Harry's Future

AuthorMessage
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
May 27th, 2007 at 04:55am
I read Quidditch through the ages once, in 4th grade I think. I liked it, it told you about quidditch in the world, the history of quidditch... The book is tiny it has like 20 pages though.
just_call_me_dookie
Addict
just_call_me_dookie

Mibba
May 27th, 2007 at 08:12am
Meski that's cool. Where do you go about getting all these books?
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
May 27th, 2007 at 08:24am
Oh I don't suppose you got them over your side of the world. They were released in aid of this massive charity event over here called Comic Relief, so I don't suppose they would have sold them over there. You could probably get them from Amazon though.
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
May 27th, 2007 at 08:37am
Flaming Phalanges!:
Oh I don't suppose you got them over your side of the world. They were released in aid of this massive charity event over here called Comic Relief, so I don't suppose they would have sold them over there. You could probably get them from Amazon though.
I've seen both on eBay they come in a box of two books
just_call_me_dookie
Addict
just_call_me_dookie

Mibba
May 27th, 2007 at 08:42am
Meski:
Flaming Phalanges!:
Oi. *kicks america*
Hitchcock Starlet
Addict
Hitchcock Starlet
May 27th, 2007 at 08:43am
I'd buy it GZA
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
May 27th, 2007 at 08:45am
just_call_me_dookie:
Meski:
Flaming Phalanges!:
Oi. *kicks america*
I thought you were American Confused
just_call_me_dookie
Addict
just_call_me_dookie

Mibba
May 27th, 2007 at 08:50am
Meski:
just_call_me_dookie:
Meski:
Flaming Phalanges!:
Oi. *kicks america*
I am. And we don't get super cool books like that. God. this country has gone to the potato's.
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
May 27th, 2007 at 08:52am
just_call_me_dookie:
Meski:
just_call_me_dookie:
Meski:
Flaming Phalanges!:
Oi. *kicks america*
I am. And we don't get super cool books like that. God. this country has gone to the potato's.
But I read that book in America, it was published in America by Scholastic, which is American...
just_call_me_dookie
Addict
just_call_me_dookie

Mibba
May 27th, 2007 at 08:54am
Meski:
But I read that book in America, it was published in America by Scholastic, which is American...
OMGyes Hug you have brought hope to moi.
Macfadyen
Basket Case
Macfadyen
May 28th, 2007 at 12:07am
My local library has both Quidditch Through The Ages and the Magical Beasts one, and that library hardly has anything. I wasn't aware they were rare?
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
May 29th, 2007 at 12:23pm
Skatanic.:
My local library has both Quidditch Through The Ages and the Magical Beasts one, and that library hardly has anything. I wasn't aware they were rare?
Hand Not yet, but in a few years every HP book will be rare!
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
May 29th, 2007 at 01:47pm
Meski:
Skatanic.:

Nahhhh Coolio
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
May 29th, 2007 at 01:53pm
Bloodraine:
Meski:
Skatanic.:

Nahhhh Coolio
Yeahhh Coolio Not like in 2010, but 2060 or something like that.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
May 29th, 2007 at 02:07pm
Meski:
Bloodraine:
Meski:
Skatanic.:

Nahhhh Coolio

Books by Oscar Wilde and Charles Dickens are still very common, and both those Authors were dead on or before 1900. And think about Shakespeare's work xD
Rowling has probably outsold all of those three by now, and what with all the increased publicity in the 21st century and all that, I'd be really shocked if Harry Potetr books were rare by the time I'm dead.
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
May 29th, 2007 at 02:20pm
Maybe the original books, not some reproductions, maybe in the future books will be on computer Dno
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
May 29th, 2007 at 03:19pm
Bloodraine:
Meski:
Bloodraine:
Meski:
Skatanic.:

Nahhhh Coolio

Books by Oscar Wilde and Charles Dickens are still very common, and both those Authors were dead on or before 1900. And think about Shakespeare's work xD
Rowling has probably outsold all of those three by now, and what with all the increased publicity in the 21st century and all that, I'd be really shocked if Harry Potetr books were rare by the time I'm dead.
Dont forget Homer Ah

Yeah HP wont be rare, but maybe first editions will be expensive or something like that. I mean, its like that with other famous books.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
May 29th, 2007 at 07:38pm
Yeah, if you think about how many of them are printed, then they won't ever be rare. The only book that's been translated into more languages than HP is the bible, so I doubt it'll be rare.

The first editions'll fetch a bit at auction though, especially in like, a hundred years when JK is regretably no more, but they won't be rare for a few hundred years.

And there's always going to be reprints, which won't be valuable, but it won't be as though not many people will have been able to read it.

I dunno, I'm rambling. It's late and I'm not sure what I'm thinking. You'll have to excuse me.
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
May 30th, 2007 at 04:52pm
No problem FP! tehe
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
May 30th, 2007 at 05:40pm
Haha I called that late but I didn't go to bed until 6.45 in the morning, so I was up a LOT later.

Dunno how I didn't set fire to myself tbh.
Register