The end of the world: Sooner or later?

AuthorMessage
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
August 4th, 2008 at 01:14am
Okay, so I was on YouTube watching this video made by SSBMan123. It was a slide show for REM's song It's the End of the World As We Know It (and I feel fine). While I was watching it, I noticed something. Watch it and see.

Notice anything strange? Here's what I noticed: None of the pictures in the video had anything to do with a flood! A closer look at the lyrics also points out that it said nothing in the song about a flood either. This brought me back to a few memories: The first was the most recent, of my cousin saying that he'd like to live to see the end of the world, to ride it out, because he didn't want anyone to experience more than him. The second was the time my mom said that my grammy said that the news said that some scientists said that the world was going to tilt off of its axis in 2012 and we would all drown or fall off. Nobody believes in gravity anymore, it would seem. The third and final memory was when I was four, reading my My First Bible. I remembered the part when it said that after it was done raining 40 days and 40 nights, God made the first rainbow as a promise that He would never flood the earth again. Say what you will about the last one, it's just a childhood memory. You don't have to believe me.

But what I want to know is, with these contradicting thoughts about how and when the world will end, what your opinion is. Will we drown in 2012? Or did you have something else in mind? Lock this thread if you need to. I'm just curious.
Steph:DonaNobisPacem
Geek
Steph:DonaNobisPacem

Blog
August 4th, 2008 at 04:08am
I believe that in 2012, everyone in the world is going to notice that we're all a bunch of scumbags, and that what we are doing to the Environment, and to each other, is wrong. MOST of us will stop being idiots and bring peace to the world.

I think that this whole theory that the world is going to end in 2012 is just something to scare us into trying to find a solution to all of the worlds problems before time runs out.

I don't believe that the world is going to end; I just believe that it is going to get better.
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
August 4th, 2008 at 01:52pm
Trust me when I say that things could probably get alot worse.
Isaac Clarke
King For A Couple Of Days
Isaac Clarke
August 7th, 2008 at 11:50pm
The Name's Skylar:
Trust me when I say that things could probably get alot worse.
How do you know that though?
I'm not a real believer in the world coming to an end. There isn't any real proof, and there's already a lot of bad in the world as it is. Always has been and probably always will be.
From what I've heard, there will be a spiritual change. Negative energy in people will turn into physical problems in your body. I'm not sure if it's true, but I think it's more believable than sudden floods or the earth spinning out of orbit just because of a certain date coming up.
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
August 8th, 2008 at 08:50am
The Name's Skylar:
The second was the time my mom said that my grammy said that the news said that some scientists said that the world was going to tilt off of its axis in 2012 and we would all drown or fall off.

Oh it would happen the year the UK gets the Olympics. Coffee
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
August 8th, 2008 at 09:48am
Peardrops:
The Name's Skylar:
The second was the time my mom said that my grammy said that the news said that some scientists said that the world was going to tilt off of its axis in 2012 and we would all drown or fall off.

LOL! Fall off?! Whatever happened to gravity?!
Verbatim.
Verbatim.
August 9th, 2008 at 12:50pm
bjtp:
Peardrops:
The Name's Skylar:

it's expiry date is 31/12/2011

srry
Olivia Wilde.
Addict
Olivia Wilde.

Blog
August 9th, 2008 at 07:43pm
Start Something.:
bjtp:
Peardrops:
The Name's Skylar:

it's expiry date is 31/12/2011

srry

o no I'll just be 21 wtf Sad

I'll JUST be legal and then the world decides to be retarded? Great >_>
Chile D. Guy
Basket Case
Chile D. Guy
August 9th, 2008 at 10:01pm
The Earth itself is expected to 'end' once our Sun begin its Supernova status and engulfs the nearest planets. Do you know when that will happen? In like 3 billion years. When our generation is turned to fossil fuel.
Until then, only the mankind can destroy itself. Not some 'divine force', that doesn't exists.
Jesse Lacey
Post Whore
Jesse Lacey

