Homosexual parents

AuthorMessage
Kitti
Falling In Love With The Board
Kitti
June 12th, 2006 at 04:31pm
Attacks for grammar are still attacks.
Offensive posts only on grammar have been removed.
Any other content on the subject has been edited (I won't delete words in your posts, I'm not okay with that. But I will strike the text.)

Fight nicely!
Kitti
Kitti
June 12th, 2006 at 04:33pm
Anyway. Homosexual parenting.

Homosexual couples are well within their rights to raise children, to adopt children, so long as they behave as responsible adults. That means not abusing their children and providing them with an adequate living environment and preferrably a loving home.
It's exactly the same as with heterosexual couples.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 12th, 2006 at 04:36pm
Magne:
oh yeah and i dont like homosexual perants because the child needs some one to go to, i know people get married and have children and yes they split up and want to live an homosexual lifestyle then the child/ren should go to the perants better suited to looking after them.
What do you mean, "someone to go to" Why couldnt they go to their parents?
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
June 12th, 2006 at 04:46pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
oh yeah and i dont like homosexual perants because the child needs some one to go to, i know people get married and have children and yes they split up and want to live an homosexual lifestyle then the child/ren should go to the perants better suited to looking after them.

because lets say for example that you have a daughter and you have 2 dads, who does she go to when she starts her periods, what if 2 mums have a son who would he go to to talk about erections?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 12th, 2006 at 04:49pm
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:

because lets say for example that you have a daughter and you have 2 dads, who does she go to when she starts her periods, what if 2 mums have a son who would he go to to talk about erections?
Why couldn't they talk about that with their parents? The people who love and care about them? If those are the only two instances you can think of, I mean, it isnt like those are life threatning issues that are going to cause them mental trama or physical harm. When you grow up being raised by someone, it isnt hard to tell them things like that.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 12th, 2006 at 04:51pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:

Why couldn't they talk about that with their parents? The people who love and care about them? If those are the only two instances you can think of, I mean, it isnt like those are life threatning issues that are going to cause them mental trama or physical harm. When you grow up being raised by someone, it isnt hard to tell them things like that.

not every man is open about periods and like wise with evry mum
Kitti
Kitti
June 12th, 2006 at 04:51pm
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:

That really depends on the child's relationship with his or her parents, though. And it's not like parents are the only adults in a child's or adolescent's life. Personally, I've had teachers in my life who became a lot like parents to me (writing that down it seems weird, but yeah...).
As hard as it is to accept, there are a lot of adults with influence in a child's life. So the way I see it, while that might spark some very awkward conversations, it's non-issue.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 12th, 2006 at 04:59pm
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:

yeah, but it's their children, they would want to help them. I think thats a bad example and if periods and erections are what your entire arguement is based on, it isnt vaild in my opinion.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 12th, 2006 at 05:00pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:

yeah, but it's their children, they would want to help them. I think thats a bad example and if periods and erections are what your entire arguement is based on, it isnt vaild in my opinion.

its not just that, i just think that children need a mum and a dad and not 2 mums or 2 dads, and anyway everyones opinion is valid and is worth listening to you may not like it then give me a reason why you dont,.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 12th, 2006 at 05:09pm
Magne:

its not just that, i just think that children need a mum and a dad and not 2 mums or 2 dads, and anyway everyones opinion is valid and is worth listening to you may not like it then give me a reason why you dont,.

Give you a reason why I dont think it's vaild? I'll give you a few

First, thats one event in a person WHOLE life. Even saying that, it isnt very important. it may seem so at the time, but it really isnt. Everyone goes through that, why should it matter who helps you out. Also, alot of kids don't even talk to their parents about stuff like that because it's akward.

Second, there is alot of sexist views that come along with parenting. Only a mom can do this or only a dad can do that. I think allowing gay couples toadopt would be great and disprove those ignorant stereotypes. Sexist views are in an alarming number these days, especially in roles in parenting, it's starting to change, slowly. Anything a Mom can do, a Dad can as well. Gender doesnt effect your ability to parent.

Third, you only gave one reason, that talking about certain things would be akward, and that isn't a life threatning issue. There is plenty of things that I find akward with my parents and they are a heterosexual couple (well were, now they're divorced). For you to decide someone doesnt deserve the right to raise children based off of one single point is a bit extreme. Anyone who has the time, devoation, and love to give a kid should be able to raise it.

