Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows discussion thread

AuthorMessage
Misanthropist
Post Whore
Misanthropist
August 30th, 2007 at 11:52pm
Jay Tee:

Something that I'm wondering about, though, is when Voldemort returns to Hogwarts for that last battle, would he have recognised Slughorn? Why didn't he insult, taunt or even acknowlege the fat bastard?
I don't view Voldemort as the kind of wizard who would be focused on someone as (in his view) useless as Slughorn. Slughorn is pretty un-acknowledgeable, and I doubt Voldemort was going to take time to specifically taunt him when there was Harry around.
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
August 30th, 2007 at 11:57pm
Misanthropist:
I don't view Voldemort as the kind of wizard who would be focused on someone as (in his view) useless as Slughorn. Slughorn is pretty un-acknowledgeable, and I doubt Voldemort was going to take time to specifically taunt him when there was Harry around.

He was fighting Slughorn along with Kingsley and erm... someone else Coolio in the Great Hall.

Voldemort found out about multi-horcruxes from Slughorn, he pretty much spent several years up Slughorn's arse.
Misanthropist
Post Whore
Misanthropist
August 31st, 2007 at 04:38am
Jay Tee:

He was fighting Slughorn along with Kingsley and erm... someone else Coolio in the Great Hall.

Voldemort found out about multi-horcruxes from Slughorn, he pretty much spent several years up Slughorn's arse.
Yes, I figured that tbh... Coolio
But even with that! I just don't think he would even say anything. I mean, Voldemort likes to do things by himself, so would he really say anything about Slughorn helping a bit on the horcruxes?
I'm not sure, I just can't view him bothering.
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
August 31st, 2007 at 07:27pm
I think its actually kind of in the name Slughorn. Just a lazy-ass bum who slugs around...He was just another stepping stone for ol' Voldie. And remember, he likes to flatter Bellatrix too.
Misanthropist
Post Whore
Misanthropist
August 31st, 2007 at 07:31pm
lyrical_mess:
I think its actually kind of in the name Slughorn. Just a lazy-ass bum who slugs around...He was just another stepping stone for ol' Voldie. And remember, he likes to flatter Bellatrix too.
Yes, just another stepping stone! Exactly. I don't think he would bother to taunt Slughorn, even in battle...even almost face to face.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
September 2nd, 2007 at 01:33pm
Maybe he did say something? But it wasn't really too important to the story if he did, and we were seeing it through Harry's eyes anyways, so if Harry didn't see it, we wouldn't either.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
September 7th, 2007 at 12:51pm
I wanna know what happened to the Dursleys...whether they survived, whether Harry ever saw them again, etc etc.

Well, I reckon they survived, cos Harry would have been told by one of the order.
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
September 7th, 2007 at 03:10pm
Flaming Phalanges!:
I wanna know what happened to the Dursleys...whether they survived, whether Harry ever saw them again, etc etc.

Well, I reckon they survived, cos Harry would have been told by one of the order.

Yeah, I wonder if they ever meet again or whatever..

But I guess no.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
September 7th, 2007 at 10:16pm
I think it would be nice if Harry and Dudley met up occasionally for a drink or something, cos they did part on fairly good terms.

And I also hope that the Dursleys realise just how much Harry did for the whole world (I know it wasn't just Harry, but no one else willingly walked into their certain death, knowing they couldn't fight back, etc etc) because I think they had such a terrible view of them that they need a severe wake up call.
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
September 9th, 2007 at 06:16pm
It would be cool, yeah.. tehe

But I think if we asked Jo, they would not Coolio ... Although ... maybe Dudley totally changed into a good person and all. Cheese
thegirlintheband
Jackass
thegirlintheband

Blog
September 10th, 2007 at 04:35pm
Bloodraine:
I also am forcing myself not to read the 'Prince's Tale' chapter for a while.
Because I just know it's my favourite chapter of the Harry Potter series and I know I may well end up learning it word-for-word by the time I die. I don't want to exhaust it yet Coolio

Omg me too, I've read the book 3 times already but I've read that chapter about 20times... it's amazinggg

And yes, I was also disapointed with the ending, the whole 19years later bit... Not happy. But amazing book. My favourite by far.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
September 10th, 2007 at 06:37pm
The ending seemed a bit fanficcy to me. A bit lame, really. But it was cute.
ree-ee-annan
King For A Couple Of Days
ree-ee-annan
September 13th, 2007 at 07:56pm
lyrical_mess:
The ending seemed a bit fanficcy to me. A bit lame, really. But it was cute.
Yeah, I know what you mean.

I was hoping for something a bit more...idk.
But it was alright I spose.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
September 13th, 2007 at 08:30pm
I actually really liked the ending. I mean, when I first read "Nineteen Years Later" I was like ....oh dear, but then I actually read the chapter and was just completely awww!!!

It came full circle, and I really like that, practically ended up where the Philosopher's Stone started, with the little specky kid going off to Hogwarts for the first time, the red haired girl wailing that she wanted to go too, and it was all just...I dunno, right.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
September 15th, 2007 at 03:52pm
Omg! You're right! I didn't even realize about the red-haired girl!

Whoa.
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
September 17th, 2007 at 12:02pm
When I re-read the book a couple of weeks ago I sat down and paid utmost attention when I got to 19 Years Later... and I found it rather sweet and enjoyable.

It seemed strange at first but now I've gone back and expected it I rather like it.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
September 17th, 2007 at 07:20pm
I think it was a really nice way to end it. It gives you closure and stuff, and it's just like omgosh aw. Cos if JKR had finished it with the "I've had enough trouble for one lifetime" line it would have been a bit rubbish because you don't get to see what happens after, and that chapter shows that life continued after the war, and everything became normal and everyone was happy.

Except les personnes mort, because I don't expect they were feeling much at all.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
September 18th, 2007 at 05:00pm
haha...I feel kinda sorry for Voldie though...he has to forever exist in that tortured-child state...

I gots a question for y'alls...does Harry know his parents' names before getting to Hogwarts?
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
September 18th, 2007 at 07:19pm
I don't know. I think he must have done, because Petunia and Vernon would have had to have told him a certain amount, but I think that's about it.

And I feel sorry for my idealised version of Tom, not Voldie. Cos my idealised version of Tom is that when he DOES resurrect himself, he resurrects himself as how he was as a teenager, like in the diary, and he's all witty and charming and wonderful.

But of course JKR couldn't have Lord Voldemort as a possible girly sigh evoker.
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
September 18th, 2007 at 08:06pm
lyrical_mess:

I gots a question for y'alls...does Harry know his parents' names before getting to Hogwarts?
How can anyone feel sorry for Voldemort?!

...I'd say yes.
Register