Mibba Blog
August 9th, 2008 at 10:22pm
A NEW AGE IS GOING TO BEGIN.
THE WORLD ISN'T ENDING.
THIS IS SELF CREATED DRAMA BY SOME PEOPLE WHO WERE CORRECT ON A FEW THINGS
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
August 10th, 2008 at 10:11am
Chile Stud:
The Earth itself is expected to 'end' once our Sun begin its Supernova status and engulfs the nearest planets. Do you know when that will happen? In like 3 billion years. When our generation is turned to fossil fuel.
Until then, only the mankind can destroy itself. Not some 'divine force', that doesn't exists.
Oh I thought the sun was going to shut off in like, 1000 years
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
August 11th, 2008 at 06:55am
LOL. The sun has a bit more fuel than that tbh.
captain america
GSBitch
captain america

Blog
August 11th, 2008 at 10:36pm
The world won't end with pollution as the cause. Yeah, we're in need of help in that department, but by the time people say something's going to happen, the world would most likely be nothing.
The US is fighting in a war that to me is pretty much a way to kill off thousands of americans, but that's not what I'm trying to get at.
The world today is fueled by violence.
There's more crime going on, on the news for a city near by me, teenagers are running amuck with baseball bats and beating and robbing innocent people. More and more people are turning to violence, just because that's the generation they've grown up in.
Global warming isn't what's going to kill us. We're the ones killing ourselves. If this gets even more out of hand, someone's going to blow someone else's country up, the economy will blow to hell and soon everyone else's countries are fucked.
Pardon my chinese.
But haven't you people noticed these things?
Confused
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
August 11th, 2008 at 10:59pm
smithy Slappy:
The world won't end with pollution as the cause. Yeah, we're in need of help in that department, but by the time people say something's going to happen, the world would most likely be nothing.
The US is fighting in a war that to me is pretty much a way to kill off thousands of americans, but that's not what I'm trying to get at.
The world today is fueled by violence.
There's more crime going on, on the news for a city near by me, teenagers are running amuck with baseball bats and beating and robbing innocent people. More and more people are turning to violence, just because that's the generation they've grown up in.
Global warming isn't what's going to kill us. We're the ones killing ourselves. If this gets even more out of hand, someone's going to blow someone else's country up, the economy will blow to hell and soon everyone else's countries are fucked.
Pardon my chinese.
But haven't you people noticed these things?
Confused

Erm... I don't think anyone said anything about global warming... Although I think that sucks too... But still.

You do have a point, though.
captain america
GSBitch
captain america

Blog
August 12th, 2008 at 05:38pm
I never said this had to do with global warming in any way.
People are saying the world is going to end in 2012, people say we're going to die sooner because of global warming, but global warming isn't what we should be worried about, it's the violence happening right now.
Sorry if I made it sound like weird or something :O
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
August 12th, 2008 at 09:49pm
I really don't care at this point. But the world had BETTER NOT END in 2012 because I'm moving out in 2013, and I won't be legally allowed to buy a house until then.
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
August 14th, 2008 at 10:18am
I find this topic to be completely pointless. The world is not going to end for millions of years, well after the sun burns out. Maybe humans will die out in the meantime, but as long as there is heat, light and water, the planet and life will survive. Perhaps we'll get hit by some meteor or something else outside our scope of controlling, but we sure as hell won't able to predict it.

Read some Stephen Hawking and stop worrying.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
October 23rd, 2009 at 02:45pm
I think it's stupid to make up this December 2012 theory...
I mean somepeople ARE going to take it like, it's for real.
And, well....there are most likely to be bad results.

If it were really to end in December 2012 that'd suck.
Because that'd be my grad. year -_-.

Though, I am not worried that it'll happen. So it's all good.
goldenyears
Geek
goldenyears
October 24th, 2009 at 03:50pm
The world is not going to end.

Hundreds of people have predicted the end of the world and clearly it hasn't happened yet. Someone believed that the world was going to collide with the sun in 1603 and we're still waiting for it to happen.

I don't see how this is any different.
Dr.Hymen
Geek
Dr.Hymen

Blog
October 24th, 2009 at 05:37pm
The world won't end in 2012, there's just a few glitches we'll eradicate.
End of story.
Register