Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows discussion thread

AuthorMessage
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
July 22nd, 2007 at 06:42pm
i'm in denial tonks and lupin didn't die, they live with baby teddy and had more kids Snooty

anyone want to disagree Finger
just_call_me_dookie
Addict
just_call_me_dookie

Mibba
July 22nd, 2007 at 06:43pm
NeoSteph:
i'm in denial tonks and lupin didn't die, they live with baby teddy and had more kids Snooty

nope I'm with you. I think Fred is still alive and happy.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
July 22nd, 2007 at 06:44pm
That whole thing got to me pretty badly actually, like I said in the other thread, it was so poigniant, Mrs Weasley killing the woman who had killed Sirius, even though she'd gone in because of Ginny, I'm sure there was more to it.

And like I also said in the other thread, I miss Sirius so much it's not even funny.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
July 22nd, 2007 at 06:44pm
i don't think i could read fanfiction that stayed with them dying Shifty

also wtf at the name hugo lmfaolmfao damn straight hermione picked it.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
July 22nd, 2007 at 06:45pm
how it all played out was incredibly well thought out.. but there was no point at all to remus and tonks Finger
just_call_me_dookie
Addict
just_call_me_dookie

Mibba
Flaming Phalanges!:
That whole thing got to me pretty badly actually, like I said in the other thread, it was so poigniant, Mrs Weasley killing the woman who had killed Sirius, even though she'd gone in because of Ginny, I'm sure there was more to it.

And like I also said in the other thread, I miss Sirius so much it's not even funny.
I know what you mean
RPattz
Board Parasite
RPattz
I have to bring the scene in the forest up when he was talking to Lily, James, Sirius and Remus, I had to stop reading I was crying that much I couldn't see the page.
just_call_me_dookie
Addict
just_call_me_dookie

Mibba
July 22nd, 2007 at 06:46pm
NeoSteph:
how it all played out was incredibly well thought out.. but there was no point at all to remus and tonks Finger
same with Fred File
RPattz
Board Parasite
RPattz
July 22nd, 2007 at 06:47pm
NeoSteph:
i don't think i could read fanfiction that stayed with them dying Shifty

also wtf at the name hugo lmfaolmfao damn straight hermione picked it.

lmfao I know, I was like 'wait, did I just read that right?' XD
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
July 22nd, 2007 at 06:50pm
poor teddy Molly although he was getting off with bill's daughter at the end whose half veela so he must be hot Shifty
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
July 22nd, 2007 at 06:53pm
Beat Up Car:
I have to bring the scene in the forest up when he was talking to Lily, James, Sirius and Remus, I had to stop reading I was crying that much I couldn't see the page.

I was terrible at that part.

I mean,

"Will you stay?"
"To the end"

And then he said to Lily

"Stay close to me."

I swear, she must be in league with Kleenex or something, because if you don't cry at that you're officially dead inside, like my brother.
just_call_me_dookie
Addict
just_call_me_dookie

Mibba
July 22nd, 2007 at 06:55pm
NeoSteph:
poor teddy Molly although he was getting off with bill's daughter at the end whose half veela so he must be hot Shifty
lmfao really!
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
July 22nd, 2007 at 07:05pm
Bloodraine:
Anji:
Also, what lies. 'Two main characters will get killed of'? More like twenty.
No, she actually said on the Jonathan Ross Show:
"I changed it slightly. I have 2 characters that I intended to keep alive, die. But, then that's been taken to mean that only 2 characters die in the book and it's a bloodbath."

I think those two were Lupin and Tonks, myself.
omgno They could've lived?!

And thank you for clarifying.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
July 22nd, 2007 at 07:08pm
Flaming Phalanges!:
My brother came into my bedroom at about four o'clock this morning and just made a little incoherent noise of sadness and shock. I can't remember but I think I said "I know!" in reply. Hahaha.
I was doing that with my sister too. I kept doing that and she said, 'Don't say anything!' even though I was totally unable to create sentences.

