August 13th, 2007 at 08:42am
Luna Lovegood:
JK has enough money
that's not the point though. Coolio
porcelain-star
Geek
porcelain-star
August 13th, 2007 at 11:06am
this is kinda random..but how gay is the ending? like, they all get married and have babies. it was just a tad predictable. if i wanted to know about it i would watch my rats mating..
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
August 13th, 2007 at 11:20am
Paislee LeStrange:
this is kinda random..but how gay is the ending? like, they all get married and have babies. it was just a tad predictable. if i wanted to know about it i would watch my rats mating..

May I join you? Meg

Yeah I was a bit pissed off. I was going to stop reading after the last chapter but thought I might be missing out on something in the epilogue. Now I wish I had done.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
August 13th, 2007 at 11:28am
Like I've said before, all she did was add on a fanfic to the end! Retard
TragicCaseofMyReality
King For A Couple Of Days
TragicCaseofMyReality
August 13th, 2007 at 01:01pm
Paislee LeStrange:

I kind of liked it Coolio I mean it def. had a sense of closure and I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't happy that Ron and Hermione ended up together...i have been waiting for as long as JKR was hinting at it... I would have liked to know more ofcourse about some of the other characters and it wasn't totally satisfying...but then again I don't think she meant it to be either...*shrugs*
I'm just saying I wasn't disappointed with it.
a-dawg.
Falling In Love With The Board
a-dawg.
August 13th, 2007 at 02:31pm
Harry Potter.:
Luna Lovegood:
JK has enough money
Yeah but he didn't claim to have written it either.
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
August 13th, 2007 at 02:32pm
Paislee LeStrange:
How can an ending be gay? Confused
just_call_me_dookie
Addict
just_call_me_dookie

Mibba
August 13th, 2007 at 03:13pm
Paislee LeStrange:
Do not use gay as insult please. It is not bad to gay.

Thank you. =]
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
August 13th, 2007 at 04:27pm
Fred and George_JCMD:
Paislee LeStrange:

Thank you. =]

Yeah. Its well gay to use it insultingly.
just_call_me_dookie
Addict
just_call_me_dookie

Mibba
August 13th, 2007 at 05:36pm
Crash Ghandicoot:
Fred and George_JCMD:
Paislee LeStrange:

Thank you. =]

Yeah. Its well gay to use it insultingly.
>< Come on now! Mocking me are you?
Alexa.
Alexa.
August 13th, 2007 at 05:36pm
Luna Lovegood:
Harry Potter.:
Luna Lovegood:
JK has enough money

They've decided he's not being prosecuted anyway, so I guess they saw it the same way you do. Retard

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6943650.stm
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
August 13th, 2007 at 09:46pm
Harry Potter.:
Luna Lovegood:
JK has enough money

Exactly.

She's earned that money, and she's worked fucking hard for it, so she deserves every penny. It's not up to anybody else to say whether she's got enough. Yeah, she's got plenty, but so have lots of people.
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
August 14th, 2007 at 12:14am
Flaming Phalanges!:
Harry Potter.:
Luna Lovegood:
JK has enough money

Exactly.

She's earned that money, and she's worked fucking hard for it, so she deserves every penny. It's not up to anybody else to say whether she's got enough. Yeah, she's got plenty, but so have lots of people.
Sorry, I just feel really sorry for this guy, that's all. It must be really frustrating for foreign fans who can't speak English, and I don't think he deserved to be put in prison (even if it was only for a short time, and he's been released). I dunno. I guess it depended a lot on the French police, I'm not sure how much JK had to do with it.
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
August 14th, 2007 at 12:19am
~lexy~:
Luna Lovegood:
Harry Potter.:
Luna Lovegood:
JK has enough money

They've decided he's not being prosecuted anyway, so I guess they saw it the same way you do. Retard

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6943650.stm
Yay Very Happy
Alexa.
Alexa.
August 14th, 2007 at 12:23am
I think it was a really stupid thing to do, and he really shouldn't have done it as it's blatently illegal, but he's only 16 and I don't think he really meant any harm. Actually I don't think he really thought about what he was doing at all.

So it's good they stopped him, but I'm glad he wasn't prosecuted or anything.
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
August 14th, 2007 at 12:27am
~lexy~:
I think it was a really stupid thing to do, and he really shouldn't have done it as it's blatently illegal, but he's only 16 and I don't think he really meant any harm. Actually I don't think he really thought about what he was doing at all.

I dunno. If I found a free translation of Harry Potter into Irish or something, I'd jump at the chance of getting it. Also, other authors have their work put on the internet for download or whatever, and screenwriters, and no one gives a damn. He wasn't trying to do any harm, just help other fans.
TragicCaseofMyReality
King For A Couple Of Days
TragicCaseofMyReality
August 14th, 2007 at 12:27am
~lexy~:

my thoughts exactly
Alexa.
Alexa.
August 14th, 2007 at 12:32am
Luna Lovegood:
~lexy~:

I dunno. If I found a free translation of Harry Potter into Irish or something, I'd jump at the chance of getting it. Also, other authors have their work put on the internet for download or whatever, and screenwriters, and no one gives a damn. He wasn't trying to do any harm, just help other fans.

I'm not saying he was trying to do any harm. I said I don't think he really thought about the consequences of what he was doing.

It's up to other authors what they do and don't let happen to their work, but what he was doing was wrong. Harry Potter is high profile that's almost certainly why this has got so much media attention. But it's JK's work, he can't just translate it without permission, whether he had good intentions or not it's against the law.
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
August 14th, 2007 at 12:40am
~lexy~:
Luna Lovegood:
~lexy~:

I'm not saying he was trying to do any harm. I said I don't think he really thought about the consequences of what he was doing.

It's up to other authors what they do and don't let happen to their work, but what he was doing was wrong. Harry Potter is high profile that's almost certainly why this has got so much media attention. But it's JK's work, he can't just translate it without permission, whether he had good intentions or not it's against the law.
I know that. I just find it unfair that tons of other authors whose work gets copied are ignored, even when the pirates do it for personal profit, and it must be so frustrating for some people to wait for ages the book to come out in their language (if ever). Also, it seems to have been a bit of a coincidence that he got caught at all. If they hadn't already been doing an investigation he probably wouldn't have been caught. I just feel really sorry for the poor kid. He must have been scared shitless.
Alexa.
Alexa.
August 14th, 2007 at 12:46am
That's life though, it is unfair and it is frustrating.

I feel sorry for him too, like I said I'm glad he wasn't prosecuted, I'm sure it was scary for him but what he did was wrong, even if he didn't mean anything by it.
Register