Also, what about single parents? Those kids don't have a mom and a Dad, shouldnt single parenst have their kids taken away because 'it might be akwards to talk about some thing'? I think that is totally irrational, same for gay couples.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 12th, 2006 at 05:19pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:

Give you a reason why I dont think it's vaild? I'll give you a few

First, thats one event in a person WHOLE life. Even saying that, it isnt very important. it may seem so at the time, but it really isnt. Everyone goes through that, why should it matter who helps you out. Also, alot of kids don't even talk to their parents about stuff like that because it's akward.

Second, there is alot of sexist views that come along with parenting. Only a mom can do this or only a dad can do that. I think allowing gay couples toadopt would be great and disprove those ignorant stereotypes. Sexist views are in an alarming number these days, especially in roles in parenting, it's starting to change, slowly. Anything a Mom can do, a Dad can as well. Gender doesnt effect your ability to parent.

Third, you only gave one reason, that talking about certain things would be akward, and that isn't a life threatning issue. There is plenty of things that I find akward with my parents and they are a heterosexual couple (well were, now they're divorced). For you to decide someone doesnt deserve the right to raise children based off of one single point is a bit extreme. Anyone who has the time, devoation, and love to give a kid should be able to raise it.

Also, what about single parents? Those kids don't have a mom and a Dad, shouldnt single parenst have their kids taken away because 'it might be akwards to talk about some thing'? I think that is totally irrational, same for gay couples.

no that is silly, many many single perants can handle the situation, mt daughter can and does come to me with evry problem shes got, children need a dad and mum, trust me living without a dad isnt easy for boys or girls.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 12th, 2006 at 05:38pm
Ok, if single parents can do it, Why couldnt gay couples? I don't know where the whole Dad thing came from but... whatever. Dads can be single parents as well.

Living without a Dad isnt easy, I agree, but if you never had one to begin with, you wouldnt know the difference, same with mothers. You're acting like Gay couples are incompitent people who don't know what they're doing, and you only addressed one of my points, I made 4, so I cant really say anything in response to what you said.
ImBlindAndISmellLikeShit
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
ImBlindAndISmellLikeShit
June 13th, 2006 at 05:24am
Just to add to the whole periods/erections point, when I first started my periods, I was staying with my dad and I had to tell him about it. Thats not any different to having two dads and having to tell them both. Yes it was awkward, yes I would have much rathered to be at my mums house, but thats just the way it was. It was embarrasing, but I wouldn't want to change my whole upbringing because of it...
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
June 13th, 2006 at 01:10pm
I'd rather have a mum and a dad to be honest.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 13th, 2006 at 01:13pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
But if you hadn't had one or the other, and you were raised with 2 Dads or 2 moms, you wouldnt know the difference and you would be happy to have 2 parents that love and care about you, at least I hope.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
June 13th, 2006 at 01:33pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
But if you hadn't had one or the other, and you were raised with 2 Dads or 2 moms, you wouldnt know the difference and you would be happy to have 2 parents that love and care about you, at least I hope.

That would depend on the person I suppose, if you care about what people think and people were all like "OMG YOU'RE WEEEIRD" then yeah, I'd still want a mum and a dad. If I didn't care what society thought then I'd be like "Ahh fuck it"
You've got a good point though. But even if I did have two mums say, I think I'd still want to see what it was like having a dad.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 13th, 2006 at 01:37pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Nine_Inch_Nails:

That would depend on the person I suppose, if you care about what people think and people were all like "OMG YOU'RE WEEEIRD" then yeah, I'd still want a mum and a dad. If I didn't care what society thought then I'd be like "Ahh fuck it"
You've got a good point though. But even if I did have two mums say, I think I'd still want to see what it was like having a dad.
You would still have other male figures in your life. I also think you're right about them being mocked for having 2 moms or dads, but their parents have been through the same thing, they would help them deal with it. Soceity can be very cruel and not understadning.
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
June 13th, 2006 at 01:40pm
It works in 'Friends'.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 13th, 2006 at 01:59pm
TreCoolIstSoGeil:
It works in 'Friends'.

dont know how to tell you this but friends isnt real.
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
June 13th, 2006 at 02:13pm
Magne:
TreCoolIstSoGeil:
It works in 'Friends'.

dont know how to tell you this but friends isnt real.

Shocked

Okay, before I get shouted at, Topic:

I actually prefer a mom and dad, and I think most kids would do that ..
In addition, I guess heteros get prefered with adoptioning a child, .. not everyone can adopt, it all need time .1. And I kinda think it's fair, that couples, who can't get a kids, cause of health problems or something, whatever, have the higher chance to be able to adopt.
Register