January 4th, 2007 at 07:13pm
... It works in 'Friends'. Retard
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
January 5th, 2007 at 02:48am
^ That's what I was thinking..."No, Ben. It's one daddy and two mommies."

Actually, I was also thinking of Dan Gillespie-Spells, the lead singer of The Feeling. He's pretty cute, and it kind of ruins it that he's gay...Shifty

Anyway, in an interview, he said that it never affected him much that he was raised by lesbian mothers and that he grew up just fine. But he did say that he thought everyone had two mommies until he started going to school...Laughing
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
January 5th, 2007 at 10:10am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Lucifers Angel:
dirtyhippie:
It would result in teasing and possible ostracizing. I'm not gonna lie.

But anyone who hasn't just crawled out from under a boulder will tell you that schools are not the most welcoming places anyway...kids hate each other because of weight, looks, styles, opinions, any number of reasons. Kids can be remarkably vicious little bastards. Odds are, the kid's gonna get teased no matter what his parents are like.

its true kids are the most nasty people on earth.

Thats pretty stereotypical. I don't think Im nasty Eh

i dont consider youa kid Very Happy
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
January 5th, 2007 at 10:14am
I think you need to draw a line between kids/children and teenagers trying to distinguish their style and personatlity

it's very rarely that a kid is nasty. in my experiance as a TA.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 5th, 2007 at 01:41pm
I don't really think children actually mean to be malicious.
Yeah, they do pretty nasty/insensetive things, but they don't have the same social taboos and awareness grown ups have. They do it innocently, if you know what I mean. Its innocent nastiness.

And when people grow up, they'll realise that things are different to how they thought when they were 7. Childhood is just a passing phase, after all. Gone in a flash.
Magazine Sickness.
Geek
Magazine Sickness.

Mibba Blog
January 5th, 2007 at 10:15pm
i dislike the age group nine to thirteen.

they are the most horrible children to work with
before you say; rar sterotypical rar
I worked in a primary school in a year six seven class and let me tell you.. Noooooooooooooooo.

I was a teacher's aide for work experience and ffs i hated not being able to hit some of them.

they way they rip other kids to shreds and you cant do anything other than 'so and so, stop that, its not very nice.'

>.<
be_insomniac
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
be_insomniac
January 7th, 2007 at 04:31pm
lyrical_gaah52:

Actually, I was also thinking of Dan Gillespie-Spells, the lead singer of The Feeling. He's pretty cute, and it kind of ruins it that he's gay...Shifty

Anyway, in an interview, he said that it never affected him much that he was raised by lesbian mothers and that he grew up just fine. But he did say that he thought everyone had two mommies until he started going to school...Laughing

..thet was my point..the kid is raised with another mentality..or sth like that...i'm not a fucking shrinck i just said what i thought..so kill me
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
January 9th, 2007 at 02:38pm
be_insomniac:
lyrical_gaah52:

..thet was my point..the kid is raised with another mentality..or sth like that...i'm not a fucking shrinck i just said what i thought..so kill me

all because it works on a programe does not mean that it would work in real life, the main thing i find wrong is the fact that you cant say that you dont like homosxuals, and you find homosexual marrage wrong without being called homophobic, you should be able to say that you dont agree with they're way of life, and you should also be able to say "if my child had a homosexual teacher i would dsagree withit"

please lets not take away the right of free speach and lets be ale to havea view.
Micro Sheep
Micro Sheep
January 9th, 2007 at 03:57pm
I think children with homosexual parents are more understanding next to same sex relations
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 9th, 2007 at 06:45pm
Lucifers Angel:

all because it works on a programe does not mean that it would work in real life, the main thing i find wrong is the fact that you cant say that you dont like homosxuals, and you find homosexual marrage wrong without being called homophobic, you should be able to say that you dont agree with they're way of life, and you should also be able to say "if my child had a homosexual teacher i would dsagree withit"

please lets not take away the right of free speach and lets be ale to havea view.

You do have the right to say that, and people have the right to call you homophobic back, free speech is a two way street. Im curious to know why your child having a homosexual teacher would bother you... that in my eyes is terrible discrimination. O_o It isn't like he is going to go around to all the students and telling them to go be gay or something. That is the definition of homophobia. Wrongful discrimination against gay people. You think because of their sexuality, they shouldn't be allowed to hold certain jobs?
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
January 10th, 2007 at 06:03am
Kurtni:
Lucifers Angel:

You do have the right to say that, and people have the right to call you homophobic back, free speech is a two way street. Im curious to know why your child having a homosexual teacher would bother you... that in my eyes is terrible discrimination. O_o It isn't like he is going to go around to all the students and telling them to go be gay or something. That is the definition of homophobia. Wrongful discrimination against gay people. You think because of their sexuality, they shouldn't be allowed to hold certain jobs?

because my eldest child had a homosexual teacher and they openly said that it was ok to be homosexual but it was not ok to be homophobic, i also believe has a perant that i have a right to a say in how my son is being educated, ans i also havea right to say it qwithout fear of being verbally abused by people. (not saying anyone here has been)

yeah free speach is a two way street of course i know that, but when the other person your talking to is clling you all sorts of names because you dont like homosexuals then that is not free speach that is abuse.
Gay Ripley
Gay Ripley
January 10th, 2007 at 07:20am
Lucifers Angel:

because my eldest child had a homosexual teacher and they openly said that it was ok to be homosexual but it was not ok to be homophobic, i also believe has a perant that i have a right to a say in how my son is being educated, ans i also havea right to say it qwithout fear of being verbally abused by people. (not saying anyone here has been)

Well why wouldn't it be okay to be homosexual and why would it be okay to be homophobic?
It seems like the teacher's got the right idea.