Now she keeps doing that with me, and I'm the one going, 'I know!'
just_call_me_dookie
Addict
just_call_me_dookie

Mibba
July 22nd, 2007 at 07:11pm
Anji:
Bloodraine:
Anji:
Also, what lies. 'Two main characters will get killed of'? More like twenty.
No, she actually said on the Jonathan Ross Show:
"I changed it slightly. I have 2 characters that I intended to keep alive, die. But, then that's been taken to mean that only 2 characters die in the book and it's a bloodbath."

I think those two were Lupin and Tonks, myself.
omgno They could've lived?!

And thank you for clarifying.
I I think Fred, Remus, and Tonks should have lived Con But that's just me. Snape should have just gotten injured badly.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
Beat Up Car:
Ok Last night was too tired to function to here is my analysis.

It was sad when Mad-Eye died but then I thought there must be some more major deaths because his happened so early on in the book, so I saved my tears. R.I.P Georges ear, the joke made about were fab though and lmfao 'saintly'

Dobby dying, omg, and they way he stood up to the Malfoys, That is what started the tears flowing, after that, it was hard for them to stop

The whole Snape/Lily thing was total genius in my opinion. I knew he would turn out to be good. And the reason that Snape had so much comtempt for Harry is now apparent, because he was so much like his father, who Snape despised for having Lily (and their mutual school day rivalry) and the fact that he had Lily's eyes. So Snape was reminded of what he never had when he looked at Harry.

Seriously, why Fred? There was no need for him to die, when he did I was like 'WHAT, NOOOOOOOO'. The deaths of Lupin and Tonks had me in tears aswell, it meant that Teddy was an orphan, I was like 'JKR is on a killing spree, MUDERER XD'

Ok, the bit where I totally just broke down, the scenes from the penseive and when Harry emerged from it, all I kept thinking was 'Dumbledore, you bastard'. The scene in the forest when he brought back Lily, James, Sirius and Lupin and he was talking to them. I had to stop reading for a few mins I was crying so much
Harry looked at his Mother.
'Stay close to me', he whispered, quietly

.... totally heart-wrenching,

The Epilogue, I don't really know what to think of it to be honest, I mean I can see why it is there, it finishes off all of the loose ends and stops people wondering what happened, it was maybe a little clichéd.

A few little minor things, Dudley's worst moment, WHAT THE FUCK WAS IT?
Molly Weasley ftw 'NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH'
McGonagall was awesome.
Neville (Professor Longbottom) is the MAN.
Potterwatch had me creased 'He can move faster than Serverus Snape confonted by shampoo'. The names were awesome, Romulus, Royal, River etc, all very clever and obvious. lmfao

I think I am gonna start reading again.

The adventures of James, Albus, Lily, Rose and Hugo, anyone? Harry as a dad... so cute

One last thing, 'All was well.' as the last words of the book Hand XD
I agree totally!!!

Also, I just realised, the epiloge, it sounds like a fan fic! Like J.K. search for the end of some random fan fic and then copy and pasted it into the ending!
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
I was wondering about who got the reprieve, and I reckon it was Hagrid.

But I still think Lupin and Tonks was SUPER harsh.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
July 22nd, 2007 at 07:12pm
Flaming Phalanges!:
I was wondering about who got the reprieve, and I reckon it was Hagrid.
Me too, I thought he'd had it twice during DH and I was sure he was going to die before reading the book.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
July 22nd, 2007 at 07:12pm
just_call_me_dookie:
NeoSteph:

nope I'm with you. I think Fred is still alive and happy.
Flaming Phalanges!:
I agree with all statements posted above.

I like how everyone seems to be in one mind about this book.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
July 22nd, 2007 at 07:15pm
Well, I don't so much mind Snape's passing because it was appropriate and fitting and all that jazz.
Plus, he died right at the end of the last book, it isn't like Sirius, where people could 'miss' his presence, because the Harry Potter world is now at a close anyway.

Besides, I'll always have fanfiction/my wonderful imagination/daydreams etc.
Register