July 15th, 2006 at 06:15pm
The hitch-Hikers guide to the galaxy - Douglas Adams
The outsiders - SE Hinton
Hogfather - Terry Pratchett
We Are 138
Geek
We Are 138

Mibba
July 18th, 2006 at 01:46pm
Strange Boy - Paul Magrs
JOOLS
Addict
JOOLS

Mibba Blog
July 23rd, 2006 at 09:42pm
Downsiders- Neal Shusterman
The Dark Side of Nowhere- also by Neal Shusterman.. very awesome author
Feeling It Yet?
Geek
Feeling It Yet?
July 24th, 2006 at 12:47am
I don't have a fovourite book. there's too many that i love to read
The Last Firstborn.
Addict
The Last Firstborn.
July 24th, 2006 at 11:13am
Other. I like the Captain Underpants books. Retard
My_Knightmare
Idiot
My_Knightmare
July 24th, 2006 at 09:51pm
Roald Dahl- The Giraffe and The Pelly and Me
my most fave book

and

Where the wild things are
and the
Where's waldo series
Rainbows in the Dark
Idiot
Rainbows in the Dark

Blog
July 25th, 2006 at 01:29am
Killer-Funk:
Roald Dahl- The Giraffe and The Pelly and Me
my most fave book

and

Where the wild things are and the
Where's waldo series

I LOVE that book
and for halloween I was Waldo from the Where's Waldo books Cool [/b]
Peter Petrelli
King For A Couple Of Days
Peter Petrelli
July 25th, 2006 at 07:20am
The Magicians Guild, by Trudi Canavan
lidocaine
Falling In Love With The Board
lidocaine
July 25th, 2006 at 11:29am
The Catcher in the Rye - J. D. Salinger
I read this book in English... :') yeah im so proud of me Razz

I like HP too, and few Polish books Wink
Gilly the Goldfish
Jackass
Gilly the Goldfish
August 4th, 2006 at 01:22pm
ixlovexbilliexjoe:
Call me a geek, but my favorite is Harry Potter. But out of those choices I'd say Lord of the Rings. Those books are good too.

Harry Potter totally
Yes I Am God
Basket Case
Yes I Am God
August 5th, 2006 at 02:29am
Vampire$
Tom Blinks Me.
Idiot
Tom Blinks Me.
December 4th, 2006 at 10:08pm
"The Catcher in the Rye" - J.D Salinger

I don't care what you say, that's the best EVER.
Banach95
King For A Couple Of Days
Banach95

Mibba Blog
December 4th, 2006 at 11:20pm
Primary Colors by Anonymous

From Publisher's Weekly
The circumstances behind this crackling, highly perceptive study of a presidential campaign that remarkably resembles Bill Clinton's are bizarre.

We are assured that not even its publisher, Harold Evans, who signed the book, or its editor knows the identity of the author. A third party, independent of both the publisher and the author's agent, verified his (or her) credentials and oversaw the contract signing. All this has naturally led to the assumption that the author may be someone highly placed in Washington, possibly even within the Clinton Administration; the intimate knowledge of Washington folkways the narrative exhibits seems to bear that out.

On the other hand, the literary sophistication on display-the shaping of the story, the characterizations, the atmosphere, the dialogue-is so considerable it seems a professional writer must be at work. But while the mystery may help galvanize sales, it does not affect the quality of the book, which stands as a definitive political novel for these uneasy times-a novel that's knowing about the easy abuse of sincerity, the overblown role of the media (all reporters are "scorps," short for scorpions), the readiness to confuse means with ends.

Henry Burton, the narrator, is a bright, youngish black man who rises quickly to a key position on the presidential primary campaign staff of Jack Stanton, governor of a small Southern state. Stanton is a brilliant portrait of a born politician, a man at once deeply calculating and genuinely spontaneous in his human reactions; his wife, Susan, a smart lawyer, despises his louche sexual adventuring but is driven by her own demons. Around them revolves a superbly observed staff, a mixture of deep cynicism, muddled idealism and, in the person of Libby, a ghost from Stanton's past who is at once explosively funny and tragic, a compulsive seeker of the truth.

Stanton's fortunes fluctuate wildly in the campaign as he slogs through New Hampshire, endures a drubbing in New York (where a governor not unlike Mario Cuomo decided not to run) and seems to cause a heart attack in a buttoned-down rival in Florida. This inspires the entry of a mystery candidate with a magic touch, who turns out, in one of the novel's few overplotted passages, to have his own complex problems; the resolution, however, strikes just the right uneasily ambiguous note.

Throughout the book, the attention to physical and emotional detail in the draining political process, the sparkling intelligence and-through the use of Henry as hero-the unusual empathy with which a range of African Americans are portrayed suggest a very considerable new novelist.
neil patrick harris.
Jackass
neil patrick harris.

Blog
December 4th, 2006 at 11:54pm
Cell by Stephen King.

Another MAGNIFICENT book by Stephen King. He almost never seems to lose my attention. He's the king of horror and my inspiration to write the poems and stories I do. He's probably one of the most disturbed, amazing authors alive.

The story follows a group of "normies," a name they give themselves after witnessing a world plunge to madness when a cell phone signal known as the Pulse changes its listeners to brain-dead lunatics. They struggle to find answers in a world that has become filled with refugees, with only word of mouth and gossip to depend on: was it an action of terrorism? An amateur hacker's garage project? Or was it really the final wave of Verizon's mission to control its cell phone market?

At its heart, Cell is well-organized. It reads quickly because of its urgent speed, and compels because of its topic matter. Often the novel feels like a mixture between Pet Cemetery and The Stand, a mixture that results in what may be King's best work of fiction since the 1999 release of Bag of Bones. The elements all work in his favor, because he deals his cards lethal with the use of solitary survivors, a world that needs restarting, and malicious forces clear of human manage; elements that elevated King to significant heights in the past.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
December 5th, 2006 at 07:16am
i was really into cirque du freak, but then mr crepsly died and then i got bored with them.

i loved the lovely bones aswell

bu right now its got to be Twilight <3
hay lin
Idiot
hay lin
December 5th, 2006 at 12:08pm
Harry Potter. Smile
wish_i_was_adie
Jackass
wish_i_was_adie

Mibba
December 5th, 2006 at 11:46pm