Oh and by the way.
PARENT.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
January 10th, 2007 at 09:43am
PUNXXX:
Lucifers Angel:

Well why wouldn't it be okay to be homosexual and why would it be okay to be homophobic?
It seems like the teacher's got the right idea.

Oh and by the way.
PARENT.

because it is OK to be homophobic, you are allowed not to like a certain sexual activity. the teacher was a jerk he was teaching MY child that it was ok to like a certyain thing and not OK to like somthing else, children should have they're own opinion on things just like i can.

and ok PERANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok i get it!!!!!!!! i get word blindness, which translats to being dysliexic, so shoot me.
The Fool On The Hill
Had A Life Before GSB
The Fool On The Hill
January 10th, 2007 at 02:31pm
my best friend's mom is a lesbian and she and her partner are probably one of the coolest and funniest parents ever. They're both great at raising my friend and her brother. Smile So I have no problem whatsoever with homosexual parents
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 10th, 2007 at 03:00pm
Lucifers Angel:
because it is OK to be homophobic, you are allowed not to like a certain sexual activity. the teacher was a jerk he was teaching MY child that it was ok to like a certyain thing and not OK to like somthing else, children should have they're own opinion on things just like i can.
Not really.
You can dislike people having anal (and straight people have anal too, come on, we all have arseholes) but that doesn't mean you can be nasty about it.
There is a difference between disliking anal sex and keeping that to yourself and going out and abusing and discriminating against the people who like it.

"If you haven't got anything nice to say, Don't say anything at all."
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
January 10th, 2007 at 07:11pm
Bloodraine:
Lucifers Angel:
Not really.
You can dislike people having anal (and straight people have anal too, come on, we all have arseholes) but that doesn't mean you can be nasty about it.
There is a difference between disliking anal sex and keeping that to yourself and going out and abusing and discriminating against the people who like it.

"If you haven't got anything nice to say, Don't say anything at all."

I think the point was, even though it's ignorant, it is okay to discriminate, because that's what America (at least) is all about

the right to free speech (aka the right to ignorance and regurgitating shit others shoved down your throat)

and besides, if you say discrimination is wrong, then almost everyone in this topic is wrong for being discriminatory against religion (specifically Christianity)
they're failure to try and understand is just as bad as the stereotypical Christian failing to understand homosexuals or blacks or Jews or anyone else they discriminate against
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 11th, 2007 at 06:32pm
spill_no_sick:

I think the point was, even though it's ignorant, it is okay to discriminate, because that's what America

Shifty she isnt american.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
January 11th, 2007 at 07:41pm
Lucifers Angel:

No it's not. It's not alright to abuse people and discriminate against people because of your views.

And the teacher was teaching them acceptance. He was teaching them that it's wrong to be homophobic, which is abusing people and discriminating against gay people. What, don't you find that wrong? You think it's alright to abuse people because they're gay? Because that is what homophobic means, someone who hates gays and discriminates against them. I think the teacher did have the right idea when he was teaching them acceptance.
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
January 12th, 2007 at 01:20pm
Lucifers Angel:

and ok PERANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok i get it!!!!!!!! i get word blindness, which translats to being dysliexic, so shoot me.

so your sayings its okay to discriminate against a whole group of people, most of which you have never met?

if you are saying that, then i presume that its also okay to be racist, or ageist, or sexist or whatever?
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 12th, 2007 at 01:57pm
spill_no_sick:
I think the point was, even though it's ignorant, it is okay to discriminate, because that's what America (at least) is all about

the right to free speech (aka the right to ignorance and regurgitating shit others shoved down your throat)

and besides, if you say discrimination is wrong, then almost everyone in this topic is wrong for being discriminatory against religion (specifically Christianity)
they're failure to try and understand is just as bad as the stereotypical Christian failing to understand homosexuals or blacks or Jews or anyone else they discriminate against

She seemed to be saying that it was o.k to think gays are wrong because she has the right to say anal sex is wrong.
Which is okay, I guess, I suppose gay people can say they find straighfoward copulation wrong and nasty.
Free speech, after all. Everyone has a right to it.
But you can't use your right to 'free speech' to discriminate against other people. I think that would come under breaching someone else's human right to exist. Don't gay people also have a right to live without discrimination too?
We can all have opinions, but we don't have to act on them all the time.

I don't know about America because I've never even been there. People are different here. The stereotypical Christian here isn't a crazy zealous person who hates Jews and Black people (more than 70% of catholics are non-white, non-europeans). In any case, you'll often find I'm the one who sticks up for the big C around here. It comes with fifteen years of Catholic education, I've grown to love the Faith. I just don't practice it.
Register