Bush Hate, Inspired By Green Day?

AuthorMessage
Not So Perfect
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Not So Perfect
December 24th, 2006 at 02:47am
I've hated Bush way before I got into Green Day, actually.
Magazine Sickness.
Geek
Magazine Sickness.

Mibba Blog
December 24th, 2006 at 03:10am
'Teenies' because of their age [11 - 14] are impressionable.

If they see their Idol of the moment being all anti bush then they are going to want to imitate the person they admire most at the time.

simple.
tomamazon
GSBitch
tomamazon

Mibba Blog
December 24th, 2006 at 11:34am
SAINT™:
If they see their Idol of the moment being all anti bush then they are going to want to imitate the person they admire most at the time.

simple.

Rolling Eyes

Must you label?

I'm 11. And by no means did I hate Bush just because Green Day did.

Rolling Eyes
Misanthropist
Post Whore
Misanthropist
December 24th, 2006 at 11:47am
SAINT™:

simple.

Not quite.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
December 24th, 2006 at 01:53pm
SAINT™:

simple.

Excuse me, but when did you decipher how everyones brain functions, and what gives you the right to be so judgemental? It really bugs me that you have such an ignorant stereotype placed over people based on something such as age. I assure you, there are plenty of people both older and younger than those ages that are impressionable, and some falling into that age group that are not impressionable.
achin' to be
Had A Life Before GSB
achin' to be
December 24th, 2006 at 02:00pm
I knew what Bush was as soon as he was elected president, even though i didn't know much about politics...my dad assured me that same day exactly what we were in for. So i knew back then what he was.

Some people will be impressionable though, but that goes for all things.
R A V E
Geek
R A V E
December 26th, 2006 at 05:27am
[quote="ignorance is bliss."]
Jesus Christ Supermarket:
Exactly. They're hardly political and when they are they're like "Bush is stupid! We should move to Canada!"

then they'd be a canadian idiot!
R A V E
Geek
R A V E
December 26th, 2006 at 05:42am
i was quite young when bush was elected, and even though i didnt understand politics at that age, i just had a weird feling that he was a bad choice. Then green day's american idiot album was released, and straight away as soon as i listened to the song American Idiot, i knew it was a bush-hating thing. and i was like, "This is definatley going to turn some people against bush."
and yes i agree that some people hate bush for the sake of it, but green day are just trying to open peoples eyes and make them see what bush is really like. so if you know someone who only suddenly decides to hate bush after listning to american idiot, don't say "you only hate him cause green day do." because thats not true, they've just opened their eyes and actually listened to what the lyrics say. now they know the truth.
RoadKill.
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
RoadKill.

Mibba
December 26th, 2006 at 06:09am
Green Day have about one and a half political songs...
They just like to walk around saying that Bush sucks and all that crap and then that results in reatrds having things like "OMG!!! Billie Joe for president!"

The truth is... Green Day are good at influencing people not to give a fuck about the media that tells us what to wear, how to look and how to act...

But Billie Joe Armstrong would not have a clue what to do if he was elected to run a country. It's not just a matter of saying... "Um... You know, instead of spending millions blasting the hell out of every other country in the word we <i>could</i> just invest more money in other energy sources."

I'll admit that Bush isn't the best guy in the world... And John Howard is pretty shithouse coz he's more or less just Bush's clingy little brother...

But we tend to dwell a lot more on the things he's fucked up rather than the good he's done.

If it weren't for Bush and the other leaders we'd be fucked. Honestly.
We need the authorities... Otherwise we'd have little kids wearing baggy pants riding their skateboards into shops and shooting people left right and centre And a small war breaking out every week.

Bush makes all the important descisions... And he's the one that has been elected by the people of America to do that job.

Without the descisions made by Bush [etc] we'd just be some firey little pit for Mars and Venus to laugh their asses off at.

[Oh and lawl, I'm just <i>suuure</i> that that made perfect sense to everyone. Lawl. But I'm sure there's some idiots who think like me and we're able to grasp the point. No one should hate Bush. Sure we can all say we don't agree with some of the things he's said and done. But that doesn't mean you should hate him... Unless you're life has been drastically affected by one of his descisions... Like for example the person who said that because of Bush their dad had to go to Iraq on their birthday]
RoadKill.
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
RoadKill.

Mibba
December 26th, 2006 at 06:10am
And apparently you don't use HTML things on here...
RoadKill.
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
RoadKill.

Mibba
December 26th, 2006 at 06:13am
{Tre is} {Pigeon Man}:
so if you know someone who only suddenly decides to hate bush after listning to american idiot, don't say "you only hate him cause green day do." because thats not true, they've just opened their eyes and actually listened to what the lyrics say. now they know the truth.

And what do the lyrics say?

No Green Day song actually tells us anything about politics except that [in Billie Joe's opinion] Polititians are liars and the media have too much influence on the world...

