I'm thinking about the deathly hallows

AuthorMessage
Effy
Addict
Effy
July 11th, 2009 at 11:33am
Yup, me and 5 friends are going to see it at midnight Very Happy
They have a new Tom Surprised That sucks -.- Coulson was awesome!
I tried not to watch trailers, look at photo's or read any spoilers about it. I want to be as surprised as possible for a movie where I already know the ending xD
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
July 11th, 2009 at 11:39am
I'm the complete opposite. I've watched all the trailers, looked at photos, etc, though I haven't gone mad, hunting down news everyday, it's just if I see a link I think 'ooh, I'll have a look'.

Apparently there's quite a lot of humour in this one, which is good, cos the last one was very sad.

I want to see at least ONE photo of Sirius in it though, he needs to be remembered. Even if it's a wanted poster, I need to see him, because it's little touches like that which kind of reinforce the fact that the grieving process doesn't end just cos the film/book did.

I'm watching PoA to get a Sirius fix before I see HBP.

(I'm a Sirius fan girl, in case you couldn't tell. Wink)
clark
GSBitch
clark
July 11th, 2009 at 02:25pm
is anyone watching the behind the magic~ on itv?
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
July 11th, 2009 at 03:55pm
Noooooooo but I got a dvd with the Mail (I think it was the mail) if it's any good I'll have a go at ripping it for you all. Apparently it's a behind the scenes thing with exclusive clips yadda yadda yadda.

Is behind the magic worth watching? I can watch it on the ITV player if it's worth it.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
July 11th, 2009 at 04:11pm
Nope, it's just everything that's on the website recycled into about 5 different sections. I can't count the number of times I've heard 'but I am the chosen one' in the last ten minutes.

Honestly.

The attack on the Burrow looks dead exciting though. I love Helena BC, she's so good at being deranged.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
July 11th, 2009 at 04:17pm
ITV player is rubbish. It's nowhere to be found. If it were on the BBC it would already be up there. *sulk*
Effy
Addict
Effy
July 11th, 2009 at 05:03pm
Flaming Phalanges!:

Apparently there's quite a lot of humour in this one, which is good, cos the last one was very sad.

Ooooh I love HP humour tehe

Flaming Phalanges!:

I want to see at least ONE photo of Sirius in it though, he needs to be remembered. Even if it's a wanted poster, I need to see him, because it's little touches like that which kind of reinforce the fact that the grieving process doesn't end just cos the film/book did.

I'm watching PoA to get a Sirius fix before I see HBP.

(I'm a Sirius fan girl, in case you couldn't tell. Wink)

I think there is a little Sirius fan girl in all of us Shifty
Effy
Addict
Effy
July 11th, 2009 at 05:11pm
Oooh no! Previews on shownews Sad
Aaaw Ron on a broom is so cute ^^
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
July 11th, 2009 at 05:47pm
I'm looking forward to his Quidditch try out. That should make for some interesting viewing.

Anybody who claims they're not a little bit of a Sirius fangirl is a liar.

TRUFAX.
clark
GSBitch
clark
July 11th, 2009 at 06:05pm
Flaming Phalanges!:
I love Helena BC, she's so good at being deranged.
omg ikr i love her

i thought it was worth watching tbh
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
July 11th, 2009 at 06:08pm
Is that the whole thing? Cos I saw that when I searched for it but on ITV it said it was an hour?
clark
GSBitch
clark
July 11th, 2009 at 06:23pm
...oh shit i didnt even look at that lmao

it was an hour on tv so i dunno, they're the only links i could find sry Sad
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
July 11th, 2009 at 06:33pm
It's not the one that was on ITV, it's an Aussie one. Worth watching (coming from someone who hasn't seen the ITV one) but a little bit repetetive.

Don't apologise, it was very kind of you to get the links. Smile
just_call_me_dookie
Addict
just_call_me_dookie

Mibba
July 11th, 2009 at 07:03pm
I have broke down everyone...I am going to see it next weekened. Molly I disappoint myself.
clark
GSBitch
clark
July 11th, 2009 at 07:44pm
idgi why is that a bad thing Coolio
just_call_me_dookie
Addict
just_call_me_dookie

Mibba
July 11th, 2009 at 08:10pm
Because I know it's gonna be shitty.
clark
GSBitch
clark
July 11th, 2009 at 08:42pm
oic i thought it looked rather good but ok
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
July 11th, 2009 at 08:54pm
You have to take the books and films as separate entities. Obviously they can't include everything in the book because we'd be in there for hours, and obviously they're gonna change a few things around because things need to be represented different ways on screen than they are in books, and cutting down means that the plot can't be as complex.

BUT

The films are still enjoyable for what they are. They're well cast, well written, and well directed. You just have to go in with very few hopes of what they're going to include and try to enjoy it. Go in with a positive attitude and you WILL enjoy it. If you go in 'knowing' it's gonna be shitty, you're going to try your hardest to justify your judgement, even if it comes down to 'I didn't like Lavender's hair bow'.

Open minds are what it's all about Dookie, go into the cinema with one of those and it'll be a billion times better.
just_call_me_dookie
Addict
just_call_me_dookie

Mibba
July 11th, 2009 at 08:59pm
Well, mayyyybe if they would have included one of the most important characters funerals I wouldn't be so bitter. But when you cut out the greatest wizards final goodbye I'm going to be upset.
And this BS about it being a "love" story instead of about the Horcruxes like it SHOULD BE than maybe I'd be okay.
And well, directed? Were you there for Goblet of Fire. The cinemeotgraphy was just terrible. I've seen better student films. AND WHERE THE HELL IS LUDO BAGMAN AND WINKY??
No Jo, how could you let them do this.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
July 11th, 2009 at 09:28pm
Have they cut Dumbledore's funeral?

Bagman and Winky were a subplot - there was so much going on in GoF that they had trouble fitting even the basics in and it was still more than long enough.

With regards to the love story, you can't deny that a big factor in HBP is romance - there's Ron/Lavender Hermione/Ron Hermione/Cormac Harry/Ginny Ginny/Dean so the romance is kicking off in a huge way.

The horcruxes are still an important part of the story, and I think you're being incredibly quick to judge a film before you've even seen it.

And I think it's quite harsh of you to dismiss student films as being poorly directed. Having just comleted a media course myself I can tell you that the quality of student films isn't just a 12 year old mucking around with a camcorder.
Register