Anji

Blog
July 22nd, 2007 at 10:04am
Suicidal Penguin:
Which actual proper swearing =D

YAY FOR MOLLY KICKING ASS.
And Percy returning to the good side!
AND NEVILLE!
I have so much love for Neville right now.
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!!!

I wish there could've been more humour even though I understand that there wasn't the place of the time to do so. That is why I feel that more closure is needed for Malfoys, Potters, Weasleys and a Granger, Tonks/Lupins and other families.

And I told you all that Neville would be a teacher! Mr. Green
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
July 22nd, 2007 at 10:11am
Also, what lies. 'Two main characters will get killed of'? More like twenty.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
July 22nd, 2007 at 11:13am
Anji:
Also, what lies. 'Two main characters will get killed of'? More like twenty.
No, she actually said on the Jonathan Ross Show:
"I changed it slightly. I have 2 characters that I intended to keep alive, die. But, then that's been taken to mean that only 2 characters die in the book and it's a bloodbath."

I think those two were Lupin and Tonks, myself.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
July 22nd, 2007 at 11:23am
Flaming Phalanges!:
Meg was right, about the little geezer on the cover being a goblin, so yay for Meg!
Cool

I was also right about Snape's loyalty, and him-being-in-love-with-Lily. YEAH. I knew I was right about that. But I was wrong about loads, like the Harry-Is-A-Horcrux theory which I was always dead against.

I can't believe none of you cried for Mad-Eye lmfao I was in hyterics, I was sobbing. I also cried super hard for Dobby. I didn't cry for Fred, Lupin or Tonks, and not Snape until the end, when I absolutely broke down.

But it was more tears of happiness in that situation because Snape was so influential in the end, for the right side. Also, I'm either in denial, or I'm just crazy, but I honestly can't see Snape even wanting to live after everything that'd happened. A part of me thinks that he was all grief-stricken for Lily (still) and he's always seemed a miserable git, and I just can't see him being all happy afterwards anyway. Plus, I think he would still have had misgivings from a lot of the wizarding world, because he was percieved as bad for so long.

So yeah, his death helped bring about victory for Harry and he got the recognition he deserved in the end. It was a sad but very fitting ending.
CemeteryDrive
Jackass
CemeteryDrive
July 22nd, 2007 at 11:36am
But Dobby....

I cant believe I cried so much...
Though the 19 years later bit was a bit lame....
steph.
Banned
steph.

Blog
July 22nd, 2007 at 12:25pm
HEY WAS I THE ONLY ONE WHO CRIED OVER GEORGE'S EAR? OMG
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
July 22nd, 2007 at 12:44pm
I was really O_O over George's ear, but when he woke up and said he felt Saintly I just started laughing my head off.

My brother came into my bedroom at about four o'clock this morning and just made a little incoherent noise of sadness and shock. I can't remember but I think I said "I know!" in reply. Hahaha.
Micro Sheep
Falling In Love With The Board
Micro Sheep
July 22nd, 2007 at 12:45pm
If harry married Ginny(I haven't read the book yet) then I'm completely dissapointed about the ending.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
July 22nd, 2007 at 12:53pm
I've just realised, JK Rowling has murdered every single character I like reading slash about lmfao woe is me.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
July 22nd, 2007 at 12:57pm
I also am forcing myself not to read the 'Prince's Tale' chapter for a while.
Because I just know it's my favourite chapter of the Harry Potter series and I know I may well end up learning it word-for-word by the time I die. I don't want to exhaust it yet Coolio
RPattz
Board Parasite
RPattz
July 22nd, 2007 at 01:26pm
Ok Last night was too tired to function to here is my analysis.

It was sad when Mad-Eye died but then I thought there must be some more major deaths because his happened so early on in the book, so I saved my tears. R.I.P Georges ear, the joke made about were fab though and lmfao 'saintly'

Dobby dying, omg, and they way he stood up to the Malfoys, That is what started the tears flowing, after that, it was hard for them to stop

The whole Snape/Lily thing was total genius in my opinion. I knew he would turn out to be good. And the reason that Snape had so much comtempt for Harry is now apparent, because he was so much like his father, who Snape despised for having Lily (and their mutual school day rivalry) and the fact that he had Lily's eyes. So Snape was reminded of what he never had when he looked at Harry.

Seriously, why Fred? There was no need for him to die, when he did I was like 'WHAT, NOOOOOOOO'. The deaths of Lupin and Tonks had me in tears aswell, it meant that Teddy was an orphan, I was like 'JKR is on a killing spree, MUDERER XD'

Ok, the bit where I totally just broke down, the scenes from the penseive and when Harry emerged from it, all I kept thinking was 'Dumbledore, you bastard'. The scene in the forest when he brought back Lily, James, Sirius and Lupin and he was talking to them. I had to stop reading for a few mins I was crying so much
Harry looked at his Mother.
'Stay close to me', he whispered, quietly

.... totally heart-wrenching,

The Epilogue, I don't really know what to think of it to be honest, I mean I can see why it is there, it finishes off all of the loose ends and stops people wondering what happened, it was maybe a little clichéd.

A few little minor things, Dudley's worst moment, WHAT THE FUCK WAS IT?
Molly Weasley ftw 'NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH'
McGonagall was awesome.
Neville (Professor Longbottom) is the MAN.
Potterwatch had me creased 'He can move faster than Serverus Snape confonted by shampoo'. The names were awesome, Romulus, Royal, River etc, all very clever and obvious. lmfao

I think I am gonna start reading again.

The adventures of James, Albus, Lily, Rose and Hugo, anyone? Harry as a dad... so cute

One last thing, 'All was well.' as the last words of the book Hand XD
Mike N Tre Erections
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Mike N Tre Erections

Blog
July 22nd, 2007 at 01:57pm
Well I am completley disgusted with the book. She went on a murder spree. It was like, Kill one:kill one free.

Poor Teddy ;_;. :sighs:
And my two fave characters were killed off, Snape and Lupin. How could she!? They were such a cool slash couple.

Oh well, at least we still have Teddy to bargin off.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
July 22nd, 2007 at 02:58pm
I was over Costcos this morning and I just got really overrun with sadness cos of Lupin and Tonks.

I mean, it's SO similar to what happened to Harry, isn't it? Teddy's parents died fighting evil, and he has a reckless godfather (who was an undesirable at one point) and he never knew his parents.

I think Teddy and Harry are going to have a really close bond cos of that.

Also, I know before I wanted Bellatrix to live because she was too interesting to die, but when she said "What will happen when Mummy joins Freddie?" I just wanted to rip her apart with my bare hands.
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
July 22nd, 2007 at 03:53pm
Freaky Styley:
HEY WAS I THE ONLY ONE WHO CRIED OVER GEORGE'S EAR? OMG

No. Shifty
Buddy Christ
Buddy Christ

Blog
July 22nd, 2007 at 04:09pm
Albus Servus is a bit of a weird name.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
July 22nd, 2007 at 04:13pm
A Wasted Youth:

And my two fave characters were killed off, Snape and Lupin. How could she!? They were such a cool slash couple.

'were'?

Still are, mate Coolio Sirius didn't disappear from fanfiction when he popped his clogs, Snape and Lupin won't either.
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
July 22nd, 2007 at 04:40pm
Buddy Christ:
Albus Servus is a bit of a weird name.

Yeah, the epilogue was like super cheesy, and the names made me wtf a lot. I still loved it. Shifty
Buddy Christ
Buddy Christ

Blog
July 22nd, 2007 at 04:46pm
I wa s thinking at least one of the trio would die. Surely. But I guess not.

And lol@ bald Draco
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
July 22nd, 2007 at 04:52pm
wtf no. so happy they survived. Con

but hedwig, dobby, fred, lupin, tonks. Molly
Buddy Christ
Buddy Christ

Blog
July 22nd, 2007 at 05:08pm