It doesn't tell you shit about why you should believe that
RoadKill.
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
RoadKill.

Mibba
December 26th, 2006 at 06:16am
Sorry. Accidentally clicked before I was finished ranting...

What I mean is, you can't just listen to American Idiot and then just instantly think "Hmm... Ah, I see, George W Bush is in charge of everything so if something is wrong in America [/the world] then it MUST be his fault...

Lets not bother to think about the act that a hell of a lot more things go right in the world rather than wrong and that probably has something to do with the American president who actually wasn't directly mentioned in this song.
Magazine Sickness.
Geek
Magazine Sickness.

Mibba Blog
December 26th, 2006 at 07:19am
Oh, lets all focus on the good and ignore everything thats bad.

Chyeah, coz thats REALLY gonna help isnt it?

True its important to keep a positive approach to life and the world in general but that doesnt mean we blind ourselves of all thats wrong in the world.

If we did something to make a difference then we wouldnt have to ignore the bad because theyre wouldnt be any.

If we can make the mess, we can clean it up.
Magazine Sickness.
Geek
Magazine Sickness.

Mibba Blog
December 26th, 2006 at 07:20am
SomeSayQuitOrI'llGoBlind:
And apparently you don't use HTML things on here...

nah you do but it has to be in brackets [ b ] [ /b ]
and if that still doesnt work then in your profile settings you probably have 'disable HTML in posts' selected.

:]
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
December 26th, 2006 at 07:31am
I dont know why people are so interested with when, how and why you hate or like Bush. It seems like a lot of people just think that 'Oh, shes 11 years old. How on Earth could she have an opinion in any way? If she is 15, on the other hand, she can have all the opinions she wants and thats fine, we respect your opinions. Just not if youre under the age of 15.'
I dont really have an opinion on Bush. Mostly because i live far, far away from America. Denmark does have soldiers at Iraq, a few of hem have been brought home in coffins. I dont like that, of course. I think it was stupid of Bush that he went to Iraq to look for those mass destruction-weapons when he had no proof. But again, i dont know much about the whole thing, so i think it would be wrong of me to start shooting out opinions when i only have little information on the subject.
RoadKill.
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
RoadKill.

Mibba
December 26th, 2006 at 08:16am
SAINT™:
Oh, lets all focus on the good and ignore everything thats bad.

Chyeah, coz thats REALLY gonna help isnt it?

True its important to keep a positive approach to life and the world in general but that doesnt mean we blind ourselves of all thats wrong in the world.

If we did something to make a difference then we wouldnt have to ignore the bad because theyre wouldnt be any.

If we can make the mess, we can clean it up.

Huh?
Why should we ignore all the bad?
Think about it.
That'd be a bit silly now wouldn't it?!

All I'm saying is that we have to stop ignoring all the good[XD-I can work it, DW] things that happen.

Bush has been elected by the people of America.

He's the one that the people believe is most suitable to to run their country.

I know that Bush has done a lot of shitty things... Like looking for the WMDs wen he didn't know they were there... But if there was another attack like 9/11 Bush'd be in shit. And at first we all thought there was a point to blasting the shit out of Iraq... We all thought that he was taking initiative[as he's supposed to] and defending the country...

But when you can find someone that is capable of running a country like America, is actually able to get into an election and who will always know exactly what is going on in the world and how to react to EVERYTHING...

Let me know please XD

And good fucking luck finding them
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
December 26th, 2006 at 08:34am
I actually had an issue with Bush back in fourth grade. I think in 2000 or 2001, way before I knew Green Day even existed. We were doing some project on how the government works and there was election stuff going on then. So, we had to research the canidates and write one page essays on their life stories or whatever. My friend got to write about Al Gore. I had to write about Bush

I looked him up and I thought he looked funny. Also, his bio is pretty boring. So I disliked him because he tortured me with an essay I didn't care to write. I assume that I would hate Al Gore if I had to write about him, so whatever. I still hold the grudge of that stupid essay.
The Evil Alchemist
Geek
The Evil Alchemist
December 26th, 2006 at 09:05am
I've hated Bush ever since the whole 9/11 thing in 2001. But Green Day pushed me to hate him even more.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
December 26th, 2006 at 11:49am
to many peple hate goerge bush because of green day and the whole american idiot thing. i dont listen to famous people when they try and force they're ideals on to me.
tomamazon
GSBitch
tomamazon

Mibba Blog
December 26th, 2006 at 11:57am
SomeSayQuitOrI'llGoBlind:
Green Day have about one and a half political songs...

EXACTLY WHAT I'VE BEEN THINKING.

K, so I count Holiday and the obvious American Idiot as political songs. And maybe Letterbomb, with its politically related lyrics. All of the others follow the story of JOS and Whatshername. I think that Green Day thought 'Dude, bush sux lyk', wrote the two or three songs and decided on the rock opera.

Idk whatever. I'm just a teenie, I wouldn't know anything
Register