Rockaway Beach
June 7th, 2006 at 08:01pm
F.O.D. all by myself:
Cecilia:
K, I read "Who wants to save GSB?" Rolling Eyes

...I know the exit, thanks! Arrow

i read the same thing..... Confused

Why post if thats all you have to say? Confused

I know that this club probably means alot to some people, and to some of the bands that made it big (using that club as a stepping stone). But i just think we should look at it like this: There will be many more clubs like this. Many awesome, unsigned/unappreciated bands will be trying to make it all over the world. It's great that the club helped, but shouldn't we make way for the new?

Also, if the major has decided to knock it down it i think it must not have been that popular (nor a business with a big income). I'm not saying that makes it crap but... its not a good sign.
ImBlindAndISmellLikeShit
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
ImBlindAndISmellLikeShit
June 8th, 2006 at 07:17am
I dont live in New York, nor have I ever been there, but even in my home millions of miles away I have heard about the importance of it. I hope it gets saved.
White Riot
King For A Couple Of Days
White Riot
July 26th, 2006 at 09:48pm
All this stuff about how CBGBS means nothing to you because it you've never been there or whatever--it's bullshit.
It makes no difference weither or not you've been there, or even if its just some dingy club. Its history, and sure we can make way for the new, but not by knocking down something that has had something with such a past.
And I'm sure if some of your favourite bands or whatever had left there mark there--you'd put yourself in a different position.
So,I say,save CBGB's!
"Never give up, even if you feel like it."
Every bit counts and makes a difference, so "don't write" to Bloomburg is stupid. If you get flooded with mails about the same thing, some time or another you're gonna read it.
Maybe it would be more effective in a newspaper though. Wink
asthenia.
Falling In Love With The Board
asthenia.

Blog
July 28th, 2006 at 06:48am
White Riot:
All this stuff about how CBGBS means nothing to you because it you've never been there or whatever--it's bullshit.
It makes no difference weither or not you've been there, or even if its just some dingy club. Its history, and sure we can make way for the new, but not by knocking down something that has had something with such a past.
And I'm sure if some of your favourite bands or whatever had left there mark there--you'd put yourself in a different position.
So,I say,save CBGB's!
"Never give up, even if you feel like it."
Every bit counts and makes a difference, so "don't write" to Bloomburg is stupid. If you get flooded with mails about the same thing, some time or another you're gonna read it.

exactly. i don't live in new york (even though i live an like hour away from it) but i still care about CBGB's. i've never been there and none of my favorite bands have started out there but i don't want to see it shut down. CBGB's is a part of history, and it needs to be preserved. if it were 924 gilman street we were talking about, everyone would want to keep it open.
Prosthetic Head
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Prosthetic Head
August 9th, 2006 at 10:33am
it's too late now isn't it?

i mean, isn't it moving to Las Vegas because they can't renew the lease?

thats what i heard.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
August 9th, 2006 at 10:35am
Prosthetic Head:
it's too late now isn't it?

i mean, isn't it moving to Las Vegas because they can't renew the lease?

thats what i heard.
CBGB IN VEGAS.

Fuck that.
Expressway To Yr Skull
Expressway To Yr Skull
August 9th, 2006 at 11:03am
White Riot:
No, you don't understand. My sister WORKS for him. They have interns read SOME of the mail but it never gets to Bloomberg. NONE. Write to a newspaper. THAT'S what he reads. I'm not being mean i'mm being honest.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
August 9th, 2006 at 11:06am
Newspaper could be a good idea.

If anything, other people would see it and get involved as well.
White Riot
White Riot
August 9th, 2006 at 12:23pm
Expressway To Yr Skull:
White Riot:
No, you don't understand. My sister WORKS for him. They have interns read SOME of the mail but it never gets to Bloomberg. NONE. Write to a newspaper. THAT'S what he reads. I'm not being mean i'mm being honest.

Wow,that's pretty screwy